Author Topic: **‘Dark Shadows’ Gets New Blood As CW, Warner Bros Television Set Pilot Script Deal**  (Read 22929 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Patti. David could be in S.A. looking into what happened to his real father... Burke Devlin... bum Bum BUM!!!

But only if Liz remembered the city was Belem.  [snow_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, at this point in '04 we already knew that the WB was moving forward with their DS pilot. But apparently the CW is holding whatever their decision will be much closer to their vest when it comes to Mark Perry's script...

If the CW operated like the other networks, we may have actually known their decision a while ago because more than likely they would have had a panel at the TCA (Television Critics Association) Upfronts because that's where/when the networks announce their plans for the next season. But for the second year in a row the CW (and only the CW) did not hold a TCA Upfront panel, mostly because they'd already announced the renewals of most of their shows...

It certainly appears the CW really wants to drag out the suspense when it comes to what pilots they plan to make...

Online B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
i just want to know if they are actually going to do it and if what cast will be in it etc.. the usual stuff it really breaks my heart that John Karlen won't be part of it as i'm sure he would have loved to be in it. i would not be surprised at all if he did want to do it.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Green Hornet’ Becomes an Independent Superhero as Amasia Entertainment Grabs Franchise Rights

Sadly, when it comes to Dark Shadows: Reincarnation, all the article says is that Amasia also has a deal with the CW to develop it...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And this one simply says Amasia is also executive producing Dark Shadows: Reincarnation at The CW.

‘The Green Hornet’ Film Rights Scooped up By Amasia Entertainment

Though neither article really needs to say anything about DS:R at all because it's not what's being announced. But the fact that it is being mentioned is nice.

What might be really interesting to know is if the authors of these articles are bringing DS:R into it on their own or if Amasia is being sure to mention their involvement...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, the CW has finally ordered two pilots, neither of which is Dark Shadows: Reincarnation:

Female-Led Kung Fu Reboot, Former Sarah Drew Vehicle Get CW Pilot Orders

The fact that DS:R is not among these two leads me to believe the CW may have some reservations about how the show is developing. However, that doesn't necessarily mean all is lost. Pilot development can often stretch over more than one season. Evidence of that is the fact that the article states:

"The Republic of Sarah, penned by Jeffrey Paul King (Elementary), was originally cast and piloted at CBS last spring, with Grey’s Anatomy doc Sarah Drew as the lead. The CW’s version tweaks the premise slightly"

Though that doesn't necessarily mean there's no chance for this year (or at all). It really all depends. Particularly whether the CW really does have a problem or there's some other reason(s) for a delay in a decision. If it really is a case that the CW may not like something, it may just be a case of can Amasia fix things this year or not (or at all) to bring things around to the CW's liking...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, at least the good news is there's nothing at the #darkshadowsreincarnation Twitter hashtag that says the project is dead. Nor does a Google search bring up an article like that. In fact a Google search brings up that the project has an IMDb page (which I never even considered it might have). However, details on the project can only be viewed by IMDbPro members. I was a member during development and production of the 2012 DS, but I'm not a member any longer. I can't take advantage of a 30 day free trial because I already did so before I became a member back then. And I don't want to rejoin because there may not really be much of any info there, so paying $19.99 just to have a look-see could prove a waste. But if anyone who has never been a member wants to take advantage of the free trial and then report back, please feel more than free.  [snow_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Several people commenting on the tvline.com article are upset the DS:R project hasn't been ordered to pilot yet, which actually prompted the author of the article, who also happens to be an exec at the site, to remind:

Matt Webb Mitovich says:
January 30, 2020 at 5:29 PM
The CW still has a couple pilots left to order………. It’s [checks calendar] only Jan. 30.

(That 5:29 PM is PT, so if you're ET, it was posted at 8:29.)

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
When it comes to Dark Shadows, you can never say never. However, when you factor in the CW renewing almost it's entire lineup, then giving Walker a series order and Kung Fu a pilot order all over Dark Shadows - I'm afraid it's nothing but bad news. Besides the fact the odds were only iffy at best that a spot would be given for DS at CW this year, now I think the script is headed for the shelf ...at least for this year.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Something I didn't realize until I read up on the Kung Fu project, not only did the CW pick up The Republic of Sarah from CBS, where it was developed last year, but it picked up Kung Fu from Fox, where it was also developed last year, so each of those projects had full crews already in place, which, to our knowledge, DS:R does not. So given that, I can now easily understand why both of those projects were given pilot orders ahead of DS:R.

Also, given that the CW supposedly still has openings this year for two more pilots, I wouldn't necessarily count it out as potentially getting one of those openings. But if not, and if the CW is high enough on DS:R, they may hold onto it for somewhere down the road, or even one of the CW's sister networks may move ahead with it. I suppose only time will tell...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Also, given that the CW supposedly still has openings this year for two more pilots, I wouldn't necessarily count it out as potentially getting one of those openings.

Or maybe not:

Revamped Lost Boys Among 2 New Pilots Ordered at The CW

The other pilot ordered is for "the drama Maverick from Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage" (it has nothing to do with the old James Garner series).

And again, The Lost Boys is left over from last year at the CW. I know nothing about Maverick.

If tvline.com is right that the CW only planned to pick up two more pilots, then I guess the only thing we can do now is wait for word from ShadowGram or some other source as to what the future may hold for DS:R. As of right now there's nothing new posted on the #darkshadowsreincarnation Twitter feed...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
According to this article -

The Lost Boys’ Reboot & First Daughter Drama ‘Maverick’ Get the CW Pilot Orders

- the CW has indeed ordered all the pilots they are going to this year:

"Like clockwork — the CW once again is done with its pilot orders by Feb.1, doing the bulk of its pickups during the last week of January."

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Not a peep out of #darkshadowsreincarnation, Amasia Entertainment, Mark B. Perry, The CW, or warnerbrostv's Twitter feed. Or DarkShadowsNews' Twitter feed.

I don't quite know what that means. Perhaps it's just too early to hear anything...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Still not a peep from any of the Twitter feeds I mentioned yesterday. And again people commenting at tvline.com -

Revamped Lost Boys Among 2 New Pilots Ordered at The CW

- are wondering what the status of DS:R is. One is wondering if it's dead - another is still begging the CW (hoping that they're reading the comments) to pick up DS:R. It's unfortunate that the CW made their announcement of the final two pilot pickups late on a Friday because it may be likely that any sort of official comment regarding DS:R may not be made on the weekend or before Monday. Though if DS:R is still in play in some way, nothing may even be said then because negotiations could be ongoing. It's unlikely that before the CW issued their announcement of the final two pilots TPTB behind DS:R didn't get some sort of notification from the CW that DS:R wasn't getting a pilot order. But who knows if that's the end of it and the CW also informed TPTB that the project is indeed completely dead? Or if in a somewhat similar vein to The Lost Boys, the CW is willing to allow changes for future consideration? Or even if, as I mentioned yesterday, one of the CW's sister networks may be interested? We might have to endure silence on the DS:R front for a while before we find out its official status...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
It's interesting to see that nearly every entertainment site that I visit regularly (six of them) has at least one comment to its The Lost Boys/Maverick pilot pickup article asking what the status of Dark Shadows: Reincarnation is though no one is asking the status of any of the other potential pilots that didn't get a pickup. If only the CW actually was paying attention to such comments and lack thereof. Though that's most probably very unlikely...