Author Topic: **‘Dark Shadows’ Gets New Blood As CW, Warner Bros Television Set Pilot Script Deal**  (Read 22811 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
An Update that seems to confirm what we've been learning from recent articles:

Arrow Spinoff, The 100 Prequel Still Under Consideration at The CW

'Similarly, the long-gestating, oft-revisited The Lost Boys pilot has been “rolled” to the next development cycle, while the Dark Shadows sequel announced in September has yet to make it to the pilot stage.'

Why is DS:R's development taking so long? Hell if any of us know! As I've been lamenting, beyond the largely heralded September announcement and the reports as recent as less than a month ago that it's still in development, forget any sort of details, there hasn't even been word one since September. Though I'm sure that once they're ready to tell us something, they will. Just who knows when that will be? And who knows if Mark Perry has even written a completed script? (Or if he has but he's been making changes requested by the CW and/or fellow producers?)  But then, as bad as we might think things may have been for us, think of what it's been like for fans of The Lost Boys because apparently now they'll be waiting for 3 years to see if that project moves forward to series...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
updates from The CW

"He reassured The 100 viewers, too, that its prequel series is still in development, as is The CW's Dark Shadows sequel."

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Thought some people might be interested in this:

Making Movies is Hard: Episode 260 - Creating a Sustainable Career Making Feature Films with Bradley Gallo!

I haven't had the chance to listen to it...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
This article seems to imply that The CW has already decided to produce DS:R.

Could The CW Renew Swamp Thing or iTell Me a Story?
With The CW broadcasting episodes of Swamp Thing and Tell Me a Story, the door is open for the network to renew the shows.

That would be nice if it was true. But as we all know the truth is DS:R is still in development...

(I can't speak about Swamp Thing because I've never watched that, but I can definitely recommend Tell Me a Story. However, I would recommend watching it on Netflix because I strongly suspect an edited version of the show will be shown on The CW.)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Perhaps already posted in this very long thread--I just noticed that popular DS blogger Danny Horn offered his thoughts on the "reboot" (which is now completely dead in the water, along with all other current TV production, not to mention projects such as this that are not on any schedule currently pending) here:

https://darkshadowseveryday.com/2019/10/02/episode-1170/

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Believe it or not, some shows are actually coming back from the dead. One of CBS soaps has begun production with the other planning to go back into production in July. And a few primetime TV shows that shoot in Vancover are also making plans to get back to work in July. But while California's Governor Gavin Newsom issued guidelines for restarting film and TV production and said it could begin as early as June 12th, I haven't seen where any primetime shows have actually gone back to work yet. They're probably still working out the logistics...

The good thing about DS:R is that according to several reliable sources we know that it's still on the CW's development slate. Though as I often lament, when we might find out what's actually going on is anyone's guess. Plus, so far as I've seen, a potential writers' strike is not 100% out of the realm of possibility. Progress has been made, but the finale deals have yet to be worked out...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Now that CA has seen a spike in its cases, one does have to wonder how many shows will move forward with production? Apparently many of the cases are due to people attending large family gatherings, which people should be refraining from doing. And what is production of a TV show if it isn't akin to a large family gathering? However, the CBS soap The Bold and the Beautiful hasn't shut down production and has put out a statement that any reports to the contrary are false...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, now I see where General Hospital has announced it's going back into production in July.

It will definitely be interesting to see if any of these shows announcing July production starts actually go back into production then...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Was this guy intoxicated?

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I don't think so - all of his videos that I've received alerts for are basically just like that one. He seems like he just starts speaking off the cuff with just a basic plan of what he wants to say.

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Well, you had me on this one. From the header, I thought it was coming from one of those "respected sources in the industry" not from a guy who looks like he spends too much time in his mom's basement.... I know mean but ... I m surprised he didn't say let's do a reboot of Cheers but have it set in the Blue Whale.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I guess the author of this is unaware that DS:R is in development from Warner Bros for the CW...

7 Horror Movies Warner Bros Could Turn into HBO Max Series

Though HBO Max could be an interesting home...

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
I like the HBO Max idea. Really, any streaming service would allow the series to conquer more adult topics without having to bend to the will of primetime censors. They could also do a darker take than what the CW is after, I'm sure.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran