Author Topic: It's official: Dark Shadows returns as a film with Johnny Depp  (Read 447608 times)

Offline LOOKE300

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
what about the hero burt or jeff clark all past ds have had the good guy who battles barnabas.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
There's precedent in the DS universe for not having a character like that because the '91 Series didn't - though that's certainly a possibility. (And Barn would have gotten a rival for Vicki's affections had the '91 Series continued...) And some of Barn's best scenes in the original DS were when he was plotting against Burke and Willie would be desperately trying to talk him out of it. Though one does wonder how much story they can pack into one film. It would seem, anyway, that Liz will be more than window dressing in the film, so there may not be room to do justice to Barn having a significant rival if Liz' story will be a significant subplot. Plus, Barn's antagonist would appear to be Angelique. But I suppose we'll see.  [snow_wink]

Offline LOOKE300

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
there was a little in 91 ds when viki went into the past there was peter bradford like in the first ds.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
One of the most interesting things about all the reports that are surfacing about Chloe Moretz being cast is how so many of them are describing the Depp/DS as "huge" - presumably based on the fact that Moretz herself would have appeared to have described it that way over the weekend in the quote that thanks to Phil came to our attention yesterday. Not that the film hasn't been described that way before by a few reports here and there. But now "huge" is suddenly the major description of choice. Not that we're about to complain.  [snow_wink]

The other interesting thing about her quote, though, is that she told MTV News that she had already booked the film that she wasn't allowed to mention, yet most reports are saying that Moretz is still in discussions. But then, considering the news was presented as a fait a complete on IMDb last weekend around the same time that she made her remark to MTV, perhaps many are simply trying to cover their asses to make it look like they're on top of the news when they very well may be behind it.  [snow_cheesy]

And changing reels slightly, over the past few weeks I've noticed several sites identifying Eva Green's Angelique as "Angelique Bouchard" - but at least a few of the reports about Moretz' casting are identifying Ang as "Angelique Bouchard Collins". One can't help but wonder if that really is her character name of if they're embellishing on their own...

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
I am excited about the "HUGE" comment that Chloe gave. She is a good little actress and she looks like she could be daughter of Michelle, easily! :) Excitied, excited, excited!!!!!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
PS....She was wonderful in 500 DAYS OF SUMMER with Joseph Gordon Levitt. Which is an amazing movie in and of itself.  She has made/or had about 15 movies in pre production.  :)
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Phil

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
I think "huge" is apt - looking at this cast on paper, it's a pretty impressive company thus far. By my count, 9 Oscar nominations among the main cast alone, to say nothing of the A-list craftspeople behind the camera. This thing is shaping up to be HUGE!
"It's not Star Trek, there's not a convention every week. If I miss this, it's a three year dry spell." - Patton Oswalt on DS

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
It occurs to me that maybe she isn't really up for Carolyn (one article even described as being cast as Liz!) but perhaps as a young Josette.  Maybe not.  But consider...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
If it was simply a certain few of the sites (which shall remain nameless) reporting the news as her being cast as Carolyn, I would say they could easily be wrong - but Variety is also reporting that Moretz has been cast as Carolyn.

PS....She was wonderful in 500 DAYS OF SUMMER with Joseph Gordon Levitt.

Really. I have that DVD, but I haven't watched it yet. But then, so what else is new because I'm always saying I have DVDs that I haven't watched - but there are only so many hours in the day.  [snow_cheesy]  However, I'll definitely have to move that up on my list.  [snow_wink]

Offline loril54

• Senior Poster
  • Long Live DS Fans
    • View Profile
Well if Carolyn is going to be younger, then I guess there will be no BUZZ.  Maybe now a biker wouldn't fit in any way.

I really hope that they don't do the cattle thing. That was really gross just thinking about it.
Vote for Jonathan in the Walk of Fame.

http://www.canadaswalkoffame.com/nominate

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Move it up.....500 Days of Summer is one of the best movie's I have seen in YEARS!

Offline usffan

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
Well if Carolyn is going to be younger, then I guess there will be no BUZZ. 

I can't get the creepy thought of a Jebez Hawkes subplot with a 14 year old Carolyn out of my head now.  Yuck!

Seriously, though, I really like the idea of Sarah speaking through Carolyn as a possibility now. 

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
For the record, I thought Chloe Grace Moretz was brilliant and heart-breaking in last year's Let Me In in which [spoiler]she plays the 12-year-old vampire Abby.  Kind of ironic, really.[/spoiler]  It occurs to me that if Carolyn looks anything like Sarah, there's a lot of dramatic potential there.

Offline LOOKE300

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
if there is a second movie should it be about adam a frankensteion story or quentin ghost/werewoft story. quentin was the second most popular charater on the show but i always thought robert rodan did a great job playing adam. but i would have to go with quentin.

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
It's very possible that the age of the character Carolyn could be more along the lines of 16-17; it depends on what they want to do with the actress, so we shouldn't assume her real age is a clue to the movie.
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.