Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 115942 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #345 on: September 14, 2020, 01:36:16 PM »
Today's scene was a dramatic, traumatic event for many viewers in 1971.

We all said, "No, it can't be! Dark Shadows MUST go on!"

And as many of us have said, we were in denial until Monday at 4pm when Password did indeed come on.  [ghost_sad]

Nevertheless here we all are, fifty-some years later, still enjoying our favorite show.

Exactly!  [ghost_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 14, 2020, 01:48:24 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #36 (1966) - David - 'I won't do anything else bad, I promise I won't, but you MUSTN'T stop loving me.'

From "#0035/0036: Robservations 06/12/01: Will Vicki Stay or Go?"
Listen closely, says Liz, you made a threat to Miss Winters, and I don't want any more of that--she's going to stay here, tutor you, and you're going to cooperate--is that quite clear?
All she wants to do is get me in trouble, pouts David, arms crossed over his chest. I don't think you need her help for that, says Liz, not after what you've done. He rises from the chair and anxiously says he didn't do anything. Sit down, she says, and he does. You almost got your father killed, Liz reminds him, and that wasn't Miss Winters' fault. But I... begins David, but she warns him not to try denying it to her, not now. He sits back, angry. You hate me, just like everybody else does, he says. Liz assures him she doesn't hate him, if she did, he wouldn't still be living in her house--but she is angry with him, very angry indeed. I don't care, he says. You'd better start caring, advises Liz--the world isn't a very happy place for boys who don't care what other people think--it's lonely and cold--and I don't want you living like that. You want to send me away, just like my father does, accuses David. Annoyed, Liz asks if she hasn't already...there will be no more talk about sending him away, the accident, or any of it--that's all past--what they will discuss is the future. David rises and says, Miss Winters. Yes, says Liz, I brought her a long distance to help you--and I don't want any problems--you're going to listen to her and do as she says. What if I don't? he demands. Don't make me answer that, she says, I'm not asking much. You like her more than you like me, he says. Is that all you can say? she asks. But it's true, isn't it? he asks--you always said you loved me, isn't that what you said? Of course, I do, says Liz. Well I don't believe it, says David, wounded, not anymore! Liz rises and goes over to the boy, pulling her nephew against her chest and holding him close. Help me, Aunt Elizabeth, he pleads, holding tightly to her, help me! I'm trying, sue says, but you've got t help, too! I won't do anything else bad, I promise I won't! he cries--but you mustn't stop loving me. (Poor baby!) He looks up at her. You're my family, how could I stop? Asks Liz. Easily enough says Roger, entering the room--just look at the boy and realize what he is--a potential murderer. David's face is guarded again. Roger! chastises Liz. It's the truth, isn't it? Roger asks her, unless you prefer to ignore the truth--(with immense sarcasm) it's truly a pleasure to come home from a nice friendly chat in town to be greets by the smiling face of my beloved son!
[/spoiler]

Roger is always such a loving father in these eps. ... Yeah, right!  [ghost_blink]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 15, 2020, 02:50:31 AM »
Mad Millicent... Nancy played these outrageous scripts so brilliantly, and that's a great photo of her!

I was definitely in denial about DS. I remember turning on ABC at 4 p.m. that following Monday and being devastated when Password came on. I'd liked Password. Up till then.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 15, 2020, 02:54:33 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #277 (1967) - Barnabas - 'This house MUST become a more inviting place. I know, I will invite the Collins family here for a gathering.'

From "#0277/0278: Robservations 12/10/01: Party Hearty, Barnabas!"
Josette's room will be occupied quite soon, says Barnabas, but this time, his bride will come of her own free will. Barnabas doesn't want to waste any time. Aside from that, it's been too depressing around here lately, and Barnabas wants to throw a party!
"This house must become a more inviting place, insists the vampire. He'll throw a costume party, and Vicki will wear Josette's dress.
[/spoiler]

Again we're in the period where the Robservations aren't very detailed - and again the quote doesn't even appear, though at least it is referred to.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 16, 2020, 03:32:11 PM »
Today's photo made me smile.

And here it is:

It definitely makes me smile, too.  [ghost_smiley]  Barnabas is captured with an expression one doesn't often see on his face.

According to fan gossip, the dialogue originally had Barnabas musing: "I've got to find a way to make everyone relax more around me. I know, I'll throw a party and then get them all stoned on claret cup, making up some story about Willie messing up the hors-d'oeuvres and thus providing an excuse for why I haven't gotten any food for them! Then Vicki MUST feel sorry for me! It's a plan!"

I LOVE IT!!  [thumb]  Too bad they didn't go with that!!  [ghost_grin]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 16, 2020, 03:42:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #426 (1796) - Millicent - 'Barnabas MUST kill Nathan. Oh I, I suppose it has to be in the course of a technicality like a duel, but he MUST kill him.'

From "#0425/0426: Robservations 04/03/02: Tragedy on Widows' Hill"
Millicent enters and asks for Barnabas. He's in England, says a nonplused Joshua. Surprised, Millicent says she thought they would want someone to defend her honor, and Barnabas had the dueling experience--I saw him at Jeremiah's grave. You're ill, says Joshua, and asks Naomi to take her upstairs. I have been ill all my life, says Millicent, sounding loony, but I've never been alone until now--Barnabas must kill Nathan--I suppose it would be in the course of a technicality, like a duel, but he must kill him--Nathan was married!--Suki was Nathan's wife!

[/spoiler]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 16, 2020, 07:12:49 PM »
Nice shot of Laura and Nora today. I feel a pang thinking of our dear Denise. May her spirit know peace.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 17, 2020, 01:36:37 PM »
Mad Millicent... Nancy played these outrageous scripts so brilliantly, and that's a great photo of her!

And here it is for anyone who might have missed it:

Nancy was indeed brilliant at playing Millicent during this period of her story arc. It's just too bad there were no Daytime Emmys yet because she surely would have been nominated and she would have had an excellent chance of winning. I mean, just look at the above capture and then the capture in the Robservations in reply #350 to see the range she exhibited in just this one scene. She says with almost glee that Barnabas must kill Nathan only to sink into despair the next minute...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 17, 2020, 01:52:27 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #524 (1968) - Joe - 'Jeff! Wake up! Wake up! You MUST have been having a pretty bad dream.'

From "Robservations 6/17/02 - #523/524 - Jeff, Peter, Peter, Jeff"
Jeff, in his bed, mutters "Forbes, where are you?-I'll kill you." Tossing and turning, he drifts off into another dream in which, he confronts Nathan Forbes with a gun. After a heated discussion, he finally fires at point blank range. Nathan does not fall, but merely laughs and laughs. Jeff/Peter looks on in amazement, wondering why the shot failed to kill Nathan. Forbes just laughs some more. You can't kill me, he finally explains- I'm already dead! Jeff, in his bed, again cries out. Joe, asleep on the sofa, hears him and rushes into Jeff's room to see what's wrong. He shakes Jeff awake.
Jeff opens his eyes, takes one look at Joe, then scream out. "Forbes, I'll kill you!" Leaping out of bed, he begins strangling Joe!
[/spoiler]

Again, no reference to the quote. Though obviously it takes place when Joe wakes Jeff.

And once again Midnite is able to find a Joel "MUST" quote. But I'm not jealous. No. Not at all...

And as a side note, there's an instant when Joel is delivering the quote when I swear a smile almost comes across his face. Could RD have been doing something during Joel's close-up to try to break him, as RD often did with poor Alexandra Moltke? No. I'm certain RD would have never done that! ... Yeah, right!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 18, 2020, 02:14:19 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #730 (1897) - Laura - 'Because there is something I MUST do before I can return to Collinwood.'

From "Robservations 11/18/02 - #730/731 - Quentin and His "Dead" Mistress"
"Of course you don't want to go!" cries Laura,  kneeling to clasp her daughter's arms--"You'd much rather stay with me, wouldn't you?"  Yes, says Nora.  Laura asks her to get Jamison and bring him here--I don't think Edward will allow me into the house.  When he sees you? asks Nora.  No, says Laura, I have a better idea, a way you won't have to go to that school--bring Jamison here and the three of us will go away--and we'll be together always.  Nora doesn't want it to be that way, nor does Jamison--we want you with us, as it should be--why can't it be that way, why? demands Nora.  Laura doesn't know--perhaps it can.  She agrees to go to Collinwood, but not right now--soon, very soon, promises Laura, and tells her daughter to go home.  Nora fears if she goes back to Collinwood, her mother will disappear again!  Laura assures her that won't happen--I want to be with my children--I can't come now because there's something I must do before I come back to Collinwood.  You aren't just saying that, are you? asks Nora.  No, Laura assures her, and gives her something to prove it--a scarab she removes from her dress--a "special good luck charm" found in a faraway place--I was told never to be without it, but I want you to keep it, as a reminder that I will keep my word.  Nora examines the scarab and says, I see the same kind of symbols I made in my drawing.  Father was very angry at me--he thought Quentin had taught me.
This disturbs Laura--is Quentin back at Collinwood?  Yes, says Nora, he came back just before Edith died.  "I see," says Laura--go back to the house.  Nora wants to talk to her a little longer, but Laura says, keep our meeting secret--you can only tell Jamison, no one else--I want my return to Collinwood to come as a surprise--to everyone, she adds, grinning.
[/spoiler]

Robservations may rephrase this quote, but at least it is there...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 19, 2020, 02:08:58 PM »
Nice shot of Laura and Nora today.

And here it is:

Diana always seemed to have fun whenever Laura was alluding to something she was planning but didn't want to give anything away just yet. Her facial expressions and her body language are a hoot and loads of fun to watch...

I feel a pang thinking of our dear Denise. May her spirit know peace.

Indeed...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 19, 2020, 02:24:50 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #913_914 (1969) - Michael - 'Good. Now there are some rules you'll have to obey. You MUST be very quiet. You MUST stay awake. And you may not call for help no matter what happens.'

From "Robservations 4/29/03 - 913/914/915 - Warning for Barnabas: A Taste of Vampirism"
Michael locks the shop, then turns to David and accuses, you ran to Barnabas and told him I let Amy in the room. I only did what I had to do, says David. You shouldn't have done it, says Michael--it made me very angry. He crosses his arms over his chest. David apologizes.  That isn't enough, insists Michael--I'm going to have to teach you a lesson--anyone who displeases me HAS to be punished! How? asks David nervously. How would you like to spend the night right here in the shop, all alone, where it's nice and dark? asks Michael. Frightened, David says, I don't want to stay here alone.  It's just an antique shop, says Michael, there's nothing here to hurt you. Where are Megan and Philip? asks David.  In their room, says Michael, and that's where they're going to stay--do you understand that? Yes, David answers. There are some rules you have to obey, says Michael--be very quiet, stay awake, and you may not call for help--no matter what happens. David gulps. Good night, David, I hope you enjoy yourself, says Michael.  He heads upstairs.
[/spoiler]

Another example where a Robservations certainly references a quote but doesn't spell it out in as many words...

And we have another double-MUST quote. We haven't seen one of those in a while - not since August 23rd (Nicholas - 'You MUST listen! You MUST let me explain! I can make it right!')

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 19, 2020, 07:50:45 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding yesterday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Yesterday's quote:
Ep #1005 (1970PT) - Angelexis - 'Alexis! How many times MUST I tell you only call me Alexis?!'

From "#1004/1005: Robservations 07/01/03:"
Drawing room - Hannah tells Angelique, I tried the Tarot cards, they told me nothing, and their silence frightens me more than anything else. You won't need the tarot cards, her niece assures her--I will tell you what to do. Hannah notes that Angelique looks frightened, too. I'm not, nor am I disturbed, retorts Angelique--I'm annoyed with charming Dameon, who irritated me in both life and death--I can sense him in the house, sense his presence--don't you? Yes, he's near, very near, agrees her aunt, but there's nothing I can do about it. Yes there is, insists Angelique.  It's dangerous, warns Hannah.  You must only call me Alexis, Angelique says sharply.  I'm sorry, says Hannah, but this is too dangerous for me. Nonsense, scoffs Angelique--listen carefully. Before she can speak, Quentin joins them
[/spoiler]

Again, referencing the quote but not spelling it out in as many words. And the Robservations doesn't even indicate that Hannah addresses her niece as Angelique, which makes the quote and even just the reference to it seem to come completely from out of nowhere.  [ghost_azn]

And chances are it's not necessary to explain - especially given what's said in the quote and excerpt - but Angelexis=Angelique posing as Alexis...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 20, 2020, 03:00:16 PM »
This time, even if I do say so myself, I love the capture of 1970PT's Angelexis that appeared in the slideshow on Friday:

After I'd gotten the capture I said to Midnite that if looks could kill, the look I captured for the quote might have killed Aunt Hannah right where she stood.  [ghost_cheesy]

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 20, 2020, 03:56:39 PM »
Today's capture from episode 2: WOW! Lela Swift certainly did an outstanding job putting together the visual aspect of the show at its beginning. It's been 8 years since I saw that episode, and I had forgotten that amazing, moody angle on the foyer.