Author Topic: WB ORDERS FILMING OF NEW DS PILOT  (Read 173575 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: WB ORDERS FILMING OF NEW DS PILOT
« Reply #870 on: March 29, 2017, 02:31:30 AM »
Looking forward to any other thoughts you have about this or differences revealed from your notes.

I haven't compared beyond what I did earlier, and I won't have a chance to do any more comparing tonight. But one thing I do have to say is that it's odd that David pranking Vicki comes in the YouTube version before Carolyn warns Vicki about David. I suspect most of us would agree that the original timeline of warning followed by pranking would seem to make more sense. And, in fact that's also the intended timeline in the script. But then, whoever put together the YouTube version didn't consult us.  [ghost_nowink]

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 29, 2017, 02:36:12 AM »
I think it's odd that David pranking Vicki comes in the YouTube version before Carolyn warns Vicki about David. I suspect most of us would agree that the original timeline of warning followed by pranking would seem to make more sense. And, in fact that's also the intended timeline in the script.

When I watched what was on YT I thought HUH? I did not remember how it went on the audio but it seemed odd to me that Vicky awoke from a dream and met Carolyn, who was going out. This is Collinsport not NYC.  She did meet Joe instead of going to the Blue Whale, but why so late? Now it makes more sense.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 29, 2017, 02:38:20 AM »
I also meant to mention that I checked and Willie listening to the truck's radio is in the script even though it wasn't in the Fest's version of the pilot that I saw...

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 29, 2017, 02:52:01 AM »
I also meant to mention that I checked and Willie listening to the truck's radio is in the script even though it wasn't in the Fest's version of the pilot that I saw...
Is your source from the '05 Fest? My audio is definately from '06, but I'm assuming it was the same version showed in '05.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 29, 2017, 11:32:41 PM »
Today I realized there's another "new" scene. When I said yesterday that in the version of the pilot that I saw at the Fest, after Willie and Kelly make plans to go to the mausoleum Vicki meets Carolyn, I meant that literally because in between there is no scene of Vicki awake in her bed looking through David's evaluation because she can't sleep. But obviously there is such a scene in the YouTube version before Vicki meets Carolyn. Apparently, even though it's scripted otherwise, at some point it was actually intended that David would prank Vicki before she meets Carolyn so a scene was conceived/shot to indicate that after being pranked by David, Vicki tries to potentially learn more about David from the evaluation, but getting frustrated with that, she goes out into the corridor and encounters Carolyn. But because in the script Vicki meets Carolyn before David pranks her, there is no such scene in the script of Vicki in bed with the evaluation. And presumably because in the version I saw at the Fest Vicki also meets Carolyn before David pranks her, they felt there was no longer a reason to include such a scene...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 29, 2017, 11:34:01 PM »
Is your source from the '05 Fest?

My sources are from all different years.

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: March 29, 2017, 11:37:39 PM »
I'd be fascinated to see who this John Peter actually is.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 29, 2017, 11:39:49 PM »
He (or they) is a fairly well known fan.  I don't think it would be proper to further identify in a public forum for obvious reasons.

G.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 30, 2017, 12:46:01 AM »
When I watched what was on YT I thought HUH? I did not remember how it went on the audio but it seemed odd to me that Vicky awoke from a dream and met Carolyn, who was going out. This is Collinsport not NYC.  She did meet Joe instead of going to the Blue Whale, but why so late? Now it makes more sense.
I guess every small town has that one, hip place open all hours of the night.  In mine, it was Country Kitchens.  No bar, but the best burgers or egg-and-bacon breakfasts and the place was packed at 3:00 a.m.  The health authorities eventually had to shut it down.  Don't ask.

Gerard

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 30, 2017, 06:34:13 PM »
Another cut occurred to me last night while organizing captures for the new background (which will hopefully show up sometime today). And what's been cut is the end of Joe and Carolyn in his boat. After Carolyn says she has to go, she gets up and starts to get dressed. Joe can see she really is upset so he offers to put his fishing trip off, but Carolyn tells him that she'll see him when he gets back. And then Joe has some problem with the way she's leaving and he says an unscripted "You're goin' out like that?" And to that Carolyn replies with something else that's unscripted that no one that I know who's seen the pilot seems to be able to decipher with certainty. It's something like "I know (something or other)" or possibly "I don't know, it might be fun", but who knows? Though whatever it is, she says it playfully, so it's not like she's leaving in anger. But she does leave Joe bemused. And it's too bad that very last bit was cut because with more exposure perhaps someone would have actually figured out what Carolyn says...

Apparently with the YouTube version we've gotten new stuff  [easter_cool]  but at the expense of losing other stuff.  [easter_sad]

Online Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 30, 2017, 07:34:58 PM »
We'll see how long it remains up. At least one person (not on this board, to my knowledge) has reported it to you know who.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: March 30, 2017, 07:50:41 PM »
And why do I suspect the person who reported it is the person who has a reputation for reporting such things to you know who? Although, in this case DCP doesn't own the pilot so there's nothing you know who can do directly. Though you know who can certainly pass along the info to WB...

The thing is, though, IF the pilot has been newly edited, meaning the version on YouTube isn't some early edit from back in '04, then someone at WB has to know about it. The newly added footage didn't just show up from out of nowhere - it had to come from the WB...

Online Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 30, 2017, 08:03:42 PM »
There's several fans who like to report stuff to TPTB because they seem to feel that it will gain them entrance in some inner circle. In virtually all instances, it has yielded them absolutely nothing.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 30, 2017, 11:15:33 PM »
He (or they) is a fairly well known fan.  I don't think it would be proper to further identify in a public forum for obvious reasons.
If this person or people are who I think he or they are then I hope at least one of them gets crucified. This person conned me out of a piece of memorabilia that had a great deal of sentimental value. in order to "thank you for all your help with the auctionl" I sent this person some photocopies of scripts I had so he could get them autographed and sell them to help pay for medical bills. The Kinkos bill and the postage came out of my pocket. So after all that he offered to get a piece of memorabilia autographed for me. It was a book signed by Frid and was a gift from a girlfriend who has passed on. Since Angelique also appears in The Foe of Barnabas Collins he offered to have Lara sign it. He never sent it back and stopped answering my emails. I was later told he sold a copy of the novel on EBay signed by Frid and Parker. Coincidence? He also owes a dear friend of mine a great deal of money which he borrowed and is seemingly unwilling to ever pay back. It's been 7 years since she told me about it.  So as I said, if Warner Brothers comes back looking to hang him, I'll donate the rope.

Online Uncle Roger

• View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 30, 2017, 11:26:20 PM »
Doctor, I know exactly who you're referring to and I am totally in agreement with you. The culprits have a long history of conning fans out of money and other personal items. Including me. To my knowledge, they have never once returned anything. They just break communication and move onto the next mark. Karma payback is long overdue.
Fade Away and Radiate