Author Topic: WB ORDERS FILMING OF NEW DS PILOT  (Read 173570 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:WB ORDERS FILMING OF NEW DS PILOT
« Reply #540 on: May 07, 2004, 02:12:35 AM »
Unfortuantely, my friend didn't provide the URL for the forum or the specific post or else I would post it. But maybe someone else who knows more about the WB's site can find it.

I know which poster you're talking about.  Look for the messages by Ladarkangel25 on this page:

http://talk.thewb.com/viewtopic.php?topic=269879&forum=1&17

and this one:

http://talk.thewb.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=268106&forum=1&start=50

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 07, 2004, 02:21:58 AM »
And isn't it nice to see that someone on that site decided to make up a fictitious link to Stuart's site, claiming Stuart posted info that he never did? The online behavior of some people can just never sink low enough, can it?  ::)

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #542 on: May 07, 2004, 02:39:29 AM »
I was totally unaware of that...  Whether DS flies or not this season, that's pretty low.

Sigh...
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 07, 2004, 02:43:25 AM »
Whether DS flies or not this season, that's pretty low.

The lowest.  >:(

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 07, 2004, 04:31:31 AM »
Getting this thread back on topic, here's an article about Frankenstein's appearance in the film Van Helsing (which opens tomorrow) that mentions DS in general and the pilot in particular:

He's not alone out there

Of course, it implies that a new DS series has already gone into production, which isn't true. But, hey, at least they're not blaming DS for Angel's cancellation.  [wink2]

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 07, 2004, 05:12:13 AM »
One post has already been removed.  Let's stick to the topic and refrain from making personal cracks about other fans.  Thanks!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 07, 2004, 06:58:53 AM »
Variety has a new article about the buzz certain pilots are generating, both good and bad. (The WB's only mention is for Jack and Bobby.) But what I loved about the article was this bit here:

As for show buzz, here's the latest -- with the very strong caveat that what's "dead" today could be "the next 'Friends' " a week from now:

So, even Variety is saying not to necessarily believe anything that we're hearing.  [b003]

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #547 on: May 07, 2004, 01:45:44 PM »
Interesting that other board. .things might get a bit warm in here but at least we remain civil or is it that our 'moderators' lead us to believe that?  ;)
Julia99

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 07, 2004, 04:04:55 PM »
things might get a bit warm in here but at least we remain civil or is it that our 'moderators' lead us to believe that?  ;-)

Ha ha!  Yes, the members couldn't be more fantastic and the mods couldn't be more fortunate.

Nancy

« Reply #549 on: May 07, 2004, 06:29:56 PM »
I question the emails only because they were also sent to some individuals who do not have websites and aren't really involved in fandom other than posting on a list or board. I found this out today.  It seems to be an attempt just to get the rumor mill going, as if any effort was needed to do that.

It seems strange for someone who indeed knew something who sent emails to "uninvolved" DS fans and also to a site known for being credible such as BarnabasUndead.  Looks like an evil plot to me. :-X

Nancy

The barnabasundead site is reporting that they've received two unrelated e-mails claiming that the WB will not be picking up the DS pilot.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 08, 2004, 06:34:13 AM »
Does any one here know for a fact if the DS pilot was actually screened? Secondly, does anyone know here what the WB's executives' reaction was to the pilot?
Regarding the posted rumors, perhaps the executives were not happy with the pilot if it had been seen. In my opinion when two high ranking WB executives stated pubicly that ,{ DS is one of our top priorities and the fact it has been off the the air for so many years, and there is still a following for the franchise, makes it appealing to us.
Another executive as MB pointed out stated that DS has vast potential} it would seem to me that if they had a problem with the pilot ( perhaps Darren knows something) the WB would not simply abondoned the DS project which was developed soley for them. Perhaps they will ask the producers to shoot different scenes and to fine tune the pilot for a mid-season replacement consideration. Another possible option is having the DS producers sell it to another network for a mid-season replacement and or convert the pilot into a theatrical movie. Of course the best option is to have DS make the fall schedule. What do you think?.

Does any one know where the Old house was filmed as it was not mentioned in Shadowgram. What does the people here think about the Barnabas portrait in Shadowgram. Looks Californian to me which is not a bad thing?

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 08, 2004, 07:17:44 AM »
Jimbo, in case it will help to answer one of your questions, this is from an article in today's (Friday's) L.A. Times called Jack and Bobby:

"TV executives are cooped up in screening rooms this week, viewing pilots that producers have spent the last few months frantically assembling.  From this crop, the networks will pick their fall schedules, which are due to be announced the week of May 17. ..."

The article then talks about how the WB Network got an early jump on competitors by ordering 13 eps of J and B.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 08, 2004, 07:27:14 AM »
Thanks Midnite. It does raise the issues in my last post. I was hoping that perhaps someone here in the know could dispel the rumors that the WB screened the DS pilot and subsequently passed on the pilot. I had thought for a second that  the insiders here were very silent on this issue which may mean that the rumor(s) is true. Simpy, if I knew that it had yet to be screened, I would feel a lot better.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 08, 2004, 08:30:40 AM »
If anyone knew for a fact that the pilot had been passed on, why would we remain silent? It wouldn't be good news, but it would be news we would report just the same.

According to a person who would certainly appear to work for the WB and who posts on the General board on their official forum, the DS pilot was only viewed on Wednesday. So, unless the pilot turned out to be so incredibly awful that they were completely disappointed with it, it seems unlikely they would have made any decison so quickly. And for what it's worth, the same person posted on Friday that absolutely nothing has been decided regarding DS.

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 08, 2004, 12:59:16 PM »
Unsubstantiated, anonymous rumours should be ignored.  Discussing them is the reaction the instigators are looking for.  I think we can find more worthwhile topics to discuss.

Like, is the cast too young??  ;)

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995