Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 117495 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2020, 06:50:20 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding yesterday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Yesterday's quote:
Ep #1120 (1840) - Gabriel - 'There has been a marriage today, and we MUST do something about it.'

From "#1119/1120: Robservations 09/24/03: Elopement; A Stunning Surprise"
Gerard comes in and says, "I see you're still trying.  My wife is remarkably loyal woman--I admire loyalty in women."  Your loyalty, promise Gabriel, is going to be tests.  Why don't you just relax and accept the fact that it happened? advises Gerard.
Because, says  Gabriel, I know you've been scheming, and plotting, and talking to my father and pretending to kill Samantha when you wouldn't.  I only went along with you because I was afraid you'd try to kill her yourself, says Gerard--I saved her life, I saved her life with very little cost to me.  Gabriel, squeezing his ball, warns him to watch what he says.  There's a bad editing jump, then Gerard offers Gabriel a word of advice.  The latter starts to wheel himself out of the room, but Gerard grabs his chair, stopping him.  you'd better listen to me, says Gerard--why don't you just be a good boy from now on?--it will prove beneficial to you in the future--Samantha and I might even be a little "charitable" on your unfortunate situation.  Gabriel orders him to let go of his chair.  Gerard releases him and Gabriel wheels himself out, squeezing his ball.  Desmond enters the house and Gabriel gestures for him to come to him.  He tells Desmond he needs his help, he can't do it himself because of his legs.  You'd better explain, says Desmond sympathetically.  There's been a marriage today, says Gabriel, and we must do something about it.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 10, 2020, 06:54:11 PM »
Beautiful shot today of Chris Pennock as Gabriel Collins--reportedly his favorite role on the series (from old interviews I recall reading).

It's certainly my favorite role of his. And he's looking particularly devilish in that screen capture:

Let's hope we have good news of Chris's health soon.

Indeed...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 10, 2020, 07:00:40 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #576 (1968) - Angelique - 'You MUST use me as the life force.'

From "Robservations 7/25/02 - Freud, Adam, Liz and Carolyn - #576/577"
The equipment is running, lights flashing as Jeff lies in his post-bite slumber. Angelique watches him, not one spot of red on her spotless white dress (like Mack the Knife, never a trace of red). She helps him up, and he gazes at her, his vision blurry. What happened, he asks. She touches his face, and he flinches away--what did she do to him? She orders him to start now and lifts the sheet covering the body. He tells her to stop, grabbing her wrist, and she says he can't give her orders--he understands that and won't forget it, will he? My life force will go into this body--I will rise, breathe, walk, and I will be free. She wants to start now. No, protests Jeff, only Julia can do this--she'll have to deal with her. Angelique insists he try, but he says he can't alone. She knows he worked with Dr. Lang--Adam told her. He only helped in the beginning, protests Jeff, he didn't bring Adam to life. The books of Lang's, says Ang, they tell what to do. Jeff reminds her she told him she was providing the life force for the creature, and she agrees. Barnabas and Julia never told him about it, and besides, the body isn't ready. It must be, insists Ang, but Jeff says no. When will it be ready? she asks. I don't know, he says. Find out, she orders, and moves to touch him. He tells her to stay away from him, but she says no, he doesn't understand how serious and desperate she is--he must use her as the life force, she insists, her hands on his shoulders. She says what happened to Barnabas will happen to her. You may die, he warns. She reminds him that Barnabas didn't--by the way does he mind her putting her arms around him? Yes, he says, and she hugs him and tells him she will teach him not to mind. She sinks her fangs into his throat again, and although he moans in pain, he looks downright turned on, too.
[/spoiler]

The Robservations rephrases the quote a bit by changing pronouns...

RD and LP work well in their scenes together - he doesn't seem to pull any of the tricks that he does with his other scene partners. But then they've often said that both being from the south originally was a way they felt a bond with each other, so that bond may have had a lot to do with it...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 10, 2020, 11:27:57 PM »
Thanks, MB, for re-posting the Saturday photo. I completely missed that one--Saturday was a very busy day and I was offline for much of it (shocking, I know). Great shot!

Lara and Roger had that reunion on that freaky episode of GALACTICA 1980... I watched a bit of it once and meant to finish watching, but somehow never got around to it.

I do think the crazy subplot of Angelique trying to angle her way into being the Eve life-force is a real scream. Just crazy... classic Angelique.

Thanks, G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 11, 2020, 02:08:07 PM »
Thanks, MB, for re-posting the Saturday photo. I completely missed that one--Saturday was a very busy day and I was offline for much of it (shocking, I know). Great shot!

The way I managed to capture Carolyn is a real hoot.  [ghost_grin]

Lara and Roger had that reunion on that freaky episode of GALACTICA 1980... I watched a bit of it once and meant to finish watching, but somehow never got around to it.

Midnite generously shared screen captures here:
"The Night the Cylons Landed," Pt. 1 captures
and here:
"The Night the Cylons Landed," Pt. 1 captures cont'd
and here:
Lara Parker on "Galactica 1980" today
and here:
"The Night the Cylons Landed," Pt. 2 captures
and here:
Re: "The Night the Cylons Landed," Pt. 2 captures
and here:
and finally here:

I do think the crazy subplot of Angelique trying to angle her way into being the Eve life-force is a real scream. Just crazy... classic Angelique.

Yes! But then I love VampAng!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 11, 2020, 02:28:05 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #720 (1897) - Jenny - 'You MUSTN'T be frightened of me.'

From "Robservations 11/8/02 - #720-721 - A Pissed-Off Wife Takes Revenge"
"Your name is Quentin, she says--"And mine is Jenny." He asks what's happened to her. I thought we were going to be so happy together, she says. We still can be, he says, nothing has changed--"You're still my wife, Jenny!" (SURPRISE!!!!!!) She's excited to hear this. Yes, she says, I am--why did you go away and leave me? He suggests they discuss that on the way back to Collinwood. She pulls away from him and says they aren't allowed. Yes we are, he assures her--it's all right, you're safe. I knew you were back, says Jenny, I heard the music from that room they keep me in. He wants to take her back there. I knew I'd find you here, she teases, and you know why, don't he?--you always came here, to meet people, remember? No, he says. "To meet other women!" she shrieks. He denies it. You thought me pretty, she says, getting in close--do you still? Yes, he says--it's getting late, we must go back to Collinwood. She asks him to kiss her first--you mustn't be frightened of me! I'm not, he claims. Then kiss me! she demands. He doesn't look thrilled at the prospect, but he does, on the lips, for a brief moment. "You won't go away anymore, Quentin," she says. He looks guilty. "And you won't lie to me, either, I feel so sure of that," she says. He suggests they go now. Yes, it's time to go, she agrees, a huge, scary grin on her face.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 12, 2020, 01:36:36 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #329 (1967) - Sheriff Patterson - 'Well, he MUST be.'

From "#0329/0330: Robservations 01/24/02: Dr. Barnabas Collins"
George and Dave exit Willie's room, looking grim, and at first you wonder if Willie didn't tell them WHAT he's afraid of, as in his former vampire employer. Dave and George tell Julia and Barnabas that Willie is hopelessly insane. His mind has snapped--apparently he's been deranged all along. Now he's in his room, babbling incoherently about being afraid of a voice from a grave. So, Willie is guilty, the case is now closed, and Willie will be sent to an institution for the criminally insane. Barn and Julia express their sorrow over hearing this.
[/spoiler]

As you can see, today's quote doesn't even appear in the Robservations. But what happens in the scene is after Patterson and Woodard go on about how Willie is "hopelessly insane" and "deranged," Julia asks, "Then you think Willie is the one responsible?" And after that is when Patterson delivers today's quote.

And I just love how Julia lights up a cigarette in Willie's hospital room like it's a perfectly natural thing to do. Though at least in this ep Willie isn't in an oxygen tent when she does it.  [ghost_rolleyes]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 13, 2020, 04:10:13 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #616 (1968) - Willie - 'I hear them too, and I know what you MUST be goin' through.'

From "Robservations 8/22/02 - #616/617 - Barnabas Flies the Coop; Roger's Terrible Nightmare"
Willie hangs a cross on the cell door. Barnabas stares at him. Willie begs him not to look at him like that--say something, anything! (he was just begging Maggie to talk to him under eerily similar circumstances.) Willie tells Barnabas I hear the dogs, too, and know what you must be going through--I've got to keep you here, safe. "Please, Willie," begs Barnabas, "let me go free. As your master, I cannot command you now, I beg you--I beg you to let me go free." Willie insists he can't. Barnabas begs him again. "Can you ask for more?" Willie assures him I would do it if it would set you free, but I can't. "I beg--I beg," repeats Barnabas, "listen to them howling--but the true howling is in my blood, tearing at my heart. Please, Willie, please." (this is so hard to hear. Frid is just marvelous!) No, repeats Willie.
[/spoiler]

The quote is correct. Unlike what the Robservations indicates, Willie makes no direct reference to "the dogs" - he simply refers to them as "them."

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 14, 2020, 06:42:16 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #1197 (1841) - Judge Vail - 'You MUST refrain from any further demonstrations.'

From "#1197/1198: Robservations 12/08/03: The End of 1840/41RT"
Valerie, holding in her arms the covered box containing the head of Judah Zachary, races in at this very moment.  "Stop, you're killing the wrong man!"  she declares.  Valerie! cries Barnabas.  Let's get on with the execution, insists Trask immediately.  "No!" cries Valerie, "Quentin and Desmond are innocent--there is the man who is guilty--Gerard Stiles!"  Stop him! someone yells; a guard restrains Gerard.  I beg you to listen to me! cries Valerie.  I will listen to you, Judge Vail assures her--everyone stay right where they are until this matter is explained
--and Mr. Stiles, he adds, you must refrain from any further demonstrations.  Valerie places the head on a nearby flat surface and pulls off the cover.  "She's insane, Your Honor!" insists Gerard.  That is for me to decide, says the Judge--you have made a serious charge against this young man.  And I can prove it, your honor, says Valerie.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 15, 2020, 03:20:29 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #364 (1967) - Barnabas - 'The wicked are punished, so you MUST be good.'

From '#0363/0364: Robservations 02/20/02: ". . .So You Must Be Good"'
"Sarah, my little Sarah," croons Barnabas, "you have come back to me!" He asks he why she didn't come to him sooner. Julia, recuperating from Barnabas' throttling, lifts herself painfully from the floor and into a chair by the fireplace. "You're back with me now, and you're going to stay with me, aren't you?" Barnabas hopefully asks his little sister--"we're going to be all right, and everything will be just fine, won't it?" He approaches his sister, who takes a step away from him. What's wrong? Asks Barnabas. Sarah informs him that she's very, very angry with him for hurting people. "Only when it was necessary," Barnabas responds. That isn't true, says Sarah, and both of them know it. It's over and done with, Barnabas assures her, and everything will be fine as long as you're with me. "No," replies Sarah, "you're not through doing bad things. She reminds him of a rhyme he taught her: "That wicked is wicked is well understood, the wicked are punished, so you must be good."
You must be good, she tells him, or you will be punished. Barnabas implores her to stay, but she firmly tells him that she is going and will never come back--that will be his punishment! As she begins to fade from his sight, she says, "I know there is good and there is evil because I learned it from you--but you've forgotten it, Barnabas, and you have to learn is all over again--I'll never come back until you do. . .goodbye, Barnabas." "Please don't leave me!" begs Barnabas, covering his face with his hands--"I forbid you to leave--I beg you to stay, Sarah!" He begins to cry behind his hands.
[/spoiler]

I would have quoted the entire rhyme, however, unlike what the Robservations indicates, it's not delivered in the ep without interruption because when Barnabas hesitates, Sarah jumps in and says the word "wicked," which Barnabas then repeats. Also, the rhyme does not start out as "That wicked is wicked is well understood" - it's actually "That evil is wicked is well understood".

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 16, 2020, 01:20:00 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #776 (1897) - Gregory - 'I need Your help, oh Lord. Together, we MUST help this poor, afflicted woman possessed by an evil spirit of darkness. With Your help, we shall drive the demon back into hell from whenst it came.'

From "Robservations #776-777 - 1/22/03 - Sad Demise"
Give me the gun, Judith, Edward asks.  She does, docilely.  He tells Trask it's her own gun, brought back from France by Grandmother. He examines it--three shots have been fired.  He asks Judith again what happened.  Trask feels she can't tell him anything at the moment.  Where has she been? asks Edward.  Judith repeats, "It has to be done."  Desperate for more information, Edward presses her, pointing out that they can't help her if she doesn't help them, but she is not forthcoming.  I did as he told me to do, says Judith.  The vampire, states Trask.  What did he tell you to do, who is he? demands Edward.  I'm very tired, Judith says--I want to go inside and sit down--there's nothing pressing that needs my immediate attention.
Edward asks Trask, is Judith completely mad?  Not mad--possessed! says Trask--by a will much stronger than her own.  Edward asks, what should we do?  Trask advises Edward to take her up to bed--sometimes sleep separates the real from the unreal, strengthen the mind.  Edward wonders about the three missing bullets.  That will come out in time, says Trask, but right now, I want to thank the powers that be for sending Judith back to us, then seek divine guidance against the evil spirit possessing her and plaguing this house--I've been successful with the higher powers in the past.  I hope your success continues, says Edward--Judith needs it desperately.  Edward takes Judith's arm and gently suggests she get some sleep.  Yes, I must sleep, agrees Judith.   Edward helps her upstairs.  Trask closes the double doors and kneels, hands in a praying posture.  He asks for the Lord's help; together, we must help this poor, afflicted woman possessed by an evil spirit of darkness.  With Your help, we shall drive the demon back to hell from whenst it came.
[/spoiler]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 17, 2020, 03:09:38 PM »
Nice shot of Joel as Joe today. Joel was such a lovely man. It was really sweet of the Doctor and K9 to post an audio recording of Joe at the circa 1983 ShadowCon last year.

Thanks MB!

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 17, 2020, 08:04:10 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #465 (1968) - Joe - 'Someone MUST have lost it in the old courthouse - and the most likely person to have lost it would be you.'

From "#0465/0466: Robservations 05/01/02: Elopement, Interrupted; Mad Doc"
Vicki answers a knock at the door--it's Joe. She calls him Joe Haskell, confusing him. He came to see her, he says, which makes Vicki nervous. He senses something is wrong--she seems odd. He returns to her charm bracelet Maggie gave her for her birthday. You found it in the old Collinsport courthouse, says Vicki. He's surprised she knows, but she explains that's where she last saw it--at her trial. This further perplexed Joe. It was brought there by Mr. Trask, used it as evidence against her, she adds. Joe says there hasn't been a trial in the old courthouse for over 50 years. I know, says Vicki. I went there to get old fixtures out of the condemned building, he says--he'd think her crazy if she told him she'd been there. It's falling apart, he protests, but she says it wasn't falling apart when she saw it--this might prove she WAS there, but on the other hand, someone could have stolen it from her and dropped it in the courthouse.
Vicki isn't making sense to Joe, and he asks again what happened to her. Something strange and terrifying happened the other night, she says. He feels she must have lost it in the courthouse herself. She agrees. I was there, she tells Joe, but not recently--I was there a long, long time ago.
[/spoiler]

Obviously the Robservations paraphrases today's quote - though at least it does use the word "must." I came across the quote quite by accident while looking for something else that turned out not to be part of the ep. And, again, such a quote from Joel is a major find because his characters say "must" so infrequently...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 18, 2020, 05:36:28 PM »
Nice shot of Joel as Joe today.

Yes, I thought that screen capture came out well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 18, 2020, 05:42:14 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #11 (1966) - Burke - 'He MUST have been quite a man.'

From "#0011/0012: Robservations 05/24/01: Carolyn Brings Home a Friend"
They return to the drawing room. Burke tells her he's been admiring the paintings; pointing to the one over the fireplace, he asks if that one is Jeremiah. Yes, says Liz. He must have been quite a man--to build this house, says Burke.
[/spoiler]