Author Topic: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish  (Read 80092 times)

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish
« Reply #195 on: March 17, 2007, 04:05:36 AM »
I'm on dial up until I go back to work Monday.  Is this the same trailer that was on the Bloopers DVD or is it new?

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #196 on: April 09, 2007, 06:06:14 PM »
I'm just wondering when the new CD from Big Finish is coming out...you know, the one with the interviews and stuff. It said March, but now it's April. Was there a delay again?
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 25, 2007, 05:34:28 PM »
I'm just wondering when the new CD from Big Finish is coming out...you know, the one with the interviews and stuff. It said March, but now it's April. Was there a delay again?

Has anyone gotten their copy of the volume Bramdon has talked about yet,as of today, May 25--I know my card was charged, so if anyone else has gotten theirs could you please let us know??? Thanks!!

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 25, 2007, 08:01:39 PM »
I've ordered from Big Finsish before.  From my experienice, they usually ship out at the end of the given month.  Usually, I get my product early in the next month.  I won't start looking for mine until say June 7th or so.  Check the main site.  They usually let you know when they ship CDs.
WWW.doctorwho.co.uk

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #199 on: May 26, 2007, 04:43:59 PM »
I haven't recieved my copy yet either. Generally I recieve my order within 1-2 weeks of my account being charged. Second week still isn't quite up for me yet, so I'm on the lookout.

Still, wish more updates were available.
Brandon Collins

RachelDrummand

« Reply #200 on: May 26, 2007, 04:50:30 PM »
Let me know when people start getting their copies. I haven't pre-ordered it because I plan to buy it when it becomes available. According to the sites it hasn't even been released yet.

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 28, 2007, 04:41:51 PM »
I wouldn't be checking the mail until the webistie is updated.  As I posted earlier though, I'd expect the webiste to be changed very soon.  There will probably be an announcement that the CDs are ready and all pre-orders have been dispatched. 

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
  • Dark Shadows from Big Finish Productions
    • View Profile
    • Big Finish Productions: Dark Shadows Reborn
« Reply #202 on: June 15, 2007, 01:13:20 PM »
The Legend Reborn, our special behind the scenes CD documentary is now available, and all pre-orders have been dispatched. We apologize for the delay in release, which was due to factors beyond our control.

The release features our a dozen interviews with the cast and crew of the audio dramas, including David Selby, Lara Parker, Kathryn Leigh Scott, John Karlen and Robert Rodan. Also included is a special bonus disc of Joseph Fox's haunting scores from the first series.

Big Finish are currently working on the second series of Dark Shadows audio dramas, which will record later this year. Keep visiting our website for more information.

To purchase The Legend Reborn, and other titles in the Dark Shadows series, please visit http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com
Dark Shadows Reborn: Official Audio Dramas from Big Finish Productions | http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #203 on: June 15, 2007, 03:25:23 PM »
Thanks for the update. I was just getting ready to send in an email asking what's going on.
Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 25, 2007, 09:23:42 PM »
I recieved my DS music and interview CD, just in time, sort of, for the 41st  anniversary of DS.  This is the last Monday in June, which is when it premiered 41 years ago.  Of course, Wednesday is the actually anniversary.  Still it's something nice to commemorate it this year.  I didn't have the will power to save it for Wed.

It's interesting to hear about the creative process that went into the series.  The music works well as standalone pieces.  This CD has the distinction of being the first CD of DS music NOT to feature "Quentin's Theme" Or "Shadows of the Night".  It's also nice to have some DS music to add to my Xmas compilation CD this year.  I think you all wiill enjoy this release.  I can't wait for the new stories. 

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 26, 2007, 06:02:17 AM »
I fiinally got my copy of the DS Reborn retrospective CD today, too.  On the receipt Big Finish apologizes for the delay and offers a half price discount on a future order of one CD from Big Finish--I think that is a very generous offer for anyone buying the next set.  As for me, I think I have said before that I can't bring myself to buy something with the original cast members without Jonathan doing Barnabas, but I think this history of CD will be very interesting, as I do find the history behind the various incarnations of DS to be quite interesting, so I do look forward to listening to this CD....and I do hope to be able to get to the Aug event, the first "con with Jon" in more than a decade...

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #206 on: July 12, 2007, 03:21:32 AM »
I still haven't recieved my copy, and it's been nearly a month since they posted the announcement about the CD finally being released. Has anyone else had to wait this long before for another CD that they've released? Because if not, I think I'm going to drop them an email. I just don't know how long to wait for it to get here because usually I get it within two weeks of the announcement of it being sent out.
Brandon Collins

RachelDrummand

« Reply #207 on: July 13, 2007, 08:57:41 AM »
Yes Brandon, I've had that problem with them before with the 3rd and 4th cd. They may have to send you another copy like they did with me. Needless to say, that 'first' set they sent never did come. Possibly the mail carrier's fault. Good luck!

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2007, 05:27:54 PM »
I still haven't recieved my copy, and it's been nearly a month since they posted the announcement about the CD finally being released... I just don't know how long to wait for it to get here because usually I get it within two weeks of the announcement of it being sent out.

As a rule, CDs generally take up to two weeks from dispatch to arrival.  If you've not received a copy within that time, please contact Big Finish customer service via the website: www.darkshadowsreborn.com and they'll be able to arrange a replacement.
Dark Shadows Reborn: Official Audio Dramas from Big Finish Productions | http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 23, 2007, 01:19:01 AM »
Big Finish have recorded an audio book of Angelique's Descent, featuring Lara Parker reading her classic Dark Shadows novel for CD.

The abridged adaptation features atmospheric music and sound effects, plus special dramatised scenes featuring Angelique and the Dark Spirit, played by Andrew Collins.

The novel is released as two double-disc releases, retailing at $15.00 each. Each set also includes a bonus interview with Lara.

Both CDs will debut at the August Dark Shadows Festival and will be available generally from August 20. To pre-order Angelique's Descent, view cover art and listen to a preview trailer, visit http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com