Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118166 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #615 on: January 25, 2021, 08:26:24 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #378 (1795) - Josette - 'Oh I did not COME to discuss that. It's Jeremiah I wish to talk to you about. He MUST NOT GO.'

From "#0378/0379: Robservations 03/01/02: Get Married NOW!"
Josette immediately runs downstairs to Barnabas, who spots the mark on her hand. She dismisses it as a bruise. Trancelike, she tells him to stop Jeremiah from leaving. She knows why he's going--he hates her and disapproves of her marriage to Barnabas!
[/spoiler]

Once again we're in the Robservations period where there's very little detail so the quote is barely referenced - but there is enough detail to get across the main points leading up to the quote and what comes a bit after it so I don't need to explain those things myself...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 26, 2021, 04:16:26 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #608 (1968) - Angelique - 'You MUST COME, Barnabas. You HAVE TO COME. I don't know what to do. You MUST COME to me now. Now. Now. Now. Now.'

From "Robservations 8/16/02 - #608/609 - Rivals For a Vampire's Affections"
The dogs howl. Barnabas, at the Old House (in my favorite red smoking jacket and a scarf to hide his fang marks), is writing something. He is perturbed to hear first the dogs, then Angelique summoning him. You have to come to me, she pleads, I don't know what to do--come to me NOW! Barnabas tries to resist, but it's futile. Now! She demands. Barnabas, in a trance, heads out the door.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations does a good job of referencing most of the quote - though, interestingly enough, it doesn't use the word "MUST," which is quite unusual for a Robservations because they often use "MUST" where no such use is in the actual ep...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 26, 2021, 08:10:33 PM »
Great photo of Count Petofi and Magda. I'd forgotten that he expressed a "certain fondness" for her. It doesn't seem to make her feel any better. Great storyline!

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 27, 2021, 06:40:01 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #820 (1897) - Petofi - 'I hope your brethren will not be too intemperate when they finally catch up with you. I have a certain fondness for you, uh, but you MUST GO now.'

From "Robservations #819-820"
You know, says Petofi, as I do, that the gypsies are coming here--I suspect the town will be swarming with them.  You already knew? she asks, perturbed.  It wasn't an act of clairvoyance, I learned by accident, he replies.  What will you do? she asks.  Nothing, he says--they won't be looking for me unless they know I'm here--and they don't--the note suggests they are looking for you, he says.  Help me, protect me, she says.  If I protect you, says Petofi, they may find me, he points out--I'm reluctant to endanger my own life.  Maybe they will find out you are in Collinsport, she suggests.  They won't know unless you tell them, he says, and you won't betray me because you won't be able to speak or write my name!  He touches her mouth with the magic hand--try to say it, he suggests.  Magda can't do it!  And you will not, he warns--is that quite clear?--I hope your brethren won't be too angry when they find you--I have a certain fondness for you, but you must go now.  I don't want to go back to the Old House now, insists Magda.  I have another visitor, he says, so get out.
She sneers, "I hope it's King Johnny himself!" then turns and leaves.
[/spoiler]

With only a couple changes again it's a case that the Robservations does a good job of referencing the quote...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 27, 2021, 08:17:29 PM »
Those are great, great, GREAT captures of Magda and the Count. And I know what I'm watching tonight.

Thanks, MB!

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: January 28, 2021, 12:36:25 AM »
Great photo of Count Petofi and Magda.

And here it is for those who may have missed it:

I'd forgotten that he expressed a "certain fondness" for her.

You're not the only one because I'd forgotten about that too. But as I always say, there's no way to remember everything about all the eps. Rediscovering these forgotten bits is the fun of watching the show over and over again.

It doesn't seem to make her feel any better.

No, not exactly.  And judging by the expression on his face, Petofi doesn't have much sympathy for the position he's put Magda in. But then it's all about HIS safety...

Great storyline!

You're preaching to the choir there!!  [snow_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: January 28, 2021, 02:38:05 PM »
Those are great, great, GREAT captures of Magda and the Count.

I particularly love Magda's sneer - no one could sneer like Grayson, not even James Storm as Gerard's Ghost.

And I know what I'm watching tonight.

I hope you enjoyed yourself.  [snow_smiley]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: January 28, 2021, 08:33:05 PM »
Love seeing Nicholas giving Adam his orders. It was amazing how nobody seemed able to get through to Adam but Nicholas--and somewhat, Professor Stokes.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: January 29, 2021, 03:50:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #211 (1967) - Caretaker - 'Someone was in here. Something happened here. We MUSTN'T STAY.'

From "#0210/0211: Robservations 10/18/01: The Courtly Cousin From England"
This place--does it belong to the Collins family? asks Jason. Yes, says the caretaker, Joshua and Naomi Collins--and one of the children--another child, a son, is buried in England they say. Is that all that's happened? asks Jason--just the lock broken? He should never have gone inside, says the caretaker. Why, what's in there? asks Jason. The dead, asleep and at peace, says the caretaker. Is that all? asks Jason. Evil, says the caretaker, evil hovers there, can't you feel it? No, can't say that I do, replies Jason--nothing inside was disturbed, was it? Yes! says the caretaker. You mean somebody disturbed the coffins? Asks Jason. Nothing that profane, says the caretaker, but the dead were disturbed, I can tell! Do you mind if I go in there? asks Jason. Please, you mustn't! begs the caretaker. Why not? asks Jason. I told you, evil is in there! the caretaker replies. Suppose I just take my chances, grins Jason, entering the tomb. No, no, no, for your own sake! cries the caretaker, but he follows Jason inside, telling him they shouldn't be in here--doesn't he feel it? These are the tombs of Joshua and Naomi Collins, says Jason, pointing to them. Yes, says the caretaker, pointing to the third coffin, there is the child, Sarah. I don't see what you're so excited about, says Jason, nothing seems to be disturbed. Something happened in here, someone was in here, insists the caretaker, we mustn't stay.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations mixes things around but pretty much references the quote well...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: January 29, 2021, 04:00:14 PM »
I loved that dress Judith is wearing today. I've always wondered whether Ramse Mostoller made some of the costumes for 1897.  Presumably most if not all were rentals, as I have read was the case with 1795.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: January 29, 2021, 09:38:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #555 (1968) - Nicholas - 'No, that is out of the question. You MUST STAY here.'

From "Robservations 7/10/02 - #554/555 - Guess Who's a Vampire Now?"
Vicki sleeps. Adam watches her. Nicholas returns and says he can take Vicki away now--my house isn't far, he says, pleased that Adam used the drugs he gave him. Vicki will sleep several hours, says Nicholas, and will awaken in her new hiding place. She won't know where she is. Don't harm her, demands Adam, and Nicholas promises she won't be if Barnabas cooperates. Adam wants to come along, but Nicholas refuses--you must stay here. Adam wants to go to ensure Vicki's safety. You must trust me, says Nicholas. Adam continues to insist, and Nicholas says it would be a problem if he disappears from this room--Carolyn would immediately suspect Adam was connected with Vicki's disappearance and call the police.
[/spoiler]

A least the Robservations references half of the quote quite well and the rest adequately enough...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: January 30, 2021, 04:34:24 PM »
Love seeing Nicholas giving Adam his orders.

And here's the screen capture for those who might have missed it:

It was amazing how nobody seemed able to get through to Adam but Nicholas--and somewhat, Professor Stokes.

Yes - though of course the influences Nicholas and Stokes exerted on Adam were just so diametrically opposed. The writers really ruined Adam as a character when they put him under Nicholas' influence. And that was a shame because Adam was so interesting and dare I say, sympathetic, during the first half of his storyline. But under Nicholas he basically became a one-note brute who just barked the same threats over and over again...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: January 30, 2021, 06:46:03 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #784 (1897) - Gregory - 'But at least now, Judith, at least now you know the real reason I MUST LEAVE Collinsport.'

From "Robservations 1/28/03 - #784-785  - A Sudden Marriage; Magda Takes a Desperate Chance"
I have decided to close Worthington Hall and leave Collinsport forever, says Trask.  This boggles Judith's mind.  No! she cries.  Trask admits, it's been a difficult decision, and I don't want you to dissuade me.  You must reconsider, she insists, for the sake of the children.  I can't think of them, says Trask.  I think you're leaving because of my family, says Judith, and all that has happened.  No, he says, just one of the Collinses has made me come to this decision.  Judith guesses Edward, then Quentin, but Trask pretends he can't confess at first.  Then he tells her, reluctantly, YOU are the one.  Have I done something to offend you? she asks.  No, you've been here, he says, and that's the reason I must leave--you're in this house, and I'm no more than 10 minutes away, thinking of you, wondering what you're doing (with your money), contemplating your goodness, faith, your hold on the virtues of life (and all that money)--"Oh, Judith, I cannot bear it any longer!  You would never consider marrying me!"  (Whoa baby, his wife isn't even cold yet!)  Judith is shocked--marry you?  "Judith, would you marry me?" he asks.  She stares at him, stunned by his proposal.

Judith looks angry at first.  She rises from the sofa, silent.  He apologizes--I thought I had learned to contain my natural impetuousness--you're insulted by my presumption (Judith interrupts and says that isn't true), "but believe me, Judith, even in my innermost thoughts in my wildest dreams, I know there is no hope for my suit, but at least now you know the real reason I must leave Collinsport--it is impossible!"
[/spoiler]

The Robservations references the quote just shy of perfectly...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: January 31, 2021, 04:30:46 PM »
I loved that dress Judith is wearing today.

And here's the screen capture showing it off for anyone who might have missed it:

I always associate that dress with the green card series because Judith wears it in several of the cards.

I've always wondered whether Ramse Mostoller made some of the costumes for 1897.  Presumably most if not all were rentals, as I have read was the case with 1795.

That's a very interesting question. As you say, we know the costumes for 1795/96 were rentals. (And the fact that those 1790s costumes were the ones they got is actually the entire reason that first flashback was set in 1795/96 rather than the 1830s, as events had been established in so many 1966/67 eps.) But I don't believe we've ever been told the 1897 costumes were rentals. (Or if we have, I've completely forgotten about it.) And honestly I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ramse Mostoller did the 1897 costumes just as Mary McKinley did all the costumes for 1840 and 1841PT...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: January 31, 2021, 05:40:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #212 (1967) - Barnabas - 'Well now I MUST GO.'

From "#0212/0213: Robservations 10/19/01: Barnabas Uses His Charms"
You certainly were well schooled in the family history, says Liz approvingly. I wouldn't be a Collins if I weren't, he points out, walking away from the window--and I wouldn't be a Collins if I didn't recognize in my blood, in my soul, that my roots are here--and perhaps my destiny. (gives me shivers) Forgive me, he tells Liz, who looks at him with a fond smile, I tend to romanticize--promise you'll pay no attention to me. I understand, she says. Now I must go, he says.
[/spoiler]

And again the Robservations references the quote just shy of perfectly...