Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118635 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1710 on: September 17, 2023, 03:50:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #394 (1795) - Jeremiah's Ghost - 'You cannot open the door. It is locked. You MUST stay here until I have finished with you.'

From "#0393/0394: Robservations 03/12/02: Jeremiah Plays Hide 'n' Go Seek"
Barnabas sits down, looking exhausted and discouraged. To his horror, Jeremiah's ghost appears to him and warns him that he, his murderer, had better not marry Josette, or he will haunt them for the rest of their lives! Barnabas tries to assure the apparition that he's marrying Angelique, but Jeremiah knows Barnabas still covets Josette, and he'd better remember his warning. . .

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. But it comes up right after Barnabas sees Jeremiah's Ghost and turns to try to leave the room, all of which happens before Jeremiah's Ghost issues his warning...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: September 18, 2023, 03:28:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #501 (1968) - Barnabas - 'I MUST. I suppose I've known this all along, but I just couldn't face it. He's too dangerous even for me to handle.'

From "Robservations 5/30/02 - #501/502 - Tiny Blonde and the Big Guy"
Barnabas searches, meeting up with Julia. You shouldn't be here, he says, you can't stop me. He can't think in this situation. When he gets Adam back, what will he do? Stronger chain? Another helper? Let him disappear, begs Julia. Rain pours down as Adam hears their voices. Barnabas wants Julia to go back to the house--I must find and kill Adam--I've known it all along but couldn't face it--Adam is too dangerous, and I worry what will happen to the creation if anything happens to me

The Robservations doesn't quote the lines directly but does reference the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: September 19, 2023, 09:40:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #744 (1897) - Judith - 'He's gone. He's going to be gone for a long time. Now, you MUST come back to your room with me.'

From "Robservations 12/18/02 - #744-745 - Barnabas & Jenny"
Judith enters the drawing room, looking around to see who is there, but sees no one.  Then she hears a wild giggle.  It's Jenny, looking for Quentin.  Judith tells her Quentin is far away.  Jenny accuses her of lying.  I'm not, insists Judith.
Yes, you are, and Laura lied to me, too.  That's all right, says Judith.  I know Quentin is at the Old House, says Jenny, and that's where I'm going.  Quentin will be gone for a long time, says Judith, and you must go back to your room.  No, says Jenny, raising the knife.  Judith, horrified, orders her to put it down.  "Put my knife down?" says Jenny.  Before you hurt herself, cautions Judith.  I'M not the one who will be hurt, says Jenny--not anymore.  She approaches Judith with the knife, backing her towards the wall.  Judith doesn't notice when Jenny grabs a candlestick holder; the redhead hits the brunette over the head, knocking her unconscious on the floor.

Again, the Robservations doesn't quote the lines directly but does reference the quote well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Barnabas - 'Jenny, I MUST go now, but I want you to stay in this room') was back on January 31st of 2022, and the second (Barnabas - 'As soon as he can. And you MUST be ready for him') was back on September 7th.

Funny how Judith tells Jenny that Quentin is going to be gone for a long time, but Barnabas tells her that Quentin is coming to see her as soon as he can. No wonder Jenny wants to believe Barnabas...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: September 20, 2023, 03:50:20 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #907 (1969) - Julia - 'Now what- what story was it that you could not tell the police? And if you know the answer to why Barnabas is behaving in this peculiar fashion, you MUST tell me.'

From "Robservations 4/24/03 - 907-908 - Weaving a Web Around Paul; Return of Roger"
Collinwood - I want something from you, Julia tells Paul. You're the only one in this house who does, says Paul ruefully. Perhaps you are disturbed without reason, she says, but I think there is one--what story was it that you couldn't tell the police
--if you know why Barnabas is acting in this bizarre manner, you must tell me!  You don't waste time, notes Paul--you come right to the point. I hope you will, too, she says.  You are the answer, says Paul, when I think of what a terrible judge of character I am...I thought you were...anyway, this Barnabas, he's connected with some group, an organization, and they are going to...  Paul looks up to see Barnabas has entered the room.

The Robservations paraphrases a bit but references the quote quite well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first ('Grant' - 'Surely someone here MUST have known me') was back on April 21st of 2021, and the second (Liz - 'Something MUST be done. Bringing him here was not the answer. He's been talking, someone will listen, believe him. Something MUST be done') was back on June 9th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: September 21, 2023, 05:16:08 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1003 (1970PT) - Angelexix - 'Quentin, my dear, I was here all the time. Well, you MUST admit the strain you've been under.'

From "#1002/1003: Robservations 06/30/03: Cold Violence"
He opens the doors. Angelique is there; he's stunned that the room has been restored. What is it? she asks--nothing's changed... What do you mean? he demands. You look as if I've completely rearranged the furniture, she says. He describes what happened before--I saw Daniel and Amy, wearing clothes I'd never seen before, discussing Barnabas
--then I heard them again, but this time saw them in the hall--and I wasn't hallucinating! My dear Quentin, she says, I was here all the time, you must admit the strain you've been under. I don't like to admit I'm the kind of man who strain could affect, says Quentin--at least not that much--so many strange things have been happening around here. Yes, I know, she says meaningfully.

The Robservations does a bit of rearranging of words but references the quote quite well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Angelexis - 'You will feel cold, but you MUST NOT struggle to look away. You can't now, Fred. You can't. Kiss me. Kiss me') was back on March 9th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: September 23, 2023, 02:50:46 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1128 (1840) - Gerard - 'Nevertheless, I feel very strongly that a woman MUST stay true to her first love.'

From "#1127/1128: Robservations 09/30/03: The Chosen One"
Sam tells Gerard this has been the most painful and difficult decision she's ever had to make.  I'm quite aware of that fact, he says, I don't envy the choice you have to make.  She says she believes he knew from the beginning, didn't he?  Yes, he says reluctantly.  She says he knew, as she did--it was only a matter of facing up to the realities of the situation.
Well it's done and you mustn't regret what you've done, he says, assuming he is not the Chosen One--we've actually know each other for such a little time.  I feel as if I've known you all my life, she says passionately.  Nevertheless, he says, I feel strongly that a woman must stay true to her first love.  Sam believes that, too--"That's why I've chosen you, Gerard!"  You've chosen me? he asks, genuinely surprised.  You thought I'd decided on Quentin, she realizes.  Yes, he admits, I did.  And you were ready to bow gracefully out of my life? she asks.  Yes, I was expecting the worst, he says.  Oh, darling, she says, hugging him, I could never have sent you away, you are my own love and my first love.  He looks sick.

The Robservations references the quote almost perfectly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Samantha - 'I MUST be with the man I love') was back on November 11th of 2020, and the second (Gerard - 'Well, it's done...and you MUSTN'T regret what you've done') was back on April 17th of 2022.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: September 23, 2023, 08:38:04 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #66 (1966) - Vicki - 'I suppose it MUST have.'

From "#0065/0066: Robservations 07/03/01: Showdown!"
What is it you want me to tell him? asks Vicki. The truth, of course, says Roger--that I left the house at 10 of 11. I don't know when you left, says Vicki, I didn't see you go. That's a pity, says Roger, still, if we did discuss your dinner engagement until 10:45, surely you believe it took me at least five minutes to get my business papers together. I suppose it must have, says Vicki.
That's all I want you to tell Burke, says Roger. Very well, she says. Roger stands, smiling.

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this quote sets another bigger again because it's the fourth time a sixth quote from the same ep has appeared in the slideshow, joining Eps #449, #727 & #993!! The first (Roger - 'Well, if you MUST know, she was going to TELL me about a dinner party she had with Sam Evans') was back on June 22nd of 2020, the second (Burke - 'You MUST imagine that since I've already served my five years, come out of it with my health, made a lot of money since then, I really have no cause for complaint, right?') was back on April 16th of 2021, the third (Liz - 'Then you MUST have a pretty complete record of everything that's happened to you') was back on September 1st of 2021, the fourth (Vicki - 'I suppose you MUST think it's very strange that when a child is surrounded by so many other children, she's lonely enough to write herself letters') was back on June 14th, and the fifth (Roger - 'I MUST say, Burke, I've been completely wrong about you.') was back on September 13th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: September 24, 2023, 04:24:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #746 (1897[-1967]) - Magda - 'She MUST have opened that door. It could only have been her.'

From "Robservations 12/19/02 - #746/747 - Lovers Caught By a Crazed Wife"
She starts to go upstairs, but notices the basement door ajar.  She heads down there, but Jenny is no where to be seen.  She must have opened the door, muses Magda.  Did she see the coffin, open it?  Is he all right?  She herself opens the coffin. Barnabas is asleep, unharmed.  Hearing Jenny crying, Magda closes the coffin.  She finds her sister huddled against a wall, sobbing for Quentin.

The Robservations references part of the quote well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Magda - 'You MUST release Sandor from whatever spell you have him under.') was back on July 7th of 2020.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: September 25, 2023, 06:34:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #395 (1795) - Naomi - 'Will you come into the drawing room? There's something we MUST talk over before you leave.'

From "#0395/0396: Robservations 03/13/02: The Bride Wore A Filthy White Gown"
Foyer - Naomi stops Barnabas and Angelique as they are leaving. Barnabas fears repercussions should Joshua find them still there, but Naomi invites them into the drawing room and gives them with the Old House, which she owns, as a wedding gift. Barnabas, moved, wants to refuse; Angelique is clearly thrilled. Oh, Joshua will rage and rant, says Naomi, but she's used to that. Barnabas is all set to refuse, but she asks him to accept the house as a favor to her. Joshua will come to his senses, regret what he's done, and seek Barnabas' forgiveness; she doesn't want Barnabas to be far away and unreachable when that happens, or it will kill Joshua. Barnabas accepts, agreeing to stay on as master of the Old House, for his mother's sake.

The Robservations doesn't reference the actual quote but does reference the circumstances in which it take place...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: September 27, 2023, 12:10:00 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #502 (1968) - Tony - 'He MUST know one.'

From "Robservations 5/30/02 - #501/502 - Tiny Blonde and the Big Guy"
Tony, upset about Carolyn's kidnapping, appears at Collinwood and offers Liz his help. The cops have been there and gone, and are out searching. She wonders where the man took Carolyn. Tony asks about him. He's a mute giant, says Liz, not from another country, but. . .she says he's just some monster from. . .well, she doesn't know. He's not human, she says.

For some reason the Robservations doesn't reference the quote at all. However, it comes up as Liz is telling Tony about Adam and theorizes that it doesn't seem as if Adam knows any language, and to that remark Tony delivers the quote...

And speaking of Tony, it's quite nice that Midnite was able to find a second quote from him because all he's had so far was the one we used for February 23rd of this year...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: September 27, 2023, 10:02:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #746 (1897) - Judith - 'She would kill us all. I'm afraid we MUST face the public scandal. She MUST be sent to an institution this night.'

I am ashamed you arrived a short time knowing nothing about us, says Judith--now you know the worst.  I'm not here to make judgments, but to help, he assures her.  Why did you keep her here, she asks, instead of sending her back to us?  I didn't know the story, he says, I was trying to decide what to do when I was called away--I'm very concerned for this poor, unhappy woman and her children.  There are no children, Judith hastily tells him.  She talks of them, says Barn.  She's mad, says Judith.  It isn't what you and Edward are going to do, says Barnabas, but what JENNY is going to do.  She would kill us all, says Judith, we will have to face a public scandal and send her to an institution this night.

The Robservations paraphrases but references the quote well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Magda - 'You MUST release Sandor from whatever spell you have him under') was back on July 7th of 2020, and the second (Magda - 'She MUST have opened that door. It could only have been her') was back on September 22nd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: September 28, 2023, 04:06:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #909 (1969) - 'Grant' - 'I'm waiting to leave. I-I MUST go away from here. I MUST go right now.'

From "Robservations 4/25/03 - 909-910 - Grant Goes With Olivia; Music For Q's Memory?"
Hospital - Grant sits in a chair near the window. Julia closes the blinds, holds up her medallion, and says, keep looking at it until I snap my fingers. She twirls it, urging--look at it deeply, deeper and deeper, until you see the center of the stone. I can see it, he says.  Look for another center, orders Julia, and another--can you see it?  Yes, he answers, I can see beyond what I saw before. Deeper and deeper, to the center of the stone, she whispers. He stares. As far as you can go, she encourages. I can go no further, he says.  Look inside yourself, she says--who are you?  "I am...I...am..."  he falters.  What's the matter? Asks Julia.  I don't know, he says. "Who are you?" she asks again. His face twists; he utters a sound between a scream and a sob: "I DON'T KNOW!" I am waiting, says Julia severely. So am I, says Grant. Why are you waiting? She asks. I'm waiting to leave, I must go away from here, right now...  No, says, pushing him back in the chair, you cannot go. I must, insists Grant. Why? she asks--did you do something wrong? "I must leave here, I must," says Grant. Why?--try to remember why you must leave, says Julia.  Because of HIM, says Grant. Who is he? she asks--who are you? I can't answer that, he says desperately, licking his lips.

The Robservations reworks things a bit but references the quote well...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: September 30, 2023, 02:16:02 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #1204 (1841PT[-1967]) - Melanie - 'Stella, why did she put you in here? You MUST tell me. You MUST.'

From "#1203/1204: Robservations 12/11/03: Naive Fiancee"
Melanie, says Julia, there is no one in that room.  I can't stand anymore secrets, says Melanie, and rushes to open the door.  Stella sits in a chair, bound and gagged.
Melanie runs to her and removes the gag--Julia, why are you keeping her here? asks Melanie.  That's no concern of yours, insists Julia.  Melanie, help me! begs Stella.  Why did she put you in here, Stella? demands Melanie.  Mr. Justin Collins, answers Stella.  Papa had nothing to do with it, I know that, says Melanie.  But he did, says Julia.

Again, the Robservations reworks things a bit but references the quote well - though shamefully no references to using "MUST" twice...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: October 01, 2023, 04:24:00 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #503 (1968) - Julia - 'Willie, I know the memory of the dream is frightening, but you MUST tell me.'

From "Robservations 6/3/02 - Everyone Frets Over Carolyn - #503/504"
Willie tells Julia his dream, biting his knuckles, his face contorted with horror. The last door held a snarling dog, and it would have ripped him to pieces.

The Robservations doesn't even reference the quote at all. However, the quote comes up after Willie explains that he came to the last door and before he explains that behind the door there was something like a snarling dog but worse...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Julia - 'Willie, I know why you want to find her-- you want to tell her the dream, but you MUSTN'T') was back on July 25th of 2020, the second (Carolyn - 'You MUST protect me-- you MUST take me back to Collinwood') was back on April 14th of 2021, and the third (Sheriff Patterson - 'He MUST have had some reason for coming here') was back on December 7th. So that all means that Ep #503 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #66, #106, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #365, #367, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #466, #479, #481, #543, #544, #550, #608, #609, #629, #639, #643, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #734, #742, #743, #883, #886, #889, #915, #976, #977, #993, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1125, #1126, #1197 and #1199. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #66, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384. #449, #466, #609, #629, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes, but Eps #66, #449, #727 & #993 have six quotes.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: October 02, 2023, 02:50:46 PM »

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #747 (1897) - Judith - 'What if she's left the estate? What if she's in the village? We MUST find her. We MUST.'

Quentin listens to his music, the throttling rope gripped in his hands.  The music grinds to a stop, the clock chimes.  Quentin starts it over again.  It hasn't worked, notes Barnabas.  Are you giving up? asks Quentin.  It's been over half an hour, Barn points out.  Q tucks the rope into his pocket and asks, are you tired of listening to the music?  "Frankly, yes," says Barn, smirking.  It soothes me, says Quentin.  Barn figures Jenny isn't in the house.  Judith and Beth hurry in.  Has she left the house? Asks Beth  Is she gone? asks Judith.  Where? wonders Beth.  Barnabas asks about Laura.  Judith suggests, Barnabas and I will look in the cottage.  Judith orders Quentin and Beth to check the West Wing again.  Judith fears Jenny has left the estate, gone to the village, and tells Barnabas, we must find her!

The Robservations paraphrases a bit but references the quote well...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Quentin - 'Have you all put her in some new place? You MUST be running out of hiding places for my wife') was back on July 7th of 2021.