Author Topic: Happy 50th Anniversary, Night of Dark Shadows  (Read 112675 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: Happy 50th Anniversary, Night of Dark Shadows
« Reply #1785 on: Today at 04:18:16 PM »

It's amazing how different the color of Claire's outfit looks on the Blu-ray versus the VHS. Or maybe not so amazing given how so many things are colored differently on the VHS version of the film...

Just for the fun of it, I checked the Laser versus the VHS and, of course, there's a difference there: the Laser is a bit darker and a very slight bit closer to the Blu-ray. Here's the Laser screen capture versus the VHS screen capture and the color of a pixel taken from the Laser version of Claire's blouse versus the same pixel taken from the VHS version and then below those the Blu-ray screen capture and the color of the same pixel taken from the Blu-ray version:

(Click here for a 620X465 version)

(Click here for a 620X465 version)

(Click here for a 620X349 version)

[nods]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: Today at 05:30:20 PM »
Maybe Claire, knowing her husband's appetite, had prepared sandwiches in advance and kept them in the refrigerator. In a Tupperware container, of course.

And once again you may have hit on something - I can definitely see that as a possibility. I mean, given the way things play out so quickly in the script with regard to Claire preparing the sandwiches and getting the coffee going, she would have otherwise have to have been a genius at putting together sandwiches so amazingly quickly.

And speaking of Tupperware, something just hit me: If Claire and Alex really were as broke as Alex claimed on the night they had dinner at Collinwood with Tracy and Quentin, the perfect solution could have been that Tracy and Quentin wouldn't have abandoned the tradition of serving tea in the drawing room and those continued tea events could have been combined with Tupperware parties hosted by Claire to make extra money!  [easter_wink] [easter_grin]  It would have been a win-win. But alas, no one lived long enough for them to do it. Oh well. But can you just imagine the scene, though - especially how Carlotta would have most likely looked on disapprovingly!!  [easter_cheesy]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: Today at 07:36:16 PM »
Revisiting more of how Scene 174 is scripted:

Continuing with more of Scene 174 with regard to Claire's actions:

She looks at the portrait.

And that's when today's quote -

Page 81/Scene 174 - Claire: 'I still don't see how showing Quentin that is going to make him leave here.'

- comes up.

And when it comes to the dialogue, Claire actually says "I still don't see how showing him that is gonna make him leave here" - and as can be seen in today's capture -

- Claire actually delivers the line off screen.

And when it comes to the descriptions and the directions, there's nothing that's different.

[pointing-up]  And as far as "today's quote" goes, it was May 9th's this time around.

[nods]

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: Today at 07:51:53 PM »
No doubt that Carlotta would have regarded the burping of Tupperware to be terribly declasse.
Fade Away and Radiate