Author Topic: Happy 50th Anniversary, Night of Dark Shadows  (Read 108539 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Happy 50th Anniversary, Night of Dark Shadows
« Reply #390 on: February 15, 2022, 01:00:23 AM »
Before moving on to tomorrow's quote, if you're only following the posts I'm linking to in the "And Now The Return of Another New Slideshow (Sort of) [**Now featuring alternate versions..." topic, you may want to check out the following two posts -

Grayson made notes in her script where she explains that when Carlotta touches...
... Yes, a lot of those notes are fascinating...

- regarding the subtext Grayson intended to convey whenever Carlotta touches the heart pendant. And also these two -

Another fab Carlotta capture today! ...
[pointing-up]  Yes, the patented Grayson Hall pout! ...

- concerning the patented Grayson pout, which happens to be on display in today's screen capture...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 15, 2022, 04:24:16 PM »
If you want to learn about or refresh your memory concerning the background of today's quote -

Page 55/Scene 115 - Tracy: 'Oh, darling, I won't bother you here. I swear I won't. When you were in the tower, I always felt you were so far away.'

- check out -

Moving on with the scene, beginning with Quentin's response to Carlotta asking if he's sure that he wants his painting materials moved from the tower:

- this post to also learn about the differences in the dialogue, directions and descriptions and notes Grayson and DC made in their scripts...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 15, 2022, 08:08:17 PM »
Unlike the previous two stills I've shared that are associated with Scene 115, this one -

(Click here for a 700X476 version)

- is rare as it hasn't been officially shared anywhere to my knowledge...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 16, 2022, 03:34:17 PM »
If you want to learn about or refresh your memory concerning the background of today's first quote -

Page 55/Scene 115 - Quentin: 'Well, I won't be anymore. So I want you to stop worrying. Everything's going to be all right.'

- and/or today's second quote -

Page 55/Scene 115 - Tracy (with great hope): 'Now I know it will.'

- check out -

Wrapping up Scene 115, beginning with today's first quote -

- this post to also learn about the differences in the dialogue, directions and descriptions...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 17, 2022, 01:26:18 AM »
Before tomorrow's quote from Scene 116 comes up in the slideshow, we have some pre-quote business to get into. The following three quotes, which precede tomorrow's quote -

NoDS: Scene #116 - Tracy: 'I'll drive into Collinsport and
get the biggest steak anyone has ever bought.'

NoDS: Scene #116 - Quentin: 'And eat it ourselves.'

NoDS: Scene #116 - Tracy: 'I'll make my famed Caesar
salad...which is the only one I can make --'

- do not appear in the current slideshow but they did appear in the original Movies Slideshow because those lines were quoted in the Fest's 1999 Movie Calendar, which was the source for quotes for that slideshow...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 17, 2022, 02:52:09 PM »
If you want to learn about or refresh your memory concerning the background of today's quote -

Page 56/Scene 116 - Tracy: 'What happened to her?'

- check out -

Beginning the next scene:

- this post to also learn about what happens in the scene before the quote comes up, namely how the quotes in Reply #394 fit in...

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 17, 2022, 03:11:59 PM »
I would have loved to see Carlotta's reaction if Tracy attempted to intrude on her kitchen.  [snow_wow] [snow_wow] [snow_wow]
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 17, 2022, 05:57:14 PM »
 [pointing-up] Oh God - can you even imagine?! I hadn't thought about it before you mentioned it, but the daggers Carlotta threw at Tracy when she thought Tracy had persuaded Quentin not to use the Tower room would have surely been nothing by comparison!  [snow_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 18, 2022, 05:42:44 PM »
Yesterday's and today's graphics -

- have been made using different crops of this -

- which was published as part of a NoDS Movie Preview article in 16 SPEC  Magazine and as far as I can recall has never been officially published anywhere else...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 19, 2022, 04:08:52 PM »
If you want to learn about or refresh your memory concerning the background of yesterday's quote -

Page 56/Scene 116 - Quentin: 'Angelique? She's been retired. After years of honorable service.'

- and/or today's first quote -

Page 56/Scene 116 - Quentin: 'Mostly so Alex will forget our non-existent ghost. Hey, let me paint --'

- and/or today's second quote -

Page 56/Scene 116 - Tracy: 'Paint on...paint on...I love you...'

- check out -

Wrapping up Scene 116, beginning with yesterday's quote, Quentin's response to Tracy's question:

- this post...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 20, 2022, 06:58:08 PM »

Page 56/Scene 117 - Quentin: 'I told you I didn't want to see that again.'

- check out -

Beginning the next sequence:

- this post to also learn about the differences in the dialogue, the directions and the descriptions. And beyond the music cue remaining on the DVD/Blu-ray and more specifically the differences between the angle of stills vs. actual footage, there's also this -

Oops - how quickly I forget [embb] -

... And I've always been a bit upset that that published version is the only one that I've ever come across because it would be nice to see at least a bit more of Quentin. But then, maybe a wider version of it doesn't even exist, so perhaps I should just be grateful for what I have...

- that photo is published on page 254 of the DS Movies book (page 62A of the script, which features the conclusion of Scene 124 and the beginning of Scene 125):

And it's interesting that the book's version shows more of Quentin, which is a definite plus, and more of the room, but it crops part of the top and bottom off. Will we ever see the entire photo?  [ghost_smiley]

- and to answer that final question, yes, the entire version has surfaced for sale at various places like Heritage Auctions and eBay -

(Click here for a 912X700 version)

- though it seems as if it's only been offered as part of a batch of stills for sale (at Heritage Auctions as part of 9 stills in 2018 (an auction I missed) and not since and at eBay as part of a batch of 26(!) stills) and I'd rather not have to buy stills I already own just to get one that I don't, so I've never bought it under those circumstances, which is why above I'm sharing a scan made to showcase the sale rather than a scan of the actual still - however, I'm currently in the process of negotiating buying the still on its own - I was hoping to have it by now, but I have hopes of owning it soon - so once I do, I will scan it and change the above scan to a scan of the actual still...

UPDATE: The actual still has been added.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 21, 2022, 06:18:19 PM »

Page 56/Scene 117 - Carlotta: 'But it belongs here, Mr. Collins.'

- check out -

Continuing Scene 117, with today's quote, Carlotta's answer as to why she's brought Angelique's portrait back to the Gallery:

- this post to also learn about the difference in the dialogue and the notes DC and Grayson made in their scripts...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 22, 2022, 04:30:06 PM »
Today I want to begin to preview a moment in the slideshow from Scene 117 that will be coming up on February 28th. The following first version of the still appeared in the NoDS Pressbook -

- not once but twice, first as part of the above article and then separately on another page (which also happened to feature a second version of the Angelique still which was used along with the "Too Much Realism...Almost" article (which I linked to in Reply #56) and which I shared in Reply #119). Why share the same still twice, and both with the exact same caption? Who knows?  [snow_rolleyes]  It certainly wasn't like there was a shortage of stills that could have been shared...

But anyway, here's the actual still:

(Click here for a 760X566 version)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 23, 2022, 04:02:32 PM »
If you want to learn about or refresh your memory concerning the background of yesterday's quote -

Page 56/Scene 117 - Quentin: 'I find it distracting. I don't want it around.'

- and/or today's quote -

Page 56/Scene 117 - Carlotta: 'There would be fewer distractions if you went back to the tower.'

- check out -

Continuing Scene 117, beginning with yesterday's quote, Quentin's response to the portrait belonging in the room -

- this post to also learn about missing notes in DC's script regarding a change in camera angles, as well as Grayson's notes about how Carlotta will relate to Angelique's portrait and how Carlotta will speak...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 24, 2022, 04:26:12 PM »

Page 56/Scene 117 - Quentin: 'All right, Carlotta. What's it all about? What's going on here? Why is my working in the tower so important to you?'

- check out -

And when it comes to today's quote from Scene 117 -

- this post to also learn about the difference in the dialogue and the notes and/or markings DC and Grayson made in their scripts...