Author Topic: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish  (Read 80087 times)

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
Re: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish
« Reply #180 on: March 06, 2007, 04:28:02 AM »
In reply to Gothick, myself as well I think, consider what's canon to the show to be ONLY the events aired during 1966 - 1971. Despite the official sanction from DCP, I don't consider the audios canon because not all the people involved with the show are involved with the dramas, and I don't mean just the actors. The recent books were officially sanctioned as well, (I believe) but not many people consider them canon, despite Lara Parker penning two of them.

There's canon to the 91 series, canon to fanfiction, canon to the movies, etc. That's jsut my point of view.

Offline barnabasjr

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 06, 2007, 04:33:06 AM »
*sighs* I contacted a rep from Big Finish on the 12th and she said they should arrive any day since they were shipped on or shortly after the 25th of Jan. I'm wondering if just my copies fell off of Widows Hill....
Hey RachelDrummand, any luck yet? Your saga is almost as intriguing as a DS storyline.
Your 3rd cousin in Virginia

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 06, 2007, 11:30:21 AM »
I have purchased and listened to the first four cd's, and I love them. [luv] It didn't bother me at all that the second set was late.  I knew they would come eventually. [bigok]  It's GREAT to hear their voices again in their original roles!  [cheesyg] They sound the same as they did during the original series - an advantage to not having them on video. [winkg]

One thing that I'm curious about though... [spoiler]When did Barnabas die?  Was it in Lara Parker's book?[/spoiler]
----- Sally -----

[coolg]

----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 06, 2007, 12:34:20 PM »
I am enjoying the 3rd & 4th CD's. Love to listen to them to and from work. Takes my mind of my hellacious day. Anyway, I would like to know what year these stories take place. If it is modern day, why haven't they changed the music in the juke at the Blue Whale?
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

RachelDrummand

« Reply #184 on: March 06, 2007, 03:12:52 PM »
Quote from: barnabasjr
Hey RachelDrummand, any luck yet? Your saga is almost as intriguing as a DS storyline.

Still waiting...this time for the duplicate copies but those were shipped on the 28th. Total mystery as to what happened to the first set.

Offline PennyDreadful

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Terror at Collinwood
« Reply #185 on: March 06, 2007, 08:20:49 PM »
I am enjoying the 3rd & 4th CD's. Love to listen to them to and from work. Takes my mind of my hellacious day. Anyway, I would like to know what year these stories take place. If it is modern day, why haven't they changed the music in the juke at the Blue Whale?

The place is by the ocean - surf music makes total sense no matter what the era.  :)  On yet another level though, in the fantasy world of DS the sound of that music is a perpetual mainstay at the Blue Whale.  It is a signifier for that place.  You could say those musical selections represent the Blue Whale's "spirit."  Plus, to some degree, Collinsport exists outside of the "normal" world.  Our rules don't completely apply.  I think it's great that the audio dramas retained that music for scenes set at the Blue Whale. 
TERROR AT COLLINWOOD
A podcast dedicated to 'Dark Shadows'
https://www.terroratcollinwood.com/

PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
Weekly hosted horror and suspense films!
On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England
http://www.shillingshockers.com

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 07, 2007, 12:02:35 AM »
Didn't Luciaphil write a hysterical story on the old Lighter Side BB about how Bob the Bartender was such a cheapskate at the Blue Whale, he refused to buy any new 45s for the jukebox and just let the same 3 songs play over and over again?  I still crack up every time I think about that.

G.

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 07, 2007, 12:27:52 PM »
Didn't Luciaphil write a hysterical story on the old Lighter Side BB about how Bob the Bartender was such a cheapskate at the Blue Whale, he refused to buy any new 45s for the jukebox and just let the same 3 songs play over and over again?  I still crack up every time I think about that.

LOL! I hear ya!
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #188 on: March 07, 2007, 06:32:35 PM »
Any word on when the Dark Shadows: The Legend Reborn discs will ship out? Says coming in March....and it's March. Are we looking at middle of the month, end of the month?
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
  • Dark Shadows from Big Finish Productions
    • View Profile
    • Big Finish Productions: Dark Shadows Reborn
« Reply #189 on: March 08, 2007, 04:02:03 AM »
The Legend Reborn will be shipping towards the end of this month.  We'll update both here and on www.darkshadowsreborn.com once the discs are back from pressing.
Dark Shadows Reborn: Official Audio Dramas from Big Finish Productions | http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
« Reply #190 on: March 08, 2007, 06:18:20 AM »
Thanks for the info. I'll be eagerly anticipating it, as I'm sure you've planned. MWUHAHAHAHA!
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

RachelDrummand

« Reply #191 on: March 11, 2007, 12:05:18 AM »
I'm just letting everyone know that I got the cds today--I believe this is the second shipment. They sent it airmail this second time and it arrived within two weeks. :) I look forward to getting the additional cd on the making of the series.

Rachel

Offline arashi

• Senior Poster
  • What a lovely night for the unquiet dead.
    • View Profile
    • Darkness Falls
« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2007, 06:30:35 AM »
One thing that I'm curious about though... [spoiler]When did Barnabas die?  Was it in Lara Parker's book?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I think it took place sometime after Quentin left the house and before her returned, if I remember correctly the monster in The House of Despair killed him and took his soul when he fought against them.[/spoiler] Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2007, 10:08:53 AM »
Quote from Arashi
[spoiler]I think it took place sometime after Quentin left the house and before he returned, if I remember correctly the monster in The House of Despair killed him and took his soul when he fought against them.[/spoiler]Anyone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Oh!  Thanks, Arashi! [bigok] I'm going to listen to "The House of Despair" cd again.  I guess I missed it when I heard it before.  [6184]

----- Sally -----

[coolg]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
  • Dark Shadows from Big Finish Productions
    • View Profile
    • Big Finish Productions: Dark Shadows Reborn
« Reply #194 on: March 13, 2007, 11:57:52 AM »
The special video trailer produced for the series can now be viewed on Youtube - check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZtnxxRh9E0
Dark Shadows Reborn: Official Audio Dramas from Big Finish Productions | http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com