Author Topic: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish  (Read 80058 times)

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Re: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2006, 08:51:52 PM »
*watching the mailbox*

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
  • Dark Shadows from Big Finish Productions
    • View Profile
    • Big Finish Productions: Dark Shadows Reborn
« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2006, 03:12:58 AM »
CDs 3 and 4 have fallen foul of some unexpected production delays, outside of our control, which Big Finish are working to resolve. We're currently finalising a new release date for the CDs, and as soon as that is available, we will update the websites with news and post information here too.

We appreciate the patience of fans and apologise for this set-back, and hope that fans will enjoy the finished stories.  We value the support and enthusiasm of our audience and rest assured that we are doing everything possible to resolve this problem.

Thanks

Big Finish
Dark Shadows Reborn: Official Audio Dramas from Big Finish Productions | http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2006, 05:25:46 AM »
Thanks to the person who posted something about the CDs not being released yet. I've been wanting to mention this for quite a while now, but haven't remembered too. I hope that we get them sometime around the 1st of the year. I can't wait to see how this first series ends!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline rainingwolf

• Full Poster
  • Not all wolves are werewolves!
    • View Profile
    • MySpace Page
« Reply #108 on: December 04, 2006, 02:46:22 PM »
CDs 3 and 4 have fallen foul of some unexpected production delays, outside of our control,
Thanks for the explanation! I'm eagerly waiting for the next CDs--you are doing a wonderful job! [santa_thumb]
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History..."

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 04, 2006, 11:33:00 PM »
Oh I don't know about that- I mean, the next story is a Christmas story and they can't get it ready in time for Xmas 2006??  Maybe there should be a change in management.........

RachelDrummand

« Reply #110 on: December 04, 2006, 11:34:27 PM »
Thanks for letting us know, DSReborn.

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2006, 01:33:31 AM »
I am very disappointed and I think the people who have prepurchased the 3rd and 4th
dramas should have been send something via snail mail.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
  • Only my freckles hold me together.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2006, 01:36:01 AM »
Why don't you take it over, Charles?  [santa_grin]  That way there will never be a single problem or production delay.

Nancy

Oh I don't know about that- I mean, the next story is a Christmas story and they can't get it ready in time for Xmas 2006??  Maybe there should be a change in management.........

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2006, 05:33:50 AM »
I really think that there must be a valid reason for the delay.  I am very disappointed, of course, but Big Finish has always been a reputable company.  I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2006, 05:40:29 AM »
I agree.  As someone who has been involved in over three hundred stage productions and a handful of TV and film productions as well, I know that things will go wrong no matter how well you plan and not everything is under your control.  I think most people with basic real life experience realize this. [santa_cheesy]

Nancy

I really think that there must be a valid reason for the delay.  I am very disappointed, of course, but Big Finish has always been a reputable company.  I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2006, 03:51:32 PM »
I only found out about the delay through this board, and I'm angry that as a Big Finish subscriber I and others weren't alerted via e-mail.  VERY careless indeed- you'd think that when it became obvious that the Christmas CD wouldn't be ready for the holidays, they should've moved heaven and earth to placate the subscribers with some kind of apology and copmpensation (a discount on a future purchase, a free CD).  They have to answer for their actions.

BTW Nancy, with all of your aforementioned experience, why don't YOU take over??

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2006, 04:08:29 PM »
Charles,
I understand your frustration.  From what I've observed of you at the DS fests, you are a knowledgable and dedicated fan of DS.  Perhaps the announcement could have been handled better, but in the end, does it matter?  Ok, so we get our Chrismas CD a bit late.  So what?  I'm more concerned about the future of these releases.  I think we need to stand behind Big Finish and thank them for doing something no one else has done, return the original cast to their roles in a continuing series!   I'm just hoping that there's not some problem that jeopardizes future stories.

Offline Nancy

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 05, 2006, 04:48:54 PM »
BTW Nancy, with all of your aforementioned experience, why don't YOU take over??

I have offered assistance as a matter of fact but I wasn't the one wanting to toss out the "management" because of a single delay now, was I? [santa_wink]  I don't criticize something that I don't think I can do better.

I have been given permission to put Frid's one man show material on DVDs and CDs but fan attitudes like yours have definitely made me think twice about it.  Fans cry and carry on about wanting DS to carry on, sign petitions and the rest of it and then when someone does try to do that there's hysteria over a delay in production.  I know how much you respect the DS actors, Charles, why not also respect those fans who try to carry on keeping the show alive?  They are equally deserving of respect.  Your comments about getting rid of "management" are not thought out very carefully, if I may say so.  The fact that "management" are who they are is the reason they were given the license they have to do the material in the first place.  Those who handle the licensing for Dan Curtis Productions are very careful about whom they give the rights.

Nancy

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2006, 02:51:07 PM »
I'd just like to set the record straight on the recent delays that have affected the Dark Shadows audio range. 

Producing Dark Shadows on audio has been a long-held dream of mine, and Darren Gross and I have been kicking ideas back and forth about how to make it happen for over two years before my association with Big Finish Productions finally gave us an opportunity to make it a reality.  The task of producing officially licensed, original "Dark Shadows" productions is one that everyone involved takes very seriously.  This license was an unprecedented one, and with that opportunity comes an immense responsibility, both to the show's history, our actors, and to the ongoing world of Dark Shadows.

At this point, we've been working on this project non-stop for over a year.  The setbacks with the final CDs were due to factors beyond our control and everything possible was done to prevent them. All of us at Big Finish have done our very best to deliver a range that fans and newcomers alike can enjoy, and, believe me, these delays are as frustrating for us as our general audience. 

Rest assured that Big Finish is commited to Dark Shadows and I can confirm that, based on the sales of the initial CDs, the company will be producing a second series of four plays, which will be released from Summer 2007.

We hope you'll enjoy "The Christmas Presence" and "The Rage Beneath", and will look forward to further CDs in the new year.  Once again, thanks for your support and apologies for the delay.

Stuart Manning
Producer, Dark Shadows
Big Finish Productions
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2006, 06:00:42 PM »
Okay, but I feel you should've sent individual e-mails to all the subscribers explaining the delay.  I only found out about the delay ON THIS BOARD, and feel that the situation could've been handled better.

OK, Stuart- here's a new challenge for Big Finish.  Kathryn Leigh Scott once divulged that one unrealized project of Dan Curtis' was to do a TV version of "A Christmas Carol' with the DS cast!  How about a Big Finish version of the Dickens tale with a lot of DS actors?  The story IS in public domain, and it would be great for Christmas 2008!