Author Topic: It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp  (Read 447526 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I does seem as if the person who wrote the 411mania.com article is merely speculating as to what the Depp/DS film will be about, but I had a thought this morning. IF Angelique really does curse Elizabeth - and IF her name really is Angelique Bouchard Collins (as others have also reported) - wouldn't it be interesting IF she not only comes by the Collins name because she was once married to Barnabas but because she's also married to Roger. Unlike the original show where Elizabeth witnessed Cassandra kissing Tony Peterson and was subsequently cursed by Cass, Ang could curse Elizabeth because somehow she finds out that Ang practices witchcraft. And IF Ang is already married to Roger, that *could* explain why she's already so well established and influential in Collinsport.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
It sounds as if Depp & Burton's favorite DS period may be Leviathan and PT 1970.  In PT 1970 there was one line where Elizabeth (during the two weeks or so when she was given dowdy clothing to wear) mentioned that she entrusted the management of her money to Roger, and he squandered it, as a result of which they were both dependent on handouts from Quentin.

Of course the idea of Ang being married to Roger and cursing Liz hearkens back to the Cassandra storyline.  I have to say if this results from the input of the two big-name fans in the group (Depp & Burton), they both have really good taste... *wink*

G.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
The movie "spans a long peroid of time"  NICE! :) And he didn't seem to think it was going to be a comedy.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Hey guys!  Sorry for the double!  However, I found this article about Thomas McDonell from Just Jared.com! And along with it is a nice picture.  It's from an feature in Rolling Stone.  He looks a lot like Johnny and FEEEEINE! :)  

He is listed as a one of 2011 breakout stars!  I feel good about having a breakout star in DS. We have a fine cast coming together.  Now fingers crossed the script is good!

http://justjared.buzznet.com/tags/thomas-mcdonell/
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Chloe Grace Moretz talking about being officially cast as Carolyn...

http://youtu.be/PyI2NCcTAJk

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thanks so much for the link, Zahir.  [snow_smiley]

Interesting that the video confirms what we already suspected: that even when it was first reported that Moretz was in discussions to play Carolyn, she had actually already "booked" the part.

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
  • Born during episode #566...... For Real!!
    • View Profile
Glad they confirmed HBC is there too... I am totally on board with her! I was worried there might be a last minute change with her disappearing from the IMDB list. Still trying to adjust to such a young version of Carolyn! Strange...
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I think it's ingenious to cast a younger Carolyn, especially with the possibility of a trilogy!  We can watch her grow and different storylines!

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Variety relying on Moretz's tweet to confirm she is attached to the DS movie. Variety a little late but all is good.
http://www.boffo.com/2011/04/chloe-moretz-tweets-dark-shadows-role.html

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
I think it's ingenious to cast a younger Carolyn, especially with the possibility of a trilogy!  We can watch her grow and different storylines!

I rather think its about MP not wanting to have an "adult" child on scrreen (her personal circumstances notwithstanding as a mother of two late teens) but then maybe i'm overly skeptical.
Julia99

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp
« Reply #2261 on: April 17, 2011, 10:00:34 PM »

Let the franchise commence!!  [easter_grin]  ...just as long as there's not a breakfast cereal tie-in!!
Robot_Quentin: "I've never watched the last episode, so the show never ended for me."

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: April 17, 2011, 10:23:37 PM »
Bite your tongue.  As a collector of monster toys, I would like as much merchandise out of this baby as possible - so long as Johnny's character bears a resemblance to Frid's.  This means bangs.  I want bangs on my action figures, got it?  Good.   [easter_cheesy]

Offline Robot_Quentin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: April 17, 2011, 10:46:48 PM »
Oh action figures would be awesome! And as someone mentioned a while back, a Collinwood play set would be too cool.  [easter_shocked]

...I'm just not on board with a JD Barnabas on a cereal box! As over-merchandised a the Pirate movies were, that just seems to lower the credibility bar to an undesirable level. My money is on a PG-13 rating for this movie anyways.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: April 18, 2011, 07:22:30 AM »
I would (almost) kill for a Collinwood playset.  I understand what you mean about being blown out of proportion like Pirates.  I wouldn't much care for that either, but, on the same hand, to see Dark Shadows be as big as pirates would make me rather happy.  

Yes, I think the movie is going to be in the PG-13 range as well, though I wouldn't be surprised if we got an R rating out of it.  It's about vampires and Burton is not blood-shy.  We will see.