Author Topic: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish  (Read 80102 times)

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish
« Reply #345 on: April 07, 2010, 03:56:11 PM »
I read in an internet column that Jonathan might be doing one of the Big Finish recordings--is this a possibility or just a false rumor?? Thanks!!

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: April 07, 2010, 04:17:42 PM »
That is wonderful news re Louise Jameson.  She always struck me as a very hip, very talented actress, who deserved more (although admittedly I haven't been able to follow her career since the Who days).

I love it that they're going cross-fandom with these... very cool!

G.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 07, 2010, 07:03:18 PM »
Miranda, I've been avidly keeping my ear to the ground for any news about the audio series. I've yet to hear anything about Frid doing a CD. That doesn't mean it won't happen; I'm not officially connected in any way to Big Finish. I'll be pleasantly surprised if what you heard is correct.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 08, 2010, 08:52:34 PM »
The new TV Guide article (from their soaps column) has a line about Frid still playing Barnabas 39 years after the show went off the air on the Big Finish recordings.

My guess is that this statement, which is completely untrue, came out from the reporter visiting a website and looking at the first CD, which I think did have a picture of Jonathan (as Barnabas, of course) on the cover, even though his voice did not appear on the recording.

We do live in the age of spin but implying, as the statement does, that Jonathan Frid has continued on playing Barnabas for the last 39 years is extreme, even by the standards of today.

cheers, G.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #349 on: April 17, 2010, 05:16:23 PM »
I got my DS package from the fest today and it says Jon is gonna play Barnabas on the new audio dramas Gothick! So I guess we will see. It said more would be announced!
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 18, 2010, 02:29:00 AM »
Yes, I read that, too, Taeylor, in the Fest mailing I got yesterday--so it was not just my/TV Guide's imagination!!  I bet Big Finish will get a lot of sales on the volume JF does, especially from us JF fans/DS purists, ahem, like me....

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 18, 2010, 02:49:51 AM »
Here's what Stuart Manning had to say on the Big Finish Forum for Dark Shadows, "Regarding the announcement on the Festival site and TV Guide, all I can say for now is to watch this space".  I take that to mean that it's very probably going to happen but not a done deal.

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 18, 2010, 05:15:25 AM »
 [ghost_smiley]

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
  • Dark Shadows from Big Finish Productions
    • View Profile
    • Big Finish Productions: Dark Shadows Reborn
« Reply #353 on: April 28, 2010, 01:21:54 AM »
Just a reminder that the Big Finish Dark Shadows Facebook group is a great place to go for information on upcoming dramas. We're regularly adding new recording photos, so why not see who's been in the studio recently:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=48155129132&v=photos

Finally, look out later this week for the announcement of a very special upcoming release!
Dark Shadows Reborn: Official Audio Dramas from Big Finish Productions | http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #354 on: April 29, 2010, 05:19:59 AM »
OMG!  Barbara Steele is gonna be in the audio drama's! I am gonna go faint now.....I wish they would have brought her back as the original Julia though. That would have been really cool!   
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: April 29, 2010, 03:35:11 PM »
I would love more info about Barbara Steele's participation in one of these.  Looking forward to hearing details.

G.

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
  • Dark Shadows from Big Finish Productions
    • View Profile
    • Big Finish Productions: Dark Shadows Reborn
« Reply #356 on: April 30, 2010, 02:13:17 PM »
Big Finish are pleased to announce that Jonathan Frid returns to Dark Shadows this summer in an all-new dramatic reading. The Night Whispers also stars John Karlen and Barbara Steele and will be available on CD from the end of June.

To hear the first teaser trailer and pre-order online, visit http://www.bigfinish.com/news/Jonathan-Frids-Dark-Shadows-Return
Dark Shadows Reborn: Official Audio Dramas from Big Finish Productions | http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #358 on: April 30, 2010, 09:51:22 PM »
OMG! Hearing Barbara Steele utter the words..."BARNABAS COLLINS!"  I am gonna pass out!  I am glad though that JF didn't replace Andrew in the ongoings drama's.  I thought that would have been terribly rude!

THANK YOU TO BIG FINISH FOR INCLUDING THE 1991 ACTORS!
 I am glad someone cares!

Offline mm#7

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: May 02, 2010, 06:30:29 AM »
I just prordered the new DS audio drama with Jonathan Frid. Cannot wait to receive this. Jonathan has always been a real favorite of mine. It will be great to hear him doing Barnabas once again.mm#7 [ghost_smiley]