Author Topic: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish  (Read 80112 times)

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
Re: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish
« Reply #120 on: December 11, 2006, 06:36:16 PM »
Rest assured that Big Finish is commited to Dark Shadows and I can confirm that, based on the sales of the initial CDs, the company will be producing a second series of four plays, which will be released from Summer 2007.

Stuart, this is great news!  I'm glad the sales on the first CDs have been good. I'm looking foward to any and all future installments!

- Penny 
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
  • The grooviest HEP cat in Collinsport!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 11, 2006, 08:18:00 PM »
Okay, but I feel you should've sent individual e-mails to all the subscribers explaining the delay.  I only found out about the delay ON THIS BOARD, and feel that the situation could've been handled better.

ITA w/Charles that the professional thing for Big Finish to have done was to send either postcards or emails to ALL who pre-ordered their volumes to let them know there was a delay and why.  Delays happen, this we all know.  But to not inform pre-paying customers of said delay is not only grossly unprofessional, but rude as hell!
Buzz-isms:

"I like the bike I got, & the chick I got!"
"I know just the place!?Over in Logansport!"
"If ya feel it, SIT it!"
"Come on, before he offers me a side car too!"
"Her nose needed some powder!"
"You askin' me to give up something I like?"

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #122 on: December 11, 2006, 10:48:07 PM »
Stuart, this is great news!  I'm glad the sales on the first CDs have been good. I'm looking foward to any and all future installments!

I share in Penny's happiness and celebration over this great announcement.

And in other areas, I don't really care that the CDs are going to be late. Would I have liked to be informed? Sure. But I'm not pist about it. After all, at least it was mentioned HERE, rather than NOT AT ALL. So kudos to the person who originally brought up the CDs being late.

Now let me go and count pennies in my bank to save up for the new CDs.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2006, 03:15:30 AM »
Would I have liked to be informed? Sure. But I'm not pist about it.

Oh I'm not pissed, I didn't even order them because frankly they don't interest me.  But being one who has worked off and on in the retail biz for 20 plus years, it's just bad customer service to not tell people whose money you already have that what they bought from you is delayed.
[santa_wink]
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #124 on: December 12, 2006, 05:11:50 AM »
Oh I'm not pissed, I didn't even order them because frankly they don't interest me.  But being one who has worked off and on in the retail biz for 20 plus years, it's just bad customer service to not tell people whose money you already have that what they bought from you is delayed.
[santa_wink]

ITA agree with you. It would've been nice to have been informed, and yes, they should've somehow informed everyone. Better late than never.

What I'm dealing with now is being impatient now that these CDs have been brought to the forefront of my mind again, because I'd forgotten about them in dealing with X-mas shopping.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 12, 2006, 05:32:21 PM »
Rest assured that Big Finish is commited to Dark Shadows and I can confirm that, based on the sales of the initial CDs, the company will be producing a second series of four plays, which will be released from Summer 2007.

To quote a certain Time Lord...FANTASTIC!!!!

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2006, 05:36:04 PM »
Quote from: Brandon Collins
And in other areas, I don't really care that the CDs are going to be late. Would I have liked to be informed? Sure. But I'm not pist about it. After all, at least it was mentioned HERE, rather than NOT AT ALL. So kudos to the person who originally brought up the CDs being late.

My sentiments exactly.  The best Christmas present I could get from Big Fiinish is the annoumcement that the series will continue.  That's more important to me than having my CDs on time.  Look at it this way, the post holidays are always a bit of a let down.  This is something to look forward to.

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2006, 05:47:36 PM »
I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out some of the controls here.  In my last post, I basically quoted myself.  I was trying to fix a problem I had with a previous post.  I clicked the "reply modify" button.  I wanted to make the word FANTASTIC bold and italicized.  Instead, I quoted myself.  In the previous post I tried to qote another poster, but did not get the quote box around it.

On another related topic, I've avoided posting about plot issues because I have not figrued out how to get that spoiler box around plot details.  Any help would be appreciated.

I apologize for any annoyance with regard to the duplicate posting. 

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2006, 06:01:22 PM »
On another related topic, I've avoided posting about plot issues because I have not figrued out how to get that spoiler box around plot details.  Any help would be appreciated.

Supposedly there are boxes you can click, but I've never seen them, so I type the word spoiler at the begining of what I want to hide and /spoiler at the end of what I want to hide and it hides it. But, you have to put both words inside brackets like this [] to get it to work.

Hopefully this explanation isn't TOO confusing, LOL!   [santa_grin]

P.S. You don't have to bold or underline the words SPOILER, nor change their color or font size!   [santa_wink]
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2006, 06:44:27 PM »
I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out some of the controls here.  In my last post, I basically quoted myself.  I was trying to fix a problem I had with a previous post.  I clicked the "reply modify" button.

The Quote and Modify buttons are close in proximity but perform separate functions.

I wanted to make the word FANTASTIC bold and italicized.

That, btw, would look like this-- (ignore the word "code")
Code: [Select]
[b][i][u]FANTASTIC[/u][/i][/b] or--
[i][b][u]FANTASTIC[/u][/b][/i] The text goes inside the opening and closing tags, the tag with the slash always comes at the end (never the beginning), and note that the order of the opening and closing tags is so that they are mirror images of each other.

In the previous post I tried to qote another poster, but did not get the quote box around it.

When you want someone else's quote to appear in your post, the simplest way is to click Quote, remove the parts of the post you are not responding to but leave all the info that appears inside the brackets, then add your response after the last quote tag (in brackets).

Again, ignore "code"--
[spoiler]spoiler-y text goes here[/spoiler]
The only codes I can think of that require any spacing at all are the smiley codes.

I apologize for any annoyance with regard to the duplicate posting.

It's no problem.  But no worries if that was a lot of info to throw at you at once!  The Help area, accessible via the horizontal menu at the top of all the Forum pages, also has a Posting section with explanations for all the SMF user codes.  But to find info on MB's spoiler code, just search the Testing board for "spoiler".  (Open the Testing board, then enter your search criteria to search the Testing 1, 2, 3 board.  The Search feature is our best kept secret, followed closely behind by the Help section and Testing board.   [santa_wink])

Offline Julianka7

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Collinwood casts a long shadow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2006, 06:57:37 PM »
I doubt I'll prepurchase any future DS Dramas. I'll wait until they are
available. Perhaps I'd have felt differently if I had been told 3 and 4
would be delayed before they were already late. And had be told via
snail mail or email. There was no delay in taking my money.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
OT -- Code and Spoiler Icons (or lack thereof ;-) )
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2006, 07:10:57 PM »
Supposedly there are boxes you can click, but I've never seen them, so I type the word...

Um, this is from a stickied topic that's currently listed at the very top of the Testing board--
The spoiler feature is my own addition to the system and, unfortunately, I haven't been able to find the time yet to create an icon for it that displays along with SMF's other BCC features.  :(  For now people need to type the two spoiler tags in their posts on their own

Hopefully this explanation isn't TOO confusing, LOL!   <santa_grin>

P.S. You don't have to bold or underline the words SPOILER, nor change their color or font size!   <santa_wink>

One of those other icons is #.  It brings up code tags, which allow the other BBC tags typed between them to show up in your post.  Much easier!   [santa_smiley]

Offline BuzzH

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2006, 08:23:03 PM »
There was no delay in taking my money.

Again, while delays are sometimes unavoidable, and therefore forgivable, at least in my mind, when money is paid up front for said product, in this case MONTHS in advance, every single person who pre-paid should have been notified either by snail mail postcard or at the very least an email, that there was a delay in delivery.  That's just common courtesy.

[santa_cool]
Buzz-isms:

"If ya feel it, SIT it!"

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2006, 08:40:26 PM »
Well, I FINALLY got an e-mail from Big Finish,  but it seems too late in retrospect.  I only hope they learned from their errors....

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2006, 10:45:22 PM »
when money is paid up front for said product, in this case MONTHS in advance

My experience may not be typical, but while I did preorder months ago-- at the Fest, actually-- the charge wasn't applied until the end of October (in anticipation of a November release, I'm assuming) and it appeared on my November bill, so no, I did not pay months in advance.