Author Topic: It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp  (Read 447513 times)

Offline Garth Blackwood

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
Re: It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp
« Reply #885 on: April 02, 2009, 02:15:58 PM »
jimbo, beware of odd news posted on April Fool's Day.

LOL...
"I am the law sir ... I have one and only one warning for you-- STAND ASIDE"

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 02, 2009, 02:51:14 PM »
Midnite and Garth, you "guys" are good. lol

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 15, 2009, 01:54:16 AM »
FYI This article briefly mentions that the Japanese Warner Bros 2009-2010 Press Book has the Dark Shadows movie being released in Japan in the winter of 2010. After the article's link you are directed to a Japanese website which has the movie name in English but the information is written in its native language. Although the article was written today, April 14, 2009, the information in the Press Book may be inaccurate on the movie's release date.

http://liveforfilm.blogspot.com/2009/04/random-dark-shadows-expendables.html

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 18, 2009, 12:02:45 AM »
Considering that a strike could easily derail the start of production on the Depp/DS film, this is potentially good news: SAG Strike Likely Averted.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 19, 2009, 09:47:52 PM »
a Japanese website which has the movie name in English but the information is written in its native language.

It's not surprising that several sites have jumped on this. What is a bit surprising is that some of the reports wonder if the site is reporting more news than meets the eye because they can't read Japanese. Apparently they've not heard of translation sites like Yahoo's Babel Fish. Granted, it's often far from perfect when it comes to translating - but you do get the gist. Check out the translation here.

The translation also reveals a link to this posting that was made two days later. Though who knows what it is that they're sharing in the two images?  [idontknow]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 24, 2009, 06:48:20 AM »
I don't know if I like this person's vision of what the Depp/DS film could be like with Tim Burton directing. A "hybrid of old Dracula movies and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"? Scary! But not necessarily in a good way.

Check out: "I Like" Mondays

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #891 on: April 24, 2009, 01:21:36 PM »
Rock of Love...now that is a taking up good airspace.  UGH! I hate reality tv!   [ghost_mad] LOL
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline katrinavantassel

• Junior Poster
  • Home sweet home
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 24, 2009, 08:33:29 PM »
Why does it say Depp has been working on this for several years? That doesn't seem right. And though I don't like the flippant attitude of the blogger, I have to agree I would have liked an 'ending' to the revival series as well (even though we already covered that ground in the original).

Offline madscntst

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Depp Rocks!
« Reply #893 on: April 24, 2009, 09:03:59 PM »
They probably meant "working to get the film made", as opposed to actually filming it or anything like that.  I just checked a timeline that I keep of all important Depp events  [ghost_wink]  and have the official DS announcement as having been July 26, 2007, which was not quite 2 years ago.  And I think that there have been reports that he was in talks with DC productions for a time prior to that. 

As for the blogger, well, bloggers' opinions are like... well, you know, everyone's got one  [ghost_tongue2]  I for one hope that the film is as un-Charlie&ChocFac-like as possible.  But after seeing Sweeney Todd, my faith in Burton to direct this film has increased  (I still think someone like Guillermo del Toro might've been a more interesting choice for this one...)

Cathy

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 28, 2009, 04:10:17 AM »
A video taken on 04-14-09 of John August's Rancho Mirage seminar session where he briefly states that out of his pending projects Dark Shadows is the next thing that shoots and that it should be great; that they are waiting on Tim Burton. So finally John speaks about DS although there is no real news to report. His brief DS discussion starts at approximately at the 98:38 mark and only lasts about 20 seconds or so.

http://johnaugust.com/

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #895 on: April 29, 2009, 06:15:11 AM »
A lot of times I cannot view videos such as this. Can someone tell me what I need to download or do?
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 29, 2009, 01:43:06 PM »
Taeylor I believe downloading Adobe Flash Player 10 should solve all of your video playing issues and I believe it's free at this link or you can find it free at other websites. Perhaps other cousins here can confirm or recommend something else but it worked for me.   http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #897 on: April 29, 2009, 10:03:54 PM »
That didn't help Jimbo, however, I appreciate the effort. I have no idea what it is.  I installed it and then restarted the computer but it still isn't showing anything.  Again, much appreciated! :)

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 01, 2009, 07:58:50 PM »
Who really knows how long Tim Burton will be shooting his beloved Alice movie. One actor states in this interview that T.B. is presently fighting with Disney because Disney does not like the caterpillar that smokes. As long as the DS movie starts shooting this fall I could live with the great caterpillar debate. lol  http://www.universityobserver.ie/2009/04/28/the-reluctant-villain/

Note to Taeylor. No problem I just wish you resolved your issue.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #899 on: May 02, 2009, 01:28:58 AM »
That is kind of discouraging news.  I don't want to divert the topic from it's title so I will holler at ya Jimbo!  :) Thanks!