Author Topic: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Release!!  (Read 349219 times)

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
Re: Depp/Burton DARK SHADOWS Is In Release!!
« Reply #1155 on: August 30, 2012, 09:53:13 PM »
I always thought, even though he's not tall like David Selby is, that Cillian Murphy would be perfect as Quentin.  He's got the icy blue eyes for it, and he can play both charming and psychotic  :)  (I do like Hugh, though)

David

« Reply #1156 on: August 31, 2012, 03:08:26 AM »
Murphy works!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: August 31, 2012, 04:54:09 PM »
Well, DS is still playing in Hooksett, NH. However, apparently something is happening at the theater because none of its films are being shown 4 times a day everyday anymore. For example, today all the first showings for all their films have been dropped (DS is showing at 4:15, 6:50, and 9:25 - there is no 1:40 showing). However, 4 showings do return tomorrow (with DS at all 4 times) - but then Sunday drops the last show of the day, with films showing 3 times or less (DS is still 3 times). And odder still, for Monday-Thursday there are at most 2 showings per film because the first and last have been dropped (DS is still showing for its middle 2). So, I'm wondering if this is some sort of seasonal decision with the proprietors figuring they'll be doing less business now that schools and colleges are reopening? But still, it seems odd to start a new schedule like they have on a holiday weekend. One would think that at least they would have still gone with 4 showings for Friday-Monday - but apparently not. But then, I suppose all that really matters to us is that DS is still playing there.  [ghost_wink]  (As are all the other films that have supposedly already closed.)

112 days 11 hours 54 minutes 9 seconds since the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows has been in release(ET)!!

David

« Reply #1158 on: August 31, 2012, 05:18:42 PM »
Kids are going back to school.  Many small town theaters scale back their schedules Mon-Fri, but are open all day on Sat/Sun/holidays during the school year.
Some theaters drop the Sunday eve late show as Sunday is a "school night".

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: August 31, 2012, 10:00:47 PM »
It might depend upon the local school schedule. Many districts have school on Labor Day. Ours was in session on that "holiday" for many years, even though we have it off this year.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: August 31, 2012, 11:48:26 PM »
I didn't even think about how some parts of the country have already gone back to school. In my area no one usually goes back until the Wednesday after Labor Day.  [ghost_wink]

And, David, I noticed that your most recent post in this topic was the 1972nd post this month. How appropriate.  [ghost_wink]  Were you waiting to time your post that way or was it simply serendipity?  [ghost_grin]

And speaking of time, real life has kept me really busy lately, but I'm hoping that in a few weeks things will calm down to the point where I can get back to posting screen caps and video of the DS TV Spots and cast interviews. There's a ton of stuff I've yet to get to...

112 days 18 hours 48 minutes 26 seconds since the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows has been in release(ET)!!

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: September 01, 2012, 06:31:48 AM »
Final report, I assume.  Once it was down to 1 showing-a-day last week, I figured that would be the end.  It opened at the MaxiSaver on June 29 and had 7 weeks of 4-a-day showings, 1 week of 2-a-day, and last week, 1-a-day.  I have no idea if that's a normal run for a movie, more or less, as I've never really paid much attention to what they have.  However, I made sure to get there the first day, in case it was only there for the one week and if something would prevent me getting there later.
Josette

David

« Reply #1162 on: September 01, 2012, 07:47:05 AM »
And, David, I noticed that your most recent post in this topic was the 1972nd post this month. How appropriate.  [ghost_wink]  Were you waiting to time your post that way or was it simply serendipity?  [ghost_grin]

It was fate, MB!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: September 02, 2012, 04:46:46 PM »
In honor of the forum's new countdown to the release of the DS film on DVD/Blu-ray, I've posted another batch of captures/set ups on the film's "Complete This Phrase / Fill In The Blank(s)" board.  [ghost_smiley]  Happy completing/filling in!  [ghost_grin]

114 days 11 hours 46 minutes 46 seconds since the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows has been in release(ET)!

29 days 12 hours 13 minutes 14 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows comes out on DVD/Blu-ray(ET)!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 03, 2012, 01:07:27 AM »
I just noticed that Tim Burton is on ES.TV tomorrow. I don't even remember him being on back in May when the show had its series of interviews promoting the DS film. But then perhaps, rather than a repeat, his segment will turn out to be something new to promote Frankenweenie, which opens October 5th. Although, it seems early for the show to be promoting that film because its segments tend to appear much closer to a film's release date, not a month earlier. So, it will certainly be interesting to see...

114 days 20 hours 7 minutes 27 seconds since the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows has been in release(ET)!

29 days 3 hours 52 minutes 33 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows comes out on DVD/Blu-ray(ET)!

David

« Reply #1165 on: September 03, 2012, 04:03:16 AM »
what's ES TV?

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #1166 on: September 03, 2012, 04:36:14 AM »
i think its the syndicated show hosted by byron allen and it used to be called THE ENTERTAINERS and now the es stands for entertainment studios.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 03, 2012, 05:53:30 AM »
The hour long weekend version is still called Entertainers, but the 30 minute weekday version is called ES.TV.

If you get ES.TV (which is the weekday version of the weekend show Entertainers) on any of the channels in your area...

115 days 0 hours 53 minutes 30 seconds since the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows has been in release(ET)!

28 days 23 hours 6 minutes 30 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows comes out on DVD/Blu-ray(ET)!

David

« Reply #1168 on: September 03, 2012, 11:46:48 AM »
guess we don't get it around here, but I'm sure you'll post the video!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: September 03, 2012, 02:56:16 PM »
Oh, I'm sure I (eventually) will - particularly when the segment was indeed about the DS film, and I think it may have featured some behind the scenes material that wasn't shown elsewhere.

I have no idea how I managed to miss today's installment when it was originally shown, which according to my DVR was on May 21st, because back then I'm pretty sure I still had my DVR programmed to record the show.  [ghost_undecided]  (After all, the earlier segments began on May 9th (Chloe Moretz and Bella Heathcote) and continued on the 10th (Eva Green), 11th (Michelle Pfeiffer), 14th (Jonny Lee Miller and Jackie Earle Haley), 15th (Johnny Depp) and 17th (Helena Bonham Carter), so it's not like the 21st was so much later than the last one I'd caught - plus I'm sure I was still following the upcoming listings for the show.) But no matter - thanks to noticing that the show was rerunning all the segments that I did originally see, I was able to catch the rerun of this one that somehow I'd missed.  [ghost_wink]

115 days 9 hours 56 minutes 16 seconds since the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows has been in release(ET)!

28 days 14 hours 3 minutes 44 seconds until the day the Depp/Burton Dark Shadows comes out on DVD/Blu-ray(ET)!