Author Topic: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish  (Read 80106 times)

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
  • Dark Shadows from Big Finish Productions
    • View Profile
    • Big Finish Productions: Dark Shadows Reborn
Re: Dark Shadows: New Audio Dramas from Big Finish
« Reply #270 on: March 03, 2009, 01:11:13 PM »
Having checked with BF customer service, the customer enquiry in question was actually received on Sunday and has been responded to.  Big Finish's offices are only open on Monday-Friday, so the patience of our customers is appreciated if emailing during weekends, as we are unable to respond until the following business day.
Dark Shadows Reborn: Official Audio Dramas from Big Finish Productions | http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 03, 2009, 06:43:28 PM »
Hi
Thanks for looking into it.
 I haven't recieved any responce from BF on this, and the reply isn't in my spam folder either so I don't know what's going on. If you are able to forward the email or any info to me my address is slayer@junct.com
I just want to know that the replacement is being sent out. I'm dying to finish listeneing to the story. I can deal with a cracked case but not a skipping cd.
I love BF and buy 99% of everything they've put out, but I've had trouble not getting replies from customer service in the past.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 04, 2009, 05:09:48 PM »
They have always responded to my questions, but sometimes it took a few days.  Are you a subscriber?  Subscribers can download the stories.  Go to your account and look for your downloads.  I generally download the story before the CD arrives.  The download is generally up about a week or so after the CDs ship. 

As far as cracked cases go, mine always arrive cracked, but I figure it's cheaper to simply replace the case than it would be to pay higher shipping costs. 

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 04, 2009, 06:25:03 PM »
I haven't recieved any responce from BF on this, and the reply isn't in my spam folder either so I don't know what's going on. If you are able to forward the email or any info to me my address is slayer@junct.com

A response was definitely sent, confirming that a replacement was sent on March 3.  In future, it might be worth finding an alternative email address when contacting BF customer service, as there's clearly some ongoing problem with your messages getting through.
Dark Shadows Reborn: Official Audio Dramas from Big Finish Productions | http://www.darkshadowsreborn.com

Offline quentincollins

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 04, 2009, 09:13:38 PM »
The problem with getting the emails probably stems to not being able to access my account due to a lost pasword- a problem that I emailed BF several times about requesting help and never recieved a responce.   I had to open a different account with a different email to be able to place a new order.
When I emailed about my problem with The Wicked and the Dead I emailed using my priamry email. I got no responce there. It's possible they emailed the dummy email I had to set up to get around my account problem, an email I've since lost track of.
As it is I've tried to change my current account to use my regualr email but the system won't accept my email as it's being used for a different account - that I can't access. So I'm using my mom's email. That's a pain, but I manage her pc for her so I can recieve emails there for any future problems. The only thing I've ordered from that old account is DS so after the next DS audiobook comes out I shouldn't need access to that account anyways.
It is my fault that I lost my password, but I still never recieved any help with that and I tried several times to get help from BF customer service with no responce.
Thanks for at least letting me know the replacement is on the way, that's what I really needed to know.
I hate to sound so negative, I love BF, get everything from them, not just DS but Doctor Who, Sapphire and Steel, Iris Wildthyme, everything, and promote them and talk about them to everybody. I just have had problems getting help when I've needed it, which has been really frustrating.

Offline katrinavantassel

• Junior Poster
  • Home sweet home
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 18, 2009, 04:25:16 PM »
Does anyone know if there will be more DS dramas made after the Angelique story? I tried to find out info on the dark shadows reborn site but apparently it is down/not there anymore.

For the record, while I enjoy all of them, the stories with full cast are my favorites. Reminds me of those old-fashioned radio plays with the sound effects, music and all  [ghost_smiley]

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 18, 2009, 07:08:05 PM »
Does anyone know if there will be more DS dramas made after the Angelique story? [ghost_smiley]

I can't access the Big Finish site here at work.  Stuart Manning posted on the forum page a few days ago.  He said that the last of this season's dramatic readings were recorded on Sunday (yesterday).  I believe he also alluded to the audio dramas. I'll post an exact quote later. 

A friend also emailed my a note from one of the Big Finish people.  It stated that they are still committed to DS and are sorry for the delay. 

Offline katrinavantassel

• Junior Poster
  • Home sweet home
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 18, 2009, 08:39:04 PM »
Awesome - thanks for the good news! I love listening to these on my commute to work.

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 18, 2009, 11:46:23 PM »
Here's what Stuart Manning posted on the Big Finish Forum site on Sunday May 10. 

Hello everyone, just a quick update on the latest dramatic reading, which goes into studio next Sunday (mark the date!)...
Everyone at Big Finish is very sorry for the delays on the Dark Shadows range, but rest assured that we are committed to the series and producing quality dramas for our listeners. 2009 is due to see more Dark Shadows CDs released than any year so far (seven and counting!), including some exciting projects featuring actors we've not worked with previously and the long-awaited continuation of the full-cast audio dramas.

Look out for a full announcement on the website soon after recording and thanks for your continued patience.

Cheers

Stuart
Dark Shadows producer
http://forums.bigfinish.com/yaf_postst532p4_New-Readings-New-Dramas.aspx

There's been no update, but presumably the last dramatic reading was recorded yesterday. I'm especially looking forward to the new audio dramas and the resolution to the cliffhanger. 

Offline katrinavantassel

• Junior Poster
  • Home sweet home
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: May 19, 2009, 03:46:39 PM »
Thanks for posting this update. How exciting there will more produced this year than last! I wonder who the new cast members will be??

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 26, 2009, 02:14:38 PM »
Big Finish are pleased to announce that the latest Dark Shadows dramatic reading is now available to pre-order. Echoes of Insanity is an all-new story starring John Karlen and Lara Parker. For a full synopsis and to pre-order online, click here.

Offline DSReborn

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 12, 2009, 01:59:16 PM »
The cover image and production details for July's Dark Shadows dramatic reading Echoes of Insanity have now been added to the Big Finish website - http://www.bigfinish.com/8-Dark-Shadows-Echoes-of-Insanity

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 12, 2009, 03:01:25 PM »
The art looks fantastic!  You've got Willie's "over the edge" look down perfectly. 

The main thing I liked about Hinton's almost DS novel were the chapters that explored Jaimie (Willie's) exploits with the Jason counterpart.  I'm looking forward to the Big Finish take on this. 

Offline Sara Monster

• * 150000 Poster!! *
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Willie Loomis Saves Collinsport
« Reply #283 on: June 14, 2009, 01:43:44 AM »
Yea!  [ghost_grin] I was just WAITING for the art to be revealed. I've been content with just having the downloads, but perhaps I should shell out the extra bucks for the CD on this release..

Also as much as I'm looking forward to the tales of Willie & Jason making thefts, making scams & fightin' round the world, the brief but interesting interactions between Angelique & 'William' were one of my favorite things in the first 4 dramas.

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2009, 05:29:40 AM »
The June Podcast at the Big Finish website has a trailer for the DS CD “Echoes of Insanity”.  They also announce the title of the next release, “The Curse of the Pharaoh”.  It's in the can, but they do not reveal the cast or release date!  Stuart, if you’re reading, is this top secret or can you let us in on it?