Author Topic: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish  (Read 80048 times)

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
  • Dark Shadows from Big Finish Productions
    • View Profile
    • Big Finish Productions: Dark Shadows Reborn
Re: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish
« Reply #315 on: February 18, 2010, 08:11:34 PM »
The box set gives listeners all four part in July, ahead of the single disc releases; The individual discs are released monthly, finishing in October. There are no bonuses in the box set; just the four individual CDs in a special slipcase.
Dark Shadows Reborn: Official Audio Dramas from Big Finish Productions | http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 18, 2010, 11:26:17 PM »
Getting the CDs in July is all the bonus I need!  Thanks for the info! I'll be ordering later today.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 19, 2010, 01:30:02 AM »
Cover art on all the CDs is just amazing.

Quentin in prohibition era? That's wicked. I had a thought about doing a drawing once of Quentin as a WWI flying ace, because maybe, just maybe, he got drunk and signed up.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 19, 2010, 01:26:54 PM »
Not to mention that, if he got shot down, his portrait would have taken on the injuries and he would have walked away without a scratch.  ;)

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
  • Dark Shadows from Big Finish Productions
    • View Profile
    • Big Finish Productions: Dark Shadows Reborn
« Reply #319 on: February 21, 2010, 11:55:06 PM »
The Dark Shadows cast were back in studio yesterday, as recording on the Kingdom of the Dead miniseries continues. Visit the Dark Shadows Audio Dramas Facebook Group to see a new photo from the session. But who's the man on the left playing?
Dark Shadows Reborn: Official Audio Dramas from Big Finish Productions | http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 01, 2010, 10:34:19 AM »
i dunno if this is answered already & if it has i'm deeply sorry, i just don't feel like going through 22 pages.

buut i heard that they aren't finished the cliff hanger in the 1st set of the 1st season i think it's called?  or rather it got cancelled is this true?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 01, 2010, 05:21:59 PM »
B.Collins, yay for the search engine.  A search for "cliffhanger" on this board took me to the page that has a discussion about it:

The Dramatic Readings releases are a secondary range to keep Dark Shadows moving along for Big Finish between the full-cast seasons. Series two is currently being written, and will resolve the cliffhanger we left The Rage Beneath on, fear not.

I believe Season 2 begins release this summer.  Hope that helped.

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 01, 2010, 09:54:56 PM »
According to the Big Finish news section, recording it well under way for the 2nd series, Kingdom of the Dead.  Lysette Anthony and Alec Newman are joining the 4 regulars from the original DS and Andrew Collins.  Other original series cast memebers will have roles in the production as well. I can't access the forum at work, and I don't want to give the wrong information, so I'm beign a bit vague about who will guest star. They are scheduled to be released in July. You have the choice of ordering one CD a month or all four as a box set. Check the Big Finish site for more info.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #323 on: March 01, 2010, 11:12:32 PM »
OMG!  I am so excited about Alec and Lysette.  Now see the festival people need to take the stance that Big Finish is taking including people who were involved with Dark Shadows whether it was the original or not.  I know they probably never will but a lot could be learned from Big Finish! KUDOS to everyone working at that company.  Thanking your for thinking outside the box and not thinking that the original DS actors (no disrespect) are the only one's that matter. [snow_smiley]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 05, 2010, 10:51:27 PM »
thank you for letting me know. i was just to lazy to try & look that's all. he he. hey i at least admit it. well i'm glad the site i saw it at was wrong. & no it wasn't  the offical website i saw it at. i forget which site i saw it at actauly. i just was stunned at the news that's all. NOW I'm EXTREMLY Relieved that that particular person was WRONG! when i read it i thought to myself HOW DARE THEY! he he. buut anyways thank you again for the update.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 05, 2010, 10:59:42 PM »
Sadly, you can't always believe what you read on the Internet because some sites aren't as reputable as they should be and think nothing of passing on unconfirmed info and even outright misinformation and rumor as fact (and rumors often spread like wildfires on the Internet with no one bothering to check or even care about the facts).  [sad3]  That's why it's best to rely on the sites where you've learned through experience that you can trust what they post.

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 07, 2010, 04:39:24 AM »
Not only is the second audio series underway, they are hiring some quality talent. According to the Big Finish website David Warner has joined the cast. His credits are exetensive. He's best know to me from his two appearances on Star Treks V and VI. In the former, he was Chancellor Gorkon, the Klingon head of state in VI. To be honest, I'm trying to forget V. He was the Cardassian who tortured Picard in Star Trek the Next Generation-Chain of Command 1 and 2. He voiced Ra's Al Ghul in Batman the Animated Series, Jor El in Lois and Clark.  Most people probably remember him best as the henchman in Titanic. He has almost 200 credits on IMDB. He's also been in many of the Doctor Who audio adventures. I remember him best as the alternate 3rd Doctor in one of the Unbound stories. It's kind of a what if the Doctor had never been exiled to Earth after War Games. The DS universe is extremely blessed to have him as part of its mythos.   http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001831/

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #327 on: March 07, 2010, 04:44:32 AM »
Wow!  I love David Warner!  That's great news!

~Penny~
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Joeytrom

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 07, 2010, 07:35:07 PM »
David Warner I remember as a great Jack the Ripper in "Time After Time".

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 12, 2010, 09:09:50 PM »
In addition to the great photos on the Big Finish Facebook page (see Reply #319), there's a wonderful photo of Alec Newman and Lysette Anthony on Stuart's News Page, plus a new one of Lisa Richards.