Author Topic: **‘Dark Shadows’ Gets New Blood As CW, Warner Bros Television Set Pilot Script Deal**  (Read 22770 times)

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
It's great that there are some many different websites picking up stories about this. It gives a wide variety of people the chance to comment in favor of (but hopefully not against) the idea of a new series. The more online traction this can gain the better for the show, especially at such a youth oriented network like The CW.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And another potential series at The CW:

The Game Revival in the Works at CW

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Hopefully in 2020 we'll get some confirmed news as to how this project is progressing. I had honestly thought we would have gotten at least some sort of confirmation about the script moving forward - but then confirmed news about all the potential CW series seems to be mostly nonexistent.

Back in '04 the WB pilot wasn't officially announced until late January, with the casting of many roles beginning to be announced in March, and actual production beginning in April. If the script does indeed move forward to a pilot order, hopefuly news will trickle out in a similar fashion. But until then, here's an opinion piece to read:

Opinion: A New Story Is Best For The CW’s Dark Shadows Reincarnation

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And how interesting that there is another link to the 2004 pilot. Let's see how long it remains available.
Fade Away and Radiate

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
 [pointing-up]  Yes, that is interesting - and you pose an excellent question...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
And how interesting that there is another link to the 2004 pilot. Let's see how long it remains available.

Well, it's still there...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I have no idea what NALIP is (though I do suspect the P stands for Producers), nor do I suspect it matters all that much, but I do find it interesting that Bradley Gallo, who's behind this DS revival, has the hashtag #darkshadowsreincarnation as part of his ID:

BRADLEY GALLO

Clicking the hashtag doesn't seem to bring up much we don't already know. But it could be advantageous to keep an eye on it...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, things just became a bit harder for a potential DS series to be picked up by the CW -

CW Renews Riverdale, Batwoman, Roswell, Black Lightning Plus 9 Others

- all because of a possible writers' strike come spring. And a strike of that sort, if it were to happen and it were to go on for an extended period, as the 2007/2008 strike did, would most probably push back the debuts of any new series the CW (and any other network) announces in May.

Though there still are a few things to keep in mind:
Even with all these early renewals, presumably, as I mentioned before, the CW would still need replacement shows for Supernatural, Arrow and The 100. And Whose Line Is It Anyway, Burden of Truth, Pandora, Penn & Teller: Fool Us and The Outpost are not among the early renewals so, if any of those series are canceled, that would mean that the CW could possibly have even more openings for new series come May. But that remains to be seen. But even with all that potential, more importantly, we don't even know if Mark Perry's DS script is even going to get a pilot order. If not, then the number of openings the CW might need to fill for next season would be moot so far as we're concerned...

The primary thing we need to do for the time being is remain hopeful that Mark Perry's script gets a pilot order...

Offline Brandon Collins

• Senior Poster
  • You have a secret, Mr. Collins.
    • View Profile
    • The Rebel
Thanks for posting this update. I wasn't aware that another writers strike was potentially on the horizon for the coming spring. That will certainly throw a wrench in things. I remember following the previous one from 2008 very closely, and a lot of shows were affected that year, some for the worse. It's possible that if that does happen maybe we can look at the following 2020/2021 season for a pilot order. Wouldn't want to push it back too long though. I always remain hopeful that DS will continue to return to the mainstream.
Brandon Collins

http://rebellionbegins.blogspot.com

Twitter: @AwesomeBran

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The CW Renews 13 Series for 2020-21, on Track for No Cancellations

It's nice to see this article from The Hollywood Reporter mentions "The network's development slate for 2020-21 includes ... a sequel to the 1960s gothic soap Dark Shadows" so at least we know the project is still on track...

I don't know if we should read anything into The Lost Boys not being mentioned. Probably not. But its omission is interesting...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Unlike the initial reports, I see where many subsequent reports about the CW's mass renewals are mentioning the DS project as either a "sequel" or "reboot" in development. Though several others are making it sound like DS is already picked up for the 2020-21 season. If only! But we know that's most probably not the case - yet...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Well, two less openings for DS:

Jared Padalecki's Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot Ordered to Series at The CW

Superman & Lois Ordered to Series at The CW, as Arrow Nears Its End

We should hear something regarding DS' fate within the next two weeks...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The primary thing we need to do for the time being is remain hopeful that Mark Perry's script gets a pilot order...

If we can judge by this list at The Hollywood Reporter -

TV Pilots 2020: The Complete Guide

- as of the publishing of the list yesterday, the script has not gotten a pilot order yet...