Author Topic: WB ORDERS FILMING OF NEW DS PILOT  (Read 173497 times)

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: WB ORDERS FILMING OF NEW DS PILOT
« Reply #915 on: April 08, 2017, 02:16:08 PM »
i really don't know how marketable the pilot is on it's own. didn't someone suggest it might be included in a larger package of DS "oddities" like The House and a few other odds and ends? to me that seems more plausible given how the company has marketed things in the past.
Yes, it was never announced at the Festival but the program lists several video offerings under the umbrella title "Dark Shadows-Lost and Found." The same thing happened with "Dark Shadows-Bloopers and Treasures." I was madly trying to audio tape some of the stuff and then found out they were coming out  soon on DVD under the title listed in the program. I know that Pierson said there would be a video release soon at the Festival last summer. I think he mentioned a documentary.     It might be some kind of overview of DS along with some "Lost and Found" items, or maybe it's another release. I might be recalling the documentary thing wrong, because no one else seems to remember it.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 08, 2017, 05:24:01 PM »
ShadowGram has mentioned the documentary a few times but never with any details. Supposedly a "teaser trailer" was going to be shown at the Halloween In Hollywood event last October, but it was never shown due to what they called a "delivery error". And back in November SG said they would "update definite information on this exciting full-length feature project very soon" - but five months later we still don't know any more about it other than a rumor that apparently the release has been delayed for some reason.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 08, 2017, 05:42:21 PM »
A few people mentioned seeing a video crew around the Tarrytown Double Tree last summer. Maybe I was preoccupied but I never saw anything like that. Anybody here see anything? Or see anyone being interviewed, fans or actors?  [easter_huh]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 08, 2017, 07:49:45 PM »
Maybe the new disc has been put on hold for a Halloween release?  Let's hope we hear something eventually.

I appreciate what folks here have shared about what was said, or at least scheduled, regarding the new release last year.

G.

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 09, 2017, 01:29:56 AM »
A few people mentioned seeing a video crew around the Tarrytown Double Tree last summer. Maybe I was preoccupied but I never saw anything like that. Anybody here see anything? Or see anyone being interviewed, fans or actors?  [easter_huh]
Yes it was shown at the Festival this past summer. It was listed as a surprise or something like that and was prefaced as "Dark Shadows-Lost and Found."

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 09, 2017, 05:14:03 AM »

Yes.  And the same crew trailed KLS to W. 53rd.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 01, 2017, 07:27:51 PM »
I have to say I love this capture from the pilot:

But then, if you'd just found out that someone you know had been attacked by a human with a "blood obsession", you might have a similar expression to one of the ones on these three men's faces on your face!!  [nodassent]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: August 05, 2017, 12:18:17 AM »
Another cut in the YouTube version of the pilot occurred to me today when I saw today's entry in the pilot's slideshow. In the version I saw of the pilot, on the subject of restoring the Old House, Barnabas says "Our family goes back hundreds of years... for much of that time, the old house was their home. May I have your permission", which was yesterday's installment in the slideshow - and Roger replies with "As long as I'm not involved. Welcome...to Collinsport", today's installment in the slideshow. However, in the YouTube version, the scene ends with Barnabas asking for permission - Roger never responds. Who knows why Roger's answer and welcome to Collinsport was cut? But then, who knows why a lot of things that were done in the YouTube version were done...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: August 06, 2017, 06:02:01 PM »
ShadowGram has mentioned the documentary a few times but never with any details. ... back in November SG said they would "update definite information on this exciting full-length feature project very soon" - but five months later we still don't know any more about it other than a rumor that apparently the release has been delayed for some reason.
Maybe the new disc has been put on hold for a Halloween release?  Let's hope we hear something eventually.

Here we are four months later and still no update. But if any sort of new DVD (potentially including the YouTube version of the pilot) is to come out for Halloween '17, one would presume we'll be hearing something within the next two months or so...

Although, that being said, the soundtrack CD for the '91 DS came out without any advance warning. It just showed up for sale out of nowhere...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: August 14, 2017, 01:49:20 AM »
MB, you know I am just hanging on here for dear life, praying that by some act of divine intervention, the disc WILL be released before the end of the year and Grayson's Playtex commercial WILL be included... the Legend continues...

G.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: August 14, 2017, 06:51:13 PM »
Fab shots in the new August collage.  For some reason, it just now showed up for me. 

G.

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #926 on: August 16, 2017, 04:43:25 PM »
Speaking of the 91 series soundtrack, I just got around to getting it on Amazon and listening to it now... it's terrific. Makes me miss the show and what it could have been had it continued even more.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 23, 2018, 10:31:26 PM »
Quite by accident, while confirming info on IMDb for a previous post, I came across this link:

https://archive.org/details/youtube-Kc4QPTHNC2I

And that's all I'm going to say on the subject.  [easter_lipsrsealed]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 23, 2018, 10:39:25 PM »
And speaking of IMDb, until today I'd never bothered to read the summary of the pilot there. Interestingly enough, it describes certain scenes completely out of sequence. And while normally I wouldn't think much of that, given that the version of the pilot that was once on YouTube rearranged/added/dropped/trimmed/extended scenes differently from the version of the pilot that was screened at at least its early Fest showings, it makes one wonder if there's yet another edit of the pilot out there somewhere?  [easter_huh]

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 24, 2018, 07:52:56 PM »
I guess it's possible that there might have been several "work prints" in different stages of completion. And it's good to know that it just won't stay dead.
Fade Away and Radiate