Author Topic: Happy 50th Anniversary, Night of Dark Shadows  (Read 107128 times)

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Happy 50th Anniversary, Night of Dark Shadows
« Reply #825 on: November 06, 2022, 09:33:09 PM »
It seems odd that Quentin so readily accepts the explanation that this was once Mrs. Stoddard's room. Even with the usual wacky DS continuity, Elizabeth would not have been a child in quite some time. To me, Carlotta's explanation raises more questions than it answers.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 07, 2022, 06:42:27 PM »
The script explains the real story, which is that the room was Sarah's. But DC in his infinite wisdom and apparent dislike for Monica Rich's work, never included the scene that would have clearly explained that. Plus, Carlotta couldn't tell Quentin that truth just yet because, as Grayson Hall notes in her script, Carlotta doesn't think Quentin is ready to hear the truth just yet.

As for Quentin, I suspect he goes with the Mrs, Stoddard's room explanation and the trick of the light theory simply because he just wants out of the room without appearing more foolish...

[nods]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 08, 2022, 01:12:17 AM »
Last time around when never shot Scenes 81-83 came up I flashforwarded and shared material to preview Scene 85. However, this time around I'm going to flashback. I recently came across a CD with stuff I'd saved that I'd completely forgotten about.

First up, yet another rare still from Scene 56, Angelique's funeral:

But beginning next time I'll be sharing something that most would probably think was gone forever - and if it wasn't for the fact that I'd saved copies of it all, it would be. But that's as much as I'll say now. But I suspect there will be more than a few people around here who'll be happy to see it all again...

[nods]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 08, 2022, 09:22:10 PM »
And just what is it that most would probably think was gone forever - and if it wasn't for the fact that I'd saved copies of it all, it would be? Well, it's selected posts from the forum's VantageNet incarnation that reported about the 2001 Vista Theatre's NoDS 30th Anniversary celebration. Midnite provided a detailed report and later on shared many of her photos. Other fans shared their photos through Midnite. And members of the forum also posted links to other fans' sites that shared photos. And all of that will be popping up in one way or another beginning today and lasting through the 18th.

First up will be Midnite's report and her "preview" photo. And so as to convey the experience of reading the report as it was originally shared, I've recreated the old VantageNet forum as best I could - and the reason I'm able to do that is because rather than just saving the text and photos of the soon to be shared posts, I'd used my browser's (the old Netscape 6.0, NEVER Internet Explorer!!  [Blow_Up_IE]) "Save page as" feature. Though, of course, most of the buttons/links no longer do anything because VantageNet folded not all that long after the NoDS 30th Anniversary posts were made in 2001, taking all of our posts with it and sending us scrambling to briefly host the forum on eboards4all before creating the initial iteration of this forum in January of 2002. The fact that VantageNet's abrupt and without warning closing took everything with it when it shut down makes it even more amazing that I'd had the foresight to save what I did of the NoDS Anniversary topic and that it all still exists on that CD that I recently rediscovered.

And as an aside, the reason why the graphic that appears on the VantageNet page is comprised of those screen caps is because I chose screen caps from Eps #1, #262, #523, & #785, all eps that originally aired on June 27th, and I also threw in Ep #1045, which originally aired on June 26, 1970, because June 27th was a Saturday that year...

(And as another aside, if only more people today felt the same sentiment that Thomas Paine expressed in the forum's moto back in October of 2001...)

So, without further ado -

[nods]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 10, 2022, 03:00:18 PM »
Unfortunately when it comes to the two links that I'm sharing in this post, I don't recall who posted on the VantageNet forum to alert us to their original site or, more importantly, who actually created the pages and shared the photos. Also unfortunately, the original site no longer exists, so I couldn't track down who it was. But the photos are much too good for them to have disappeared completely, so sharing them is a no-brainer.

NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS IS 30! - 1

NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS IS 30! - 2

There are several more pages from this to come, but coming up next in the flashback will be more from Midnite...

[nods]

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 10, 2022, 04:06:18 PM »
I wasn't online back then so I am really appreciating these posts!!!
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 11, 2022, 07:52:28 PM »
 [pointing-up]  I'm happy you're enjoying them.  [hall2_smiley]  And I suspect a lot of fans who are online now have never seen them because they weren't online in 2001...

[nods]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: November 11, 2022, 09:48:53 PM »
I remember them like it was yesterday.  Once again where have the years - the decades - gone?  I also remember the long-gone AOL DS message board where many from here also posted.  It did, like all other AOL message boards, have troubles with trolls.  There was one odd fellow who followed Heidi Klum as a goddess and, naming her "our lady," he made various prophecies how she was going to take over and rule the world.  Now that could've been a DS storyline.

Gerard

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 12, 2022, 04:50:11 PM »
Once again where have the years - the decades - gone?

I know - it's hard to believe that event took place over 20 years ago.

There was one odd fellow who followed Heidi Klum as a goddess and, naming her "our lady," he made various prophecies how she was going to take over and rule the world.

OMG, I'd completely forgotten about him. Though, sadly, he was hardly the only poster who was living in an alternate reality... Hey, maybe... No, I'm not going there...

[nods]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 13, 2022, 02:38:23 PM »
NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS IS 30! - 3

I didn't realize until today that I'd saved the background image that's intended for these pages so I've gone back and fixed the first two...

[nods]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 14, 2022, 03:54:00 PM »
NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS IS 30! - 4

NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS IS 30! - 5

And there are still more pages from this to come, but coming up next in the flashback will once again be more from Midnite...

[nods]