Author Topic: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish  (Read 80084 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish
« Reply #150 on: December 20, 2006, 08:07:42 AM »
Since I, like Buzz and a few others have mentioned here, am not really interested in buying these CDS at this point, could someone please satisfy what might be the curiousity of some of us not getting the CDs and answer how they explain [spoiler]the change in Barnabas' appearance in the Cds, an Adam-experiment, a spell by Angelique, or, or????Some interesting possibilities come to mind.[/spoiler]

Thanks a lot!!

I stopped short of giving further details here:
[spoiler]I appreciated that the different voice is explained by a plot twist-- as Angelique says, Barnabas "walks in another's footsteps."  So the different voice for him wasn't at all jarring to me when I first heard it.[/spoiler]
because, quite honestly, I think it's unfair to give up a major plot revelation on a public forum, not in the course of discussion, but merely to satisfy someone's curiosity, especially when the CDs are so readily available.

Offline Miranda

• Full Poster
  • Dit forum is het helemaal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2006, 06:34:13 AM »
Well, Midnite, I don't see anything wrong with being moderately curious about a plot point in some DS merchandise one might not be interested in buying, but I also agree that revealing every detail about an item's plot can spoil it for people that might be interested in obtaining a copy.  Having said that, I think you very nicely answered the question I had about the difference in Barnabas in the Big Finish CD, thank you!!

RachelDrummand

« Reply #152 on: January 06, 2007, 10:28:50 PM »
Any word on the exact date the upcoming cds will be delivered?

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
  • Dark Shadows from Big Finish Productions
    • View Profile
    • Big Finish Productions: Dark Shadows Reborn
« Reply #153 on: January 08, 2007, 09:13:32 PM »
The CDs are currently being duplicated and we expect them back within the next 14 days. Once they're back from pressing, we'll announce it here, on the DSReborn mailing list and the Big Finish website.
Dark Shadows Reborn: Official Audio Dramas from Big Finish Productions | http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com

RachelDrummand

« Reply #154 on: January 09, 2007, 12:23:00 AM »
Sounds good. Thank you DSReborn!

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 22, 2007, 06:33:25 PM »
Just a quick heads up that the third and fourth Dark Shadows audio dramas - The Christmas Presence and The Rage Beneath - are now in stock at Big Finish and available to order. We thank our pre-order customers for their patience and understanding. All orders are currently being packed. For more information, visit www.darkshadowsreborn.com
Dark Shadows Reborn: Official Audio Dramas from Big Finish Productions | http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 22, 2007, 06:39:04 PM »
Great news!  Thanks!!

Offline Pansity

• Senior Poster
  • Who's Sorry Now?
    • View Profile
    • Jeannie's David Selby Site
« Reply #157 on: January 23, 2007, 01:36:55 AM »
Thanks for the update, DS Reborn.  Looking forward to them.

[blob6] [crowdhappy]

My David Selby Fansite (performance & book reviews): http://jwmediafanfiction.com/jeanniesdavidselbysite

My Dark Shadows Fest Pictures site:
http://jwmediafanfiction.com/dsfestpics

RachelDrummand

« Reply #158 on: January 23, 2007, 07:00:42 AM »
OOOh I can't wait! Thank you!

~Rachel

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 31, 2007, 12:14:58 PM »
The last two CDs in the current series of Dark Shadows, The Christmas Presence and The Rage Beneath are now available. All pre-orders have been dispatched.

Big Finish are pleased to announce that Dark Shadows will return for a second season of audio dramas later in 2007. There will also be a CD documentary release in March titled Dark Shadows: The Legend Reborn.

The Legend Reborn is an in-depth behind the scenes documentary, presented by Kathryn Leigh Scott, featuring interviews with the cast and creative team behind the new audio dramas.   The release will also include a free bonus CD album of Joseph Fox's incidental music score from the series, including previous unheard material.

To pre-order The Legend Reborn or to purchase other titles in the series, please visit http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2007, 03:57:50 PM »
I've been hoping for a soundtrack release and a behind the scenes look, or listen, rather.  It's a nice bonus that we get two for the price of one!  Thanks for bringing the original DS back.

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2007, 10:41:22 PM »
Woohoo for the second season!

RachelDrummand

« Reply #162 on: February 09, 2007, 01:55:18 AM »
Is anyone still waiting for their cds?

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 09, 2007, 02:50:17 PM »
I recieved mine on Monday.  A friend in Louisville KY has his and another in PA got his Monday too.  Big Finish is very prompt with sending out prodcuct.  I've bought Doctor Who, Bernice Summerfield, Sarah Jane Smith, 2000 AD (Judge Dredd), and misc other titles.  Usually they arrive very promptly.  Occasionally the mail between here and the UK can get dodgy.  I had one package quite a while to get here.  I wrote before it arrived, asking if it had been sent  They said yes, but also  sent me a replacement.  I got the replacement first and two days later the original arrived!  They told me to keep both.  Since then, I've learned to give the international mail time to get here.  It can vary from a few days to a couple of weeks. 

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #164 on: February 09, 2007, 07:04:02 PM »
I recieved my CDs on Wednesday. And yes, like K9 said, Big Finish is usually very prompt with their sendouts.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran