Author Topic: It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp  (Read 450273 times)

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
Re: It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp
« Reply #2400 on: May 12, 2011, 01:58:12 AM »
Are you sure that isn't an umbrella?
May you die before you want too.

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #2401 on: May 12, 2011, 12:57:50 PM »
I found this one on one of the international fan sites- you can see more detail in the wolf's face.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: May 12, 2011, 01:44:15 PM »
That is a nice photo. Thanks. The wolf's head doesn't look that sinister but it could be just the angle.

Johnny speaks about his take on how he wants to play Barnabas, his hair, etc..
http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/entertainment/entertainment/view/20110512-336150/Why-Johnny-Depp-wants-a-third-baby

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: May 12, 2011, 03:13:44 PM »
[laughing4]
very good!

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: May 12, 2011, 04:20:29 PM »
Great article, jimbo. Thanks so much for posting the link.  [ghost_smiley]  Plus it's nice to see that Depp's remarks here tend to jibe more with his previous remarks about his approach to Barnabas.

And here's a rumor that I think we should start IF Victoria does indeed turn out to be a waitress: it has nothing to do with the Maggie character but was actually inspired by and related to Depp's own waitress tattoo as a tribute to his mother. If we post it on the right sites, let's see how fast it spreads across the Internet.  [ghost_cheesy]

Of course I'm kidding. But I bet it would spread - and people would actually believe it...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: May 12, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »
carolyn stoddard without a glistening platinum mane...

that is a switch! [ghost_shocked]

Maybe she'll be the girl of 101 falls.  [ghost_smiley]

Don't know if this is DS related, but it very well could be. 7 hours ago Chloe Moretz tweeted:

"Long hair today!! Yay"

Considering how excited she was the other day to have her short hair back, it seems like an odd tweet if it's simply related to her real life. (Though I certainly have to admit that my insight into the psyches of 14-year-old girls is severely limited. [ghost_grin]) So, it could be related to the DS hair discussions she said she was having on Monday. And if so, that could easily mean that through Chloe has short hair, Carolyn will not...

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: May 12, 2011, 05:14:58 PM »
Thanks MB. I don't even remember what we did before google alerts and Twitter. jk Getting news in real time is amazing. On the other hand I think it makes our job more difficult as you have to be on the computer 24/7. I'm glad this is a collective effort here. I believe Chloe's remarks does pertain to the movie. I think she is real excited and she is happy with the hairstyle they have given her. Yes I don't have an idea either what goes in the mind of a 14 year old.
re: the article I am very encouraged with JD's remarks. It seems as some have been speculating that the "very funny script" pertains to Barnabas' reaction to his modern day environment and not his taking on a Jack Sparrow-like quirky persona. Something that I had feared.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: May 12, 2011, 06:18:54 PM »
Apparently Chloe is fixated on this:

59 minutes ago:

"Long hair again!!!!!!!"

Offline KMR

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: May 12, 2011, 06:52:43 PM »

I thought the same thing at first, until I looked closer and saw that Johnny appears to have a bandana peeking out from under his jacket.

Offline usffan

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: May 12, 2011, 07:14:22 PM »
Macrame owls?  Fake fruit on a plate?  That pretty well cements the 1970's time setting!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: May 12, 2011, 07:38:12 PM »
If there actually are macrame owls in the film, given the forum's history with macrame, no doubt many of us will howl with hysterical laughter when we see them!  [laughing6]

Getting news in real time is amazing. On the other hand I think it makes our job more difficult as you have to be on the computer 24/7. I'm glad this is a collective effort here.

Indeed. I was just saying to a friend yesterday that it was so much easier keeping up with things back in '90-'91 when the Revival series was announced, in production, and on the air because there were only so many entertainment sources. On TV there were only a handful of entertainment shows: Entertainment Tonight (which frequently ran spots on the show), CNN's ShowBiz Today, and a few other assorted syndicated shows. There were just a few magazines that could be counted on coverage - ones like Soap Opera Weekly, Soap Opera Digest, and TV Guide to a smaller extent. And the Internet wasn't really a factor at all. But nowadays there are hundreds if not thousands of outlets that are likely to feature the Depp/DS film once things really get underway with it. My mind boggles at how we're going to keep up with a fraction of it, much less anything approaching all of it!

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: May 12, 2011, 09:19:21 PM »
Really encouraged by this latest interview.  It's both good and interesting to see that he compares Barnabas to two of the most evil vampires in cinema history. 

"Macramé owls hanging on a wall or fake fruits on a dish are" simply where it's at.  I just hope not to see too much '70s in the Collinwood mansion.  But over at Angelique's place, bring it on! 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: May 13, 2011, 12:07:10 AM »
59 mintes ago Chloe Moretz tweeted a photo of herself:

"Not the best pic!! But I'll get a better one up soon-ish http://lockerz.com/s/101056978"

If that's going to be Carolyn's look, then it's very Nancy Barrett in the latter years of the show.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: May 13, 2011, 12:13:18 AM »
Excellent MB!

This just in from GK Films from Twitter:

Just announced: Warner Bros will release Tim Burton's Dark Shadows starring Johnny Depp on May 11, 2012. Let the countdown begin!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: May 13, 2011, 12:25:10 AM »
Very interesting - especially when I'd been saying all along that I didn't think it's a summer film, which I still don't - at least not if it's the type of film I'm expecting. But as I also said, there's such a thing as counter programming. So the fact that WB will be releasing the film then says a lot about their confidence in the film if they think it can compete with the other summer blockbusters that will be coming out. And also, it will be coming out before Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, so that film will be the one compared to DS instead of the other way around.  [ghost_wink]