Author Topic: **‘Dark Shadows’ Gets New Blood As CW, Warner Bros Television Set Pilot Script Deal**  (Read 22762 times)

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
I guess all that rain kept everything green.  Plausible explanation.

Sorry. It rains frequently during the winter in New England. And in all my 60+ years of living here, there has never been one winter season in which the grass has stayed green and the trees have had green leaves.

Try again...  [ghost_wink]
Agreed. I grew up in Newport RI. The only green I saw in the winter was this oasis of spring near the heat vents from a laundromat. There was so much warm air, it never froze and you'd see grass and moss. It was bizarre but kind of fascinating. I'd often warm up there after walking from my house to the shopping center that lay about a quarter of a mile away from the laundry.

We'd have warm spells in the winter and frequent thaws. That's why the roads are so bad. I can recall a few times where it was warm enough to go without a jacket. When I was in college I was able to watch Dark Shadows on one of those freaky warm days. It got into the lower 60s and we were picking up a NY channel on VHF. I wondered if I could get New Jersey Network. Good news YES! Bad news, that day's episode was one of a few I already had on VHS! Damn!  But aside from days like that, winters were never warm enough to keep grass green throughout the winter.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
Hi MB, the only other thing about the Sleepy Hollow event I've seen on social media is a characteristic note from KLS expressing delight at the turnout, the event itself, and her intention to do it again next year.

I'm only on a couple of DS groups at this point... perhaps a fan who is on more will have seen something else about the afternoon. But I suspect nothing worth discussing was mentioned, because if it had been, it would most likely be making the rounds by now.

G.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I suspect nothing worth discussing was mentioned, because if it had been, it would most likely be making the rounds by now.

Exactly my thought. Presumably the "exciting new project" was the Frid documentary. And I'm sure that is exciting for many fans and I am happy for them. Though as a DS fan who's been one for more than 50 years, and as someone who's already collected all sorts of things about Frid, I suspect there won't be much, if anything, about him in the documentary that I and others like me don't already know, so my excitement level for the documentary's announcement isn't as high as new info on a new project like the pilot would have been. And I should have known through much past experience with these sorts of things that "debut details" was simply code for "all we're going to share is what's already known." Foolish me for letting myself think it might have been otherwise. But there will come a time when we do actually get info that will be new. So I suppose we'll just have to hold out until that time arrives...

Thanks for weighing in, Gothick.  [hall2_smiley]

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Doctor, we've had bizarre winters like that here in Wisconsin.  I remember a Christmas where it was in the sixties.  One year, in February, the temps rose to the sixties and things started to bloom.  Other winters (not Victoria), we'd get pounded by snow and ice and sub-freezing temps and it would stay like that until April.  So I guess Collinsport isn't much different.

Gerard

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
I keep forgetting to post about this potential competition for DS:

Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot, Starring Jared Padalecki, Headed to The CW

But that's actually given me time to read several different industry impressions of how people think it might fare. Actually, most thoughts seem to fall into two categories. One believes that because Jared Padalecki has been with the CW (and the WB before it) for so many successful years (having been with Supernatural for 15 seasons, and 5 seasons of Gilmore Girls before it) the show is a shoo-in. But there's also the one that believes a show like Walker, Texas Ranger is just too different from the CW's usual brand and that its chances are iffy at the CW and would be better suited for the CW's sister network CBS or even the streamer CBS All Access. I suppose we'll see...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
More potential competition for DS:

Good Christian Bitches Reboot in Development at The CW (Again!)

I loved the original ABC version. Unfortunately, its humor was probably before its time. And as the article mentions, this is actually the CW's second attempt to adapt it because they tried to do so back in 2018. Maybe the third time will be the charm. Or perhaps not because as I mentioned back in '04 with regard the WB DS pilot, it's always best to keep in mind that probably a good 75% of pilots never see the light of day as series...

But before you start asking yourself why you should have even the slightest hope for a potential DS on the CW, there is something else to keep in mind - something that is very important. Unlike, say, 2018, when the CW renewed its entire slate of shows and didn't need any new shows for its next season, this season the CW has three shows in their final seasons on the network: Supernatural, Arrow, and The 100. So, that means they will need three new shows to replace them - and if they cancel anything, they would need even more...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
The 100 Prequel Spinoff Eyed at CW

It should be interesting to see how this fares because you may or may not know that neither of the two potential spinoffs of Supernatural ever moved forward...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Superman & Lois Series in Development at The CW, Starring Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch — Get Details

This could be interesting - especially if you were a fan of Teen Wolf and/or Grimm, which I was...

Also take note of the mention in the article of "a backdoor pilot for a Green Arrow and the Canaries spinoff."

Offline Patti Feinberg

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
    • View Profile

Call me a pessimist. 

Gerard

pessimist

[Frank] Patti
What a Woman!

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
They could film in N.E. GA, more north of where I live.

I believe I've stated on here that once upon a looooong time ago, we were going to move to Maine.

Patti
What a Woman!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile

Offline Patti Feinberg

• DSF God
    • View Profile
I'm sorry, did I miss where it says the time slots of W, TR or DS re-boot?

I would like to see M. Phiffer as a more 'maternal' matriach, like J. Bennett was.

Patti
What a Woman!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Basically the same as what we've been saying -

4 upcoming CW series that can fill the Supernatural void coming in May 2020

- but it's nice to see someone else saying it too...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows Sequel: Has A Release Date Finally Been Set?

We may not know much about it, but it's definitely more than a rumor...