Author Topic: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow  (Read 118792 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone In Collinsport's Favorite Word Slideshow
« Reply #1650 on: July 31, 2023, 06:20:14 PM »
I'm making this as a separate post because it really isn't related to the ep itself, but when I was getting the screen capture for the quote -

- I noticed how Flora was dressed and I loved how they'd put multicolored feathers in her hair -

- so I had to get a screen capture that showed that off. I'm sure Joan Bennett must have really loved getting to play 1840's Flora when she got to dress so differently from any of her other characters, not to mention to be just a bit flighty...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: July 31, 2023, 08:32:44 PM »
Joan's performance is on a par with Billie Burke and Gracie Allen.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: August 01, 2023, 01:14:18 PM »
I found it startling but in a good way. I theorized that this was Joan's everyday voice but as I recall, a well-respected friend shot that theory down. I'm not sure I ever got used to the change. Flora's fashions were striking.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: August 01, 2023, 02:50:28 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #1202 (1841PT[-1967]) - Quentin - 'Her carriage is still by the front gate. Then that MUST mean she's still on the estate.'

From "#1201/1202: Robservations 12/10/03: Impassioned Lovers"
Morgan, frantic, enters--I'm right, he says--something has happened to Catherine--she hasn't returned home yet, and her carriage is still parked out by the gate!

If the carriage is still there, Catherine must still be on the estate, says Quentin.  That's right, agrees Morgan.  Oh no, says Quentin--Mother said they ran into Bramwell outside--she told him about the wedding tonight, and he was very upset.  Morgan races away, Quentin calling after him.  Morgan returns with a pistol.

The Robservations paraphrases the quote...

And what "(1841PT[-1967])" means is that what really should have been featured is a quote from 1967's Blackmailing Liz-Introducing Barnabas-Kidnapping Maggie-Introducing Julia storyline but a quote from 1841PT was substituted to help to stretch out the 1967 quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: August 02, 2023, 02:28:50 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #499 (1968) - Cassandra - 'I have not been able to hear you. I MUST find you and get to you. Oh try and speak to me. Try. Try.'

From "Robservations 5/29/02 #499/500 - Sam Caught in the Middle"
A hooded figure waits in the gazebo, calling to someone, begging that person "to try." Sam pauses in his work at a little after midnight, sipping some coffee. He hears sobbing emanating from the portrait.

The Robservations doesn't reference the quote though it does reference the circumstances under which it comes up. However, I don't believe she's calling to a person. The way things are shot in the teaser and the way in which Tony eventually shows up in Act I, it seems more like she's trying to contact her portrait...

And I love how the "hooded figure" is shot, just giving a fleeting hint of the figure's chin:

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: August 03, 2023, 03:24:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #743 (1897) - Barnabas - 'It MUST have been very strange indeed.'

From "Robservations 12/17/02 - #742-743 - Laura Sends Jenny After Q"
Quentin is ready to leave, but Barnabas thinks they can help each other for once--I'll answer your questions if you answer mine--unless you're afraid to tell me about Laura Collins.
Quentin isn't afraid--but I would like to know why you are so interested--and what were you doing when I came in?  Barn counters with his own question--why did you lie to me about being in Alexandria, when you know darn well you and Laura spent lots of time there?  All right, it's true, so what? says Q.  I want to know what happened there that made you permanent enemies, says Barn, and so anxious to get rid of her?  Quentin sits.  I'm not afraid to talk about it, he assures his cousin, but more afraid you won't believe me.  It must have been very strange, says Barn, sitting across from him.

The Robservations references nearly the entire quote...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Jenny - 'You MUST be very solemn and respectful of the dead') was back on December 1st of 2020, the second (Laura - 'Quentin and Barnabas. I've been expecting them. Oh, they MUST be very anxious over the state of my health') was back on May 16th of 2021, and the third (Laura - 'Just as soon as I prepare her for what she MUST do') was back on April 7th. So that all means that Ep #743 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #66, #106, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #365, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #466, #479, #481, #543, #544, #550, #609, #629, #639, #643, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #734, #742, #883, #886, #915, #977, #993, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1125, #1126, #1197 and #1199. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384. #449, #466, #609, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes, but Eps #449, #727 & #993 have six quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: August 04, 2023, 03:38:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #499 (1968) - Carolyn - 'I MUST say, I didn't expect to find anything quite so tacky as this.'

From "Robservations 5/29/02 #499/500 - Sam Caught in the Middle"
Cassandra covers her face in the hood and Carolyn asks if one of them isn't going to say something in his/her own defense. Tony assures her this isn't what she thinks. She says he doesn't sound convincing--what's going on? asks Carolyn. Tony says Cassandra needed help in a legal matter. To be discussed in a tender, romantic atmosphere? asks Carolyn--she happened to wander out here because she saw his car pull in the driveway--she thought he was coming to see her! She saw him get out of his car and go to the garden, so the followed him, and didn't expect to find anything so tacky as this. Tony turns to Cassandra. Please tell her she's wrong, he insists. Speak up, Carolyn urges Cassandra. Cassandra says it wouldn't do any good--Carolyn has already passed judgment on them. No, I've only had to come to a conclusion, says Carolyn--the one who will have to pass judgment is Uncle Roger. This upsets Cassandra, who has far more pressing matters to contend with. You remember him--your husband, says Carolyn. That would be a mistake, says Cass

The Robservations references the quote well but shamefully doesn't include the "MUST" part...

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Cassandra - 'I have not been able to hear you. I MUST find you and get to you. Oh try and speak to me. Try. Try') was back on July 29th.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: August 05, 2023, 04:36:16 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #41 (1966) - Vicki - 'Of course, that MUST be it.'

From "#0041/0042: Robservations 06/15/01: Sam's Torment"
Liz laces her hands and said she'd hoped to hear from Carolyn. Vicki brightly reveals that Carolyn called her earlier and said she would be out and possibly not home for dinner. Liz wishes she could have spoken to her herself, but Vicki says Carolyn didn't want to disturb her, she just told Vicki to tell her mother that. Liz wonders (hopes) if Carolyn has a date with Joe. Vicki agrees that of course, that must be it. Vicki gushes over what a nice boy Joe seems to be, and Liz smiles and agrees. Liz speculates that Carolyn might be looking, instead, for a very clever man. Vicki assures Liz that if she's worried about Carolyn being serious about Burke Devlin, she's not; Carolyn hardly knows him. Perhaps that's what intrigues her, Liz frets, and explains that she's sure Carolyn had planned to meet Burke this afternoon, but Roger was fortunately able to stop her. Pronounces Vicki, "If Carolyn planned to meet him, I don't think anyone could stop her!"

The Robservations references the quote perfectly...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Roger - 'Well, if you MUST know, I spent it. But I had fun with my money, Liz. I enjoyed it. Can you say the same?') was back on February 13th of 2022, and the second (Roger - 'Well, if you MUST know, I had a perfectly valid reason for being home-- I prevented your daughter from meeting Burke Devlin'), which is from the same scene, was back on January 1st ([occasion18]). And it would certainly appear that "Well, if you MUST know" was Roger's favorite phrase in the ep!  [easter_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: August 06, 2023, 03:10:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Wednesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Wednesday's quote:
Ep #133 (1966) - Maggie - 'Now, you MUST have been aware of all my questions.'

From "#(0131_)0132/0133: Robservations 08/21/01: Burke and Laura"
he asked me to find out--now you must have been aware of all my questions. I was, says Laura, but I understand. Your arrival in this town has caused a lot of interest--Burke Devlin was in here a little while ago and he was looking for you. Oh, she says, not happy."

And this is the fifth quote from this ep. The first (Laura - 'I MUST solve my own problems first. Then and only then will I be able to, to uh, deal with the other practical realities') was back on December 3rd of 2020, the second (Burke - 'A woman. She's living here at the Inn, so she MUST have come in here') was back on November 2nd, the third (Maggie - 'When a man says that about woman, she MUST have meant an awful lot') was back on December 25th ([ChristmaS15]), and the fourth ( Maggie - 'This may be hard to believe, but he MUST have been a little shy') was back on February 24th.

And this ep now shares the [milestone] of a fifth quote with Eps #42, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384, #449, #466, #609, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057 & #1111. However, recall that there's an even bigger because Eps #449, #727 & #993 have six quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: August 07, 2023, 02:46:14 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Thursday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Thursday's quote:
Ep #1227 (1841PT[-1967]) - Kendrick - 'But now I realize we MUST work together and break down this door!--and let truth in.'

From "#1226/1227: Robservations 12/30/03: Gabriel, Insane"
7:30 - The clock strikes the half hour.  Kendrick knocks at the drawing room doors.  When Flora answers, he says, I'm glad to see you at home.  You're wasting your time, says Flora, I have nothing to tell you.  You're only one of the reasons I'm here tonight, he says--I've come to take Melanie out for the evening.  You've come to what? demands Flora.  I think you heard me the first time, he says.  Impossible, says Flora--Melanie can't go anywhere with anybody.  I'm not anybody, says Kendrick, I happens to love her very much--and I intend to help her--I would never harm Melanie.  The harm has already been done, she says coldly.  What does that mean? he asks.  I think you'd best forget it, she says.  What harm are you talking about? he asks--I want to know if it affects Melanie.  Melanie isn't a normal girl, Flora reminds him--you've seen that for yourself, only my family can take care of her.  The great Collins family, he mocks, that's why she runs frightened to her room every time because that's all she's ever seen.  Whatever problems we have, she says sternly, we prefer to deal with ourselves.  How can you deal with your troubles? he asks--you're building them on a wall of lies!--the truth has been missing from this house for so long, you can't recognize it--let me help you--perhaps we were enemies at one time, before I fell in love with Melanie, but now I realize we must work together and break down this door!--and let truth in--who killed my sister?--you know who she was acquainted with--who had reason to kill her? I assure you, says Flora, we know of no one who had reason to kill Stella.  Perhaps there was no reason--perhaps it was a mindless, senseless act after all! suggests Kendrick.  Gabriel did not do it, says Flora.  Someone did--who?--who? demands Kendrick.  I don't know, says Flora.  First tell me where it happened, says Kendrick, and how!  I can't tell you anything! says Flora.
From the doorway, Melanie calls, "Mama--you had better tell him--I tried, but I couldn't--so you tell him--please!"

And what "(1841PT[-1967])" means is that what really should have been featured is a quote from 1967's Blackmailing Liz-Introducing Barnabas-Kidnapping Maggie-Introducing Julia storyline but a quote from 1841PT was substituted to help to stretch out the 1967 quotes...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: August 08, 2023, 03:38:06 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Friday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Friday's quote:
Ep #623 (1796) - Mr. Prescott - 'She asked the hangman to put a mask over her head. After the execution, they took the mask off and it wasn't her! It was some young lady that we'd never seen before. Nobody knows how or why it happened but it convinced us all that she MUST have been a witch.'

From "Robservations 8/27/02 - #622/623 - Back to the Past"
The jailer says it's a pity Bradford had to die, with his appeal for pretty women. He tells her that a few short weeks ago, it appeared he might marry another lady, found guilty of witchcraft, and hanged. This surprises Eve. Her name was Gloria Winters, he reveals (Victoria, we all know), but no one knew who she was or where she came from. Victoria Winters died here? asks Eve. They explain how, when she was hanged, she had a mask over her head. When it was removed after the execution, it wasn't her, and no one knows how or why it happened--it convinced them she must have been a witch. So, mutters Eve, she came back here and fell in love with him!

The Robservations paraphrases the quote but gets it quite well...

And I just love how Marie Wallace plays her line after Tom Gorman as Mr. Precott has mistakenly referred to Vicki as Gloria. You can see her mind racing as to whether or not she should also refer to her as Gloria - but of course she decides to correctly refer to her as Victoria.
Maybe Mr. Gorman should have stuck to playing his unspeaking Blue Whale Customer.  [easter_wink] [easter_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: August 10, 2023, 02:06:12 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Saturday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Saturday's quote:
Ep #608 (1968) - Maggie - 'You've just got to get well. You MUST.'

From "Robservations 8/16/02 - #608/609 - Rivals For a Vampire's Affections"
Maggie enters Josette's room and calls to Joe. He seems more himself, but turns his face away. Don't you want to see me? She asks. I don't want you to see me, he replies, despondent. What's happened? she asks miserably--I promised I wouldn't ask, I don't care what you did, you must get well! She moves around to look at him, telling him their lives are so much different than they ever thought or planned

The Robservations compacts and paraphrases the quote...

And this is the fourth quote from this ep. The first (Angelique - 'You MUST COME, Barnabas. You HAVE TO COME. I don't know what to do. You MUST COME to me now. Now. Now. Now. Now') was back on January 25th of 2021, the second (Maggie - 'He's changed so much. But still these things MUST have been in him before') was back on August 14th of 2021, and the third (Angelique - 'Barnabas - wherever you are, Barnabas, I need you. You MUST come to me, Barnabas. You MUST') was back on April 23rd of 2022. (Is anyone else sensing that Angelique really wanted Barnabas to come to her?  [easter_wink] [easter_cheesy]) So that all means that Ep #608 has joined the club with Eps #2, #3, #42, #44, #50, #52, #66, #106, #133, #195, #208, #211, #212, #296, #300, #308, #365, #377, #384, #426, #449, #450, #466, #479, #481, #543, #544, #550, #609, #629, #639, #643, #646, #655, #678, #709, #727, #734, #742, #743, #883, #886, #915, #977, #993, #1057, #1064, #1111, #1125, #1126, #1197 and #1199. However, not only recall that Eps #42, #208, #211, #300, #377, #384. #449, #466, #609, #646, #678, #709, #727, #977, #993, #1057 & #1111 have five quotes, but Eps #449, #727 & #993 have six quotes.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: August 11, 2023, 02:32:22 AM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Sunday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Sunday's quote:
Ep #700 (1969) - Prof. Stokes - 'The child is possessed. She MUST be removed from this house as soon as possible.'

From "Robservations 10/23/02 - Barnabas Thumbs a Time-Trip Via I-Ching #700/701"
Barnabas and Maggie enter Quentin's room. She recognizes it as the room she was in during her dream. Barnabas calls to David, urging him not to be frightened. Maggie hears a door open, then close, followed by footsteps. Barnabas and Maggie stare at each other. Someone's coming! The door opens--it's Stokes, who was searching the West Wing until he heard the sound of pounding. Barnabas explains about taking down the panels. Stokes finds the room fascinating--it appears nothing in it has been disturbed since the Victorian era--except for the spirit of the man who died there. Quentin died here? asks Maggie. Yes, says Stokes, the room was sealed, imprisoning his spirit until the seal was broken. Stokes wonders how she knows the name. Maggie explains she heard David mutter it in his sleep one night. You made a more remarkable discovery, opines Stokes--the room will tell us much. Barnabas says they want to find David. Stokes says he didn't see him while searching the house--he does, however, spot Amy's shoes peeking out from under a curtain, and pulls it aside. She tumbles forward, fainting to the floor. Maggie and Barnabas rush over to her. Barnabas asks her to speak to them. The child is possessed, says Stokes, and must be removed from the house immediately. Maggie leads Amy out.

The Robservations paraphrases the quote but gets the point across well...

And this is the third quote from this ep. The first (Maggie - 'David, you MUST. You have to send Quentin away') was back on August 2nd of 2020, and the second (Maggie - 'David, before we go, there's one more thing you MUST do') was back on August 10th of 2022. Apparently we love to quote from Ep #700 in August - though at least this this time we didn't quote Maggie again.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: August 11, 2023, 02:44:10 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Monday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Monday's quote:
Ep #1225 (1841PT) - Carrie - 'He said he knew she was down here someplace. That MUST be her.'

From "#1224/1225: Robservations 12/29/03: Kendrick Demands Answers"
Basement, cottage - We hear Julia upstairs--I don't see anyone here, she says.  I'm sure I heard someone going down into the basement, says Carrie.  The cellar door is open, agrees Julia.  They go downstairs and find Forsythe lying unconscious on the floor.  Julia kneels and checks him.  Is he dead? asks Carrie.  He's still breathing, says Julia--we've got to find a way to get him back to Collinwood--what could have happened to him down here?  I don't know, says Carrie, but I feel the spirit again, the same angry spirit I felt at Collinwood the other day.  Morgan told me about that, says Julia.  I'm frightened, says Carrie.  I don't think you should stay here tonight, says Julia--stay at Collinwood.  Yes, I think I'd like that, agrees Carrie.  I'll try to revive him, says Julia.  Wind blows through the room.  What's happening? asks Julia.  It's him! says Carrie, the spirit--he doesn't want you to touch him--we've got to get out of here.  They notice the unearthed skeleton of Sarah Forsythe.  Morgan asked me if I felt her spirit in the room, sobs Carrie--he said he knew she was down here someplace, that must be her.  Who is she? asks Julia.  I don't know, says Carrie

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Kendrick - 'Melanie, I know, but I MUST know again just to be sure') was back on September 12th of 2021.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: August 12, 2023, 07:36:34 PM »
If you don't want to know the circumstances surrounding Tuesday's entry in this slideshow, then don't read any further...

[spoiler]Tuesday's quote:
Ep #1182 (1841) - Daphne - 'It's happening again. I want to sleep. I MUST sleep. What is really happening?'

From "#1181/1182: Robservations 11/23/03: Samantha's Astounding Declaration"
Daphne yawns, realizing it's happening again--I want to sleep, I must sleep--what is really happening?  She falls asleep and dreams

And this is the second quote from this ep. The first (Joanna - 'We MUST have many, many talks like this-- long ones') was back on July 27th of 2020.