Author Topic: Happy 50th Anniversary, Night of Dark Shadows  (Read 105683 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Happy 50th Anniversary, Night of Dark Shadows
« Reply #675 on: June 25, 2022, 09:30:10 PM »
More behind the scenes. I held off posting the following two because they were taken outside "Collinwood," even if it's the opposite side of the house from what we see in Scene 217.

Now, I'm not sure who took those two photos. However, back in the '90s I came across a now defunct Web site that someone set up with photos he'd taken back in 1971 while he'd been lucky enough to be allowed at Lyndhurst while NoDS was shooting on the grounds. I saved a copy of his site for my own personal use. Eventually I moved the site onto a CD for safe keeping and to clear up disk space on the computer I had at the time. And I know it's going to come as no surprise to anyone that I have no idea where that CD is now because I have a terrible habit of not labeling CDs (that would be too easy). However, the CD is very likely packed away with other CDs with other things on them for "safe keeping," but I never seem to find the time to dig them out and check through them. One day...

But be all that as it may, I've since come across this photo of the guy posing with Kate Jackson:

(Click here for a 900X785 version)

And one thing I definitely remember about the site is that the guy who set it up was a big Kate Jackson fan. And if I recall correctly, she appeared in almost every photo that he'd shared on the site. And that leads me to a strong suspicion that perhaps, even though it seems as if his original site is now defunct, he's created another site where many of his NoDS photos are on display.

Check out this Gallery from that site:

KATE JACKSON GALLERY FOUR
(Scroll down about halfway for 6 photos:
  • The second photo on line 33.
  • The third photo on line 34.
  • The first photo on line 35.
  • The first photo on line 36.
  • And the third and fourth photos on line 37.)

[nods]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: June 26, 2022, 12:26:03 AM »
Scene 217:

(Click here for a 620X465 version)
(Click here for a 620X349 version

(Click here for a 620X465 version)
(Click here for a 620X349 version

The last day-for-night scene...

[nods]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: June 26, 2022, 03:10:15 AM »
And something else that we need to deal with before tomorrow comes:

And just when you thought we've seen all the alternate versions of scenes that appear in Grayson's script, up pops Scene 218. And we're going to deal with her script's version before DC's script's version begins with tomorrow's slideshow:

[nods]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: June 26, 2022, 01:56:14 PM »
What's up with today's weird graphics?

All will be revealed once we get into Scene 218...

[nods]

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: June 26, 2022, 04:09:24 PM »
The young fan in the picture with Kate Jackson reminds me of Richard Levantino. He was on the kids who hung out at the studio and was quite the photographer. The guy in the picture is about the right age but I can't be certain that it's him.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: June 26, 2022, 04:46:17 PM »
 [pointing-up]  I had a feeling that if anyone might be able to identify him, it might be you.  [ghost_wink]

Interestingly enough, I don't recall if he even identified himself on the original Web site. If he did, unfortunately I can't remember how he might have done so.

The person who runs the Web site that I'd linked to identifies himself as TJ, but that could be misleading because it could simply be a nickname...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: June 26, 2022, 05:38:28 PM »
If you want to learn about or refresh your memory concerning the background of today's first quote -

Page 101/Scene 218 - Quentin: 'Alex, there's something in there we've got to find.'

- and/or today's second quote -

Page 101/Scene 218 - Alex: 'What are you talking about?'

- check out -

And now we begin DC's script's version of Scene 218, which begins with the same opening, but quickly changes:

- this post. And a change from what's said in the summation at the bottom is that since that post was made a still from Scene 220 was indeed identified and it will be showing up once the slideshow gets to that scene...

[nods]

Online Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 26, 2022, 11:38:44 PM »
MB, I checked with my BFF Helen Samaras and she confirmed that it is indeed Richard Levantino. I can't say if that's his website though. He was and is a huge Lara Parker fan. I don't think that I ever heard him mention Kate. He used to post here on the forum many years ago. I believe that he was known as MM#7.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 27, 2022, 10:50:17 PM »
 [pointing-up]  Thank you, Uncle Roger, and please thank Helen. Richard Levantino should definitely get the credit he deserves...

Online Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 28, 2022, 04:19:20 AM »
You're welcome, MB! And I will relay your thank you to Helen when I speak to her later this week. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure that both she and I have this photo in our respective collections. There's a good chance that we both acquired it from veteran fan/dealer Jay Nass. The photo that you posted is much crisper than his.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 28, 2022, 03:08:45 PM »
If you want to learn about or refresh your memory concerning the background of yesterday's first quote -

Page 101/Scene 218 - Quentin: 'In a dream I had, Gabriel threw Charles into a small dark room. I remember that when he hit the floor, he fell over something wooden. Before I could see what it was, Gabriel bolted the door.'

- and/or yesterday's second quote -

Page 101/Scene 218 - Alex: 'Do you remember anything else?'

- and/or today's first quote -

Page 101/Scene 218 - Quentin: 'No - only a sound, and I can't even describe it, but I know I've heard it before.'

- and/or today's second quote -

Page 101/Scene 218 - Alex: 'Well, where do we start?'

- check out -

Picking up where we left off with DC's script's version of Scene 218, starting off with yesterday's first quote -

- this post...

[nods]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 29, 2022, 03:16:00 PM »
If you want to learn about or refresh your memory concerning the background of today's quote -

Page 101/Scene 218 - Quentin: 'The room had a heavy iron door --'

- check out -

Wrapping up DC's script's version of Scene 218 and moving beyond a bit, starting off with today's quote -

- this post for what was interesting and what made sense when it comes to what was changed in the rewrite of Scene 218, and to learn what Scene 219 entails...

Tomorrow's slideshow begins Scene 220...

[nods]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 30, 2022, 02:30:39 PM »
If you want to learn about or refresh your memory concerning the background of today's quote -

Page 102/Scene 220 - Quentin: 'I have a terrible feeling that if I relax my will for just one second, it'll be all over...'

- check out -

Moving on to Scene 220:

- this post...

[nods]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 30, 2022, 07:52:18 PM »
Today's -

- and tomorrow's graphics have been newly created with a slight crop of this -

- which still, which I had last time around but I didn't know if it was associated with Scene 220 until Darren Gross explained that it was back in December of 2016:

... I have one photo of Quentin close-up with the candelabra, and you can tell from the background that they are at the bottom of the staircase, about to separate.
... There are so many stills of Quentin with candles that sometimes it's hard to know which are simply publicity poses and which are for actual scenes. For example, back in '09 I used this for the seance -

- in the original slideshow for NoDS even though I was pretty sure it wasn't from the seance, but I cropped and enlarged it so it would look like it could be.
...and Yes, that photo you posted of the Quentin with candles on the previous page IS the shot I was talking about ...

And back in Reply #15 I'd shared two versions of this still -

... Not all 130 are there, but I know there were to be 130 because the newspaper also published this:

Also, because the quality of the newspaper version is terrible, here's a somewhat cropped but much better version of that photo of Quentin:

- which may also be associated with Scene 220, but it may simply be a generic publicity still...

But speaking of Quentin holding a candelabra in a still, a couple such stills will be upcoming once we reach Scene 229, one of which is very rare...

[nods]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: July 01, 2022, 02:06:54 PM »

Page 102/Scene 220 - Alex: 'We'll go up there, Quentin. You and Tracy stay as far away from that tower room as possible.'

- check out -

And wrapping up Scene 220:

- this post...

And as we'll see in the next post, the mystery revolving around Scenes 218 - 220 seems like it might have been solved...

[nods]