Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 115873 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #255 on: August 03, 2020, 06:56:35 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #931 (1970) - Amanda - 'No, he'll never say he loves me! Oh, he MUST! Or else...'

From "Robs 5/8/03 - #930-931 - Lung Brat Plays With Paul; Grant Sees Q's Portrait"
Julia enters.  I've been waiting and waiting, complains Amanda. "Wait just a moment," says Julia. Please, begs Amanda, Mr. Best is here in Collinsport--I saw him in the hotel lobby, simply looking at his watch and smiling at me--tonight he'll come for me, I only have two hours left!  Go back to the hotel, Julia orders, stay with Grant, do everything you can to help him remember! He'll never say he loves me, laments Amanda--he must, or else...¦when there's a knock at the door, I'll answer it and Mr. Best will be there--and this time he'll give me no more time. Two hours! says Julia, heading for the phone--Professor Osmond said Quentin's portrait would be ready at 3--we will have to see it before then--go back to the hotel and stay with Grant, says Julia, I will call you--"Amanda, you must keep trying."
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 04, 2020, 01:30:09 PM »
Today's capture really is too priceless. I love all of Grayson's scenes with Donna. The interaction between them is always fun.

I love how their expressions in the capture play off of each other:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 04, 2020, 01:40:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding today's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #176 (1967) - Laura - 'You MUSTN'T count every single word I say.'

From "#0176/0177: Robservations 09/24/01: Let's Go Grave Robbing!"
What were you doing? he asks. Staring into the fire and thinking, she says--I must get back to it. OK, he says, I can take a hint--I won't bother you anymore. He goes to the door and opens it. David! she says, wait! She goes to him, closing the door. Don't be mad at me, she says. If you don't want me to come around, I won't, he says, hurt. Of course I want you around! she assures him. It didn't sound like it, he says. I was deep in thought, you startled me, that's all, she says. You said you wanted to be alone, he says resentfully. You mustn't count every single word I say, she says. Then how will I know whether to believe you or not? he asks. (go, David!) You can believe I love you and want you with me, she says, caressing his hair. It didn't sound like it, insists David. Darling, didn't you ever wake up and not realize what you were saying? she asks. Sometimes I've done that, he says. Well, then, there you are, that's exactly what happened to me! she says. But you weren't sleeping, he points out, your eyes were wide open! But there are times when you do sleep when your eyes are open, she says. It doesn't make any sense, he says. I apologize, she says--forgive me? I guess so, he says."
[/spoiler]

(Laura wasn't simply staring into the fire and thinking, she was attacking Dr. Guthrie and David's arrival interrupted her.)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 04, 2020, 06:15:17 PM »
Marvelous shot of Diana and David. I always love a glimpse of our Phoenix! I don't think any other horror show ever had one.

G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 06, 2020, 02:02:41 AM »
Great shot of Michael Stroka as Bruno today! I can't recall from the episode number if that's Alexis or Angelique--most likely the former, I would guess.

Thanks, MB!

Wishing you well, G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 06, 2020, 07:31:30 PM »
Another great shot today. And it's close to the end.

The ultimate curse was looming--cancellation.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 07, 2020, 01:34:01 PM »
Marvelous shot of Diana and David. I always love a glimpse of our Phoenix!

And here it is again for anyone who might have missed it:

I don't think any other horror show ever had one.

The only show that comes to mind is the CW's current show, Legacies - though it has a male Phoenix...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 07, 2020, 01:44:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1039 (1970PT) - Bruno - 'You MUST! You MUST!'

From "#1038/1039: Robservations 07/28/03: The Redhead With the Grand Tetons"
Bruno continues, asking, what did the police say when you brought that curious diary of Cyrus' to them?--two idols destroyed, he laughs mockingly--the eminent Dr. Longworth leaves proof that he falsified Angelique's autopsy to save his friend, the illustrious Quentin Collins--when are the police going to come over and arrest him for her murder? Angelique grins enigmatically.  "You did go to the police, didn't you?" he asks.  I paid you five thousand dollars for the journal, she says, and it's mine to do anything I want with it. He sternly asks, do you want your sister's murderer punished?--the journal says Quentin did it--Cyrus saw the hatpin in the base of her skull... Yes, agrees Angelique, but there's no proof Quentin put it there--Cyrus only assumed that he did--well, they don't hang criminals on supposition--I want more proof before I go to the police--absolute proof. You aren't going to go to the police, are you? he demands angrily. No, she says. "You MUST!--You MUST!" he shouts through gritted teeth, grabbing her by the arms. His face trembles with the force of his insistence.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 07, 2020, 01:54:05 PM »
Great shot of Michael Stroka as Bruno today!

I really liked how that turned out:

I can't recall from the episode number if that's Alexis or Angelique

As you know now, it's Angelique pretending to be Alexis.  [ghost_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 07, 2020, 02:02:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1239 (1841PT) - Brutus' Ghost - 'My curse MUST be fulfilled.'

From "#1238/1239: Robservations 01/14/04: Melanie's Mother; Another Death"
Melanie sleeps.  A wind blows through her room.  Windows open by themselves, billowing the curtains.  There is the sound of tinkling glass.  Melanie awakens and arises from her bed, demanding, "Who are you?"  We hear Brutus' laughter, then the ghost himself appears to Melanie, who screams.
Brutus Collins! she cries, horrified.

Why have you come to me? she asks.  My curse must be fulfilled, he says, advancing on her.  Stay away from me! she begs.  You will help me, he says, you have helped me before, you shall bring suffering upon them.  No! protests Melanie, I don't want to hurt anyone!  You can't escape me! he insists.  Leave me alone, please! she pleads--leave me alone.  I will have my revenge, he vows--and you shall be the instrument of my revenge--Amanda!  I'm not Amanda, she says, I'm Melanie.
[/spoiler]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 07, 2020, 02:06:00 PM »
Another great shot today.

I also really liked how that one turned out:

And it's close to the end.

The ultimate curse was looming--cancellation.

Indeed!  [ghost_sad]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 07, 2020, 02:28:23 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #367 (1795) - Abigail - 'It MUST be crushed, destroyed!'

From "#0367/0368_0369: Robservations 02/22/02: Introducing Angelique"
After Vicki goes back upstairs, Naomi tells Joshua she's glad he made the right decision. Abigail disagrees, and Joshua's pissed at both for eavesdropping. Abigail reminds him of something their mother taught them--when the face of evil presents itself, it must be crushed! Remember that, Abigail warns Joshua-remember it well. Naomi looks upset."
[/spoiler]

The exact quote is missing from the Robservations. After Abigail prompts Joshua for something their mother used to say and he replies with it, she actually repeats how it must be crushed and she adds the part about it being destroyed, But once again this Robservations falls into the period when they've not as detailed as they will be...

And if that is any indication of the things their mother used to say, I strongly suspect Abigail took after her mother.  [ghost_rolleyes]

Actually, my favorite line in this scene is when Joshua accuses, "Can't I have a conversation in this house without all the women hiding in corners listening to every word I say?" It paints quite an amusing picture.  [ghost_grin]

And BTW, for those who may not know, when this ep was shown in '80s syndication it was a kinescope. The color Master Tape wasn't issued until Volume 28 of the MPI VHS tapes came out in June of 1991. The Sci-Fi Channel also ran the color version.

I checked my old syndication tapes and unfortunately the day Ep #367 aired I was getting terrible over-the-air reception (it's funny that happened rarely, but it did happen, often when an ep I was really looking forward to watching aired.  [ghost_rolleyes])  And it didn't help that some kinescopes weren't the clearest to begin with. But the point here is to show that it really was a kinescope:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 08, 2020, 01:16:01 PM »

[spoiler]Today's quote:
Ep #93 (1966) - Liz - 'You MUSTN'T jump to conclusions.'

From "#0093/0094: Robservations 07/26/01: Heartache for Maggie; Hope For Vicki"
Carolyn calls the Collinsport Inn, asking for Burke--oh, is he still in Bangor? she asks--did he say when he would be back? She twists the phone wire around her fingers--no, no message. Furious, she punches the sofa. Liz comes in and tells her David's calmed down. I'm NOT! says Carolyn angrily. She stands before the fireplace. Liz asks what's the matter. I just called the Inn to see if Burke was back, says Carolyn. I thought you said it didn't make any difference to you what he did, says Liz. I wasn't calling because of him, says Carolyn, I wanted to see what she was up to--you notice she's not back yet, either. She said she'd be gone a couple of days, says Liz, that shouldn't be any surprise to you. Oh it isn't, says Carolyn, nothing she did would be a surprise to me now! You mustn't jump to conclusions, says Liz. What other conclusion can you possibly draw? demands Carolyn. Burke does have business in Bangor, says Liz. So does Vicki, tattles Carolyn--she made me promise not to tell--but then I didn't know she was going to get so chummy with Burke! (Bitch!) You'd better tell me what you know, advises Liz. She went to see Mr. Garner, reveals Carolyn.
[/spoiler]

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 10, 2020, 02:57:22 AM »
Beautiful shot today of Chris Pennock as Gabriel Collins--reportedly his favorite role on the series (from old interviews I recall reading).

Let's hope we have good news of Chris's health soon.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 10, 2020, 06:36:08 PM »
If I do say so myself, I love this screen capture from back on Saturday:

Carolyn looks likes something is happening to her that is a lot more interesting than merely jumping to conclusions over what Vicki might be up to in Bangor - and Liz looks like she might be telling Carolyn not to do so out in the open in the drawing room!!  [lghy]  [naughty]

If there isn't already something similar to it on the game boards, a copy of that capture is definitely going to be added to them once we get to Ep #93...