Author Topic: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish  (Read 80049 times)

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish
« Reply #255 on: December 31, 2008, 11:58:03 PM »
has any of the old cast members that are still with us of course, been asked to reprise their roles? cause if you really think about it MOST of them aren't really doing anything anymore.  at least that i know of. it'd be great ya know?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 01, 2009, 02:55:45 AM »
Well, B.Collins, you can check cast lists for the dramas, starting with this one:
http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com/releases.htm
and at least two more have also been involved.

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
  • Dark Shadows from Big Finish Productions
    • View Profile
    • Big Finish Productions: Dark Shadows Reborn
« Reply #257 on: January 05, 2009, 08:02:11 AM »
The latest Dark Shadows dramatic reading from Big Finis​h has just been relea​sed on CD and is avail​able now. Dark Shado​ws:​ The Path of Fate is an all-​new hour-​long drama​tic readi​ng by Steph​en Mark Raine​y,​ starr​ing Lara Parke​r and David​ Selby​,​ You can order​ it from:​

http://www.bigfinish.com/6-Dark-Shadows-The-Path-of-Fate
Dark Shadows Reborn: Official Audio Dramas from Big Finish Productions | http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 05, 2009, 11:55:14 PM »
I can't wait!  Can you tell us when it will be available for download?  I'll be taking a trip this weekend and would like to listen to it on the way.  I doubt the CD will be here by then. 

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 06, 2009, 03:33:24 AM »
well thank you.  & sweet

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 15, 2009, 04:43:40 PM »
also one quick question on the downloads for the DS audio plays which i found on another site someone had uploaded there. is it free to join? & do you  have to buy something to download it? or is it free to join & free to download?

& as for which one is my favorite so far? the x-mas one. that's so far my favorite one. i can't wait until i listen to the next one. which i plan on doing within the next day or so.

B.Collins, you need to post your questions and comments about the audio plays in one of the Big Finish audio plays topics.

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 16, 2009, 01:17:42 AM »
sorry about that.

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 16, 2009, 03:40:37 AM »
also one quick question on the downloads for the DS audio plays which i found on another site someone had uploaded there. is it free to join? & do you  have to buy something to download it? or is it free to join & free to download?

Just a quick note to say that the only authorized downloads of the Big Finish DS audio dramas are available on a purchase basis from http://www.bigfinish.com/Dark-Shadows.  Any other downloads offered on the net are illegal and we politely ask that fans do not use these sites.  They deprive the actors, writers and Big Finish of financial earnings, and they actively undermine all future DS productions from Big Finish.  DS is an expensive line to produce solely for CD, so we depend on this revenue to drive future productions.

Big Finish Productions
Dark Shadows Reborn: Official Audio Dramas from Big Finish Productions | http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 17, 2009, 06:55:38 AM »
well if i angered anyone here i'm deeply sorry about that. i do understand where you are coming from. i'm just short on cash that's all. & you guys have done a WONDERFUL job too. also no disrepect either. one question though do you sell your product in stores? around where i live i don't see it in any bookstores around me. at some point i do plan on buying them though

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 05, 2009, 09:23:14 PM »
I love the BF DS audios. They ( And Return to Collinwood) are awesome.
I'm dying waiting the Wicked and the Dead to come out. Any details out there on what's coming next?
When is season 2 of the full cast audios coming out? It's been over 2 years since season 1 ended!
I hope that more of the audiobook stories are done too!
BF does Doctor Who every month and have expanded to doing two reader audiobooks monthly too. I hope that DS can get released once or even twice monthly in the future!

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 06, 2009, 03:50:45 PM »
You can now keep up to date with the latest news on Big Finish's Dark Shadows audio dramas at the range's official Facebook group. Join up and look for news and updates on the series, plus recording photos and much more!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=48155129132

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 17, 2009, 04:45:48 AM »
Big Finish Productions are pleased to announce the production of new editions of eight Dark Shadows CD audio dramas for the US retail market, as part of a new distribution deal for the range. The CDs have been repackaged in larger retailer-friendly DVD style cases, with the aim of making the stories available from more mainstream sales outlets.

The new editions will be available from February 25, and are only available from US retailers. The CD case editions will continue to be available from Big Finish directly, along with new titles in CD casing as they are released. Big Finish will continue to be the sole outlet for downloads of the Dark Shadows stories. Amazon.com have begun to list the eight reissued titles, which comprise:

Audio Dramas
1.1. Dark Shadows: The House of Despair
1.2. Dark Shadows: The Book of Temptation
1.3. Dark Shadows: The Christmas Presence
1.4. Dark Shadows: The Rage Beneath

Talking Books and Dramatic Readings
1. Dark Shadows: Angelique's Descent Part 1 – Innocence
2. Dark Shadows: Angelique's Descent Part 2 – Betrayal
3. Dark Shadows: Clothes of Sand
4. Dark Shadows: The Ghost Watcher

Please note that third party sellers currently offering the titles through these listings will have stock of original CD case editions, not the new DVD packaging.

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #267 on: February 20, 2009, 05:14:47 AM »
I just received the latest release from Big Finish's Dark Shadows series called The Wicked and the Dead. This new release stars Jerry Lacy and John Karlen reprising their roles from the 1897 story line of Gregory Trask and Carl Collins. It is an intriguing story written by Dark Shadow fan, Eric Wallace.  With a tag line of "Sometimes a devout man must do evil in the name of the greater good," the story takes the listener on a ride through the maddnes of the Trask line. A must listen.

LdyAnne

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 02, 2009, 05:25:54 PM »
I got up to track 6 on my cd of The Wicked and the Dead and it starting skipping so badly I was unable to finish it. I emailed BF about a replacement copy a couple of days ago but have yet to get a responce. I hope they send me a replacement copy soon, I'm dying to finish it.
If anybody here is affiliated with BF some info would be nice. I love BF's cds but I've had serious trouble getting anybody to respnd to me from them in the past when I had a problem with my account so I'm worried that I'll never hear back from them.
Anybody else here have a problem with their cd of The Wicked and the Dead? My case did arrive cracked so maybe mine got damaged in transit.

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: March 03, 2009, 05:24:51 AM »
I have had cracked cases, but never bothered to contact BF. You might try Stuart Manning from http://www.collinwood.net/ he is a producer or some on them.  Good Luck