Author Topic: **‘Dark Shadows’ Gets New Blood As CW, Warner Bros Television Set Pilot Script Deal**  (Read 22939 times)

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile
First off:

Welcome Back

Patrick M, VictoriaWintersFan and tragic bat!

I've seen stuff on FB about a reboot.

A sequel would be good; Carolyn would be the matriarch, widowed of Sebastion Shaw.

David's daughter would live there, as would the great-grandniece of Eliot Stokes.

Imagine 2 teen daughter's living at Collinwood.

The ghosts would HAVE to scare them for Carolyn's sanity!!

Willie would be elderly and living on the great estate.

There would be a full-time landscaper, instead of alllllllllll the trees, Collinwood would have a proper English garden!

Even all of this going on, Carolyn is sort-of being pressured to take in a way-ward 10 year old boy, named Drake.

Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Could the CW have both a Lost Boys series and a Dark Shadows series? Sure - they already seem to have 1001 super hero series! And judging by the LB movie, which the pilot was closely based on, LB and DS aren't really anything alike. But only time is going to tell how things will play out...

Thanks for bringing up this Lost Boys adaptation. I haven't heard of that at all. Though, I do agree with your point that if the CW is going back and forth a lot on that project perhaps it does give some hope to DS taking over the Supernatural spot. Also true that if they can have many superhero shows, they can also have several soapy supernatural type dramas as well.

Truth be told, I haven't watched anything on the CW in YEARS. I used to watch Supernatural but stopped after about season 4. Imagine my surprise when I realized a few years back that it was STILL on. The CW pretty much lost me as a viewer when it was created and they axed several of my favorite shows (Angel and Everwood to name two) because they were looking to keep shows from both UPN and the WB as well as create new content. A new DS would definitely bring me back to the channel, though I can't say for sure if I'd watch anything else they have to offer. I've considered jumping into the Arrowverse, but it's so vast at this point I'm afraid I wouldn't have time to catch up with everything.

Getting back to DS, I am not looking forward to the constant back and forth arguing that exists online. I remember some very heated discussions popping up around the 2004 pilot and, of course, everyone's favorite movie version of DS from 2012. On the one hand, I suppose that's what keeps this fandom alive--the passionate fanbase. On the other, it can surely be a detriment because there is no way to please everyone. For the good of any future versions of DS, I'm hopeful that something great can be done with the property and that fans can allow that to happen and reserve judgment.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Online Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
If this actually comes to fruition and I so much as see ONE palm tree, I'm going to throw my Joesette's Music Box through the TV screen.

Gerard

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
 [pointing-up]  You do realize that will only hurt you...

Online Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
It's the principle of the thing, MB.  Palm trees, palm trees palm trees PALM TREES!

It's Maine!

Gerard

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
If this actually comes to fruition and I so much as see ONE palm tree, I'm going to throw my Joesette's Music Box through the TV screen.

Completely agree. Between that, and some of the extremely obvious scenes shot during the daylight hours while attempting to block the bright, California sun, those two things alone nearly ruin the 91 show for me whenever I attempt to watch it.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Ah yes, the little known fact that thanks to technological advances, the Collins family in the 1980s pioneered the commercial growth of date palms in Collinsport... Maine residents found it all baffling, but everybody pretended not to notice.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
As I often say, considering on the original show the grass is always green and the trees always have leaves, it's unlikely people would find palm trees out of the ordinary.  [ghost_nowink]  [ghost_grin]

Offline patrickm

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
Being from Florida, palm trees don't upset me...lol. Actually, they involve a favorite blooper of mine. In the Bond movie, You Only live Twice there is a supposed Russian space launch but as it goes up, you see palm trees in the background. Big LOL.

Online Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
In the classic '76 cinematic version of Carrie, set also in Maine, what does one see in the background, palm trees, palm trees, palm trees, PALM TREES

That's why I liked the '02 version better, filmed in Vancouver.  No palm tre.....oh, you know what I'm saying.

Once again, if I see so much as just one of those things if this gets off the ground, I'm going to you-know-who and get his lawyers on it. 

Gerard
P.S.  Join me in a class-action lawsuit.  We'd clean up. 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Some fans speculate about the new series. I don't really have time to read through all of this, but perhaps it will be of interest to some of you.

I didn't get the chance to read this until a short while ago. I was sad to read: "The show hasn't even been cast and I'm already exhausted from putting out fires online." Though even sadder, it's hardly surprising...

The people commenting in the article have some interesting takes. Not all of them I would want to see happen. But then, it's great to see that fans are engaged and more than willing to share what they might like to see. They have every right to their ideas. Though I just wish the people creating the fires were more willing to let other fans speculate without feeling the need to tear their ideas down and to, instead, disagree civilly or to wait to criticize until after more info is actually known. But having been through the initial reactions to so many previous DS projects, it's more than obvious that just is never going to happen...

Online Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
As I often say, considering on the original show the grass is always green and the trees always have leaves, it's unlikely people would find palm trees out of the ordinary.  [ghost_nowink]  [ghost_grin]

MB, are you saying that on the OS, in the middle of a sultry summer where women should've been wearing only slips to offset the heat, Julia was wearing that heavy woolen coat, and during a freezing winter, everyone ran around in sleeveless mini-things wasn't realistic?  Well, at least there weren't palm tre...again, you know what I'm saying.

Gerard

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
For some reason I suddenly feel the need to say: green grass, green leaves, GREEN GRASS, GREEN LEAVES!!

[ghost_wink]

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
For some reason I suddenly feel the need to say: green grass, green leaves, GREEN GRASS, GREEN LEAVES!!

[ghost_wink]

In the immortal words of the late, great Erma Bombeck: The Grass Is Always Greener Over The Septic Tank.
Fade Away and Radiate

Online Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
MB, back in the '90's, when  lived in Alaska, a friend came to visit me for two weeks, and he'd watch DS with me when it was re-ran on the old Sci-Fi network.  He asked me:  "Why is it always thunderstorming?"  I guess all that rain kept everything green.  Plausible explanation. 

Gerard