Author Topic: And Even Yet Another New Slideshow  (Read 97963 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: And Even Yet Another New Slideshow
« Reply #210 on: April 01, 2014, 04:36:06 AM »
Instead of asking today's full quote -

Page 14 - Willie: 'What, tonight?'

- what Willie simply asks rather incredulously is "Tonight?!"

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 02, 2014, 04:52:22 AM »
Today's quote -

Page 14 - Kelly: 'Timing's perfect. If we need to break a few doors, Collins will figure it was a Halloween prank.'

- is where Kelley gets a bit added to her scripted dialogue to replace what was dropped because, after Willie sighs after realizing she wants to go that night, what she says in the pilot is "Why not? If we have to break open a few doors, Collins will think it was a Halloween prank." Though she also loses the "Timing's perfect" bit.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 03, 2014, 04:24:48 AM »
The very slight difference between today's quote -

Page 14 - Willie: 'And if I get caught, I can kiss this job goodbye.'

- and what Willie says in the pilot is that he says "And if I get caught, I can kiss my job goodbye." And because the difference is so slight, it may have simply been Matt Czuchry's way of saying it.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 04, 2014, 04:48:04 AM »
Before we get into today's quote it's worth mentioning that the script indicates before Kelly delivers the quote:

Kelly slides close to Willie, seductive, running her hand across his chest.

And though they're not in the kitchen as they have been in the script, that bit of direction is a lot more interesting taking place in Willie's bed. And it's at that point that Kelly delivers today's quote -

Page 15 - Kelly: 'We don't do this, you can say goodbye to something else.'

- though what she actually says in the pilot in a kitteny with claws manner is "And if you don't do it, you can kiss something else goodbye."

The script then goes on with:

As her hands slide down his stomach to his jeans, Willie CHUCKS his empty beer bottle across the room.

WILLIE
Hell with it.

OFF Willie, seduced...

But as we know, Willie doesn't have a beer bottle in the pilot. And his "Hell with it" was also dropped. But he's been no less seduced by Kelly. And quite effectively so.

And with that it's the end of that scene. And interestingly enough, the next scene is another type of attempted seduction - though not nearly as effective. But we'll see how that begins to play out tomorrow...

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 04, 2014, 07:34:33 PM »
Today's quote lost me, MB! 

Is this really how the new scene starts? 

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 04, 2014, 08:09:32 PM »
Yes, it really is how it starts. And all will become clear before too long. Just keep "seduction" in mind.  [snow_wink]

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 06, 2014, 02:36:08 AM »
K.  I was afraid I missed something!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 06, 2014, 03:50:04 AM »
Well, it's not entirely your fault because normally I would have set the new scene long before now. But the last few days I've been battling a terrible cold, and my head is in such a fog that stringing together even just three sentences with any sort of coherence is a major accomplishment. There's no way yet that I'm quite up to doing what needs to be done for this new scene. But soon...

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 06, 2014, 07:48:04 AM »
Get well, MB!  Don't worry about us.  As long as we know who is saying what, I think we'll be good for the time being.  Now if we didn't have names or pictures...  Then we'd be imagining all kinds of "seduction" with all varieties of people.  This is a show about "incestors" after all!   

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 06, 2014, 08:21:22 PM »
So, Joe is going to seduce Willie??? Hahahahaha!  you just KNEW I had to go there darlingest Misterioso.

Hope you feel better.  Take it easy and be kind to yourself till then!

Best,

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 07, 2014, 08:48:48 PM »
Before we even begin to get into quotes from the current scene in the slideshow, it's much more important to point out that it appears a good deal later in the pilot than it does in the script. But as we've indicated, the slideshow is following the order everything appears in the script, so rather than later, the scene comes up in the slideshow now. However, to once again help to illustrate the differences between the script and the pilot, here's another chart to show what we've covered in the script/pilot so far, where this scene appears in the script, and where it appears in the pilot:

As you can see, it appears of as if nine scenes that come up in the script after this scene jump up to appear in the pilot before it. And while technically that is true, in actual fact it's more like two sequences, one comprised of four connected scenes in changing locations, and one comprised of five connected scenes in changing locations, jump up in the pilot to appear before it. The connection between the scenes within each group is why only two colors have been used in the chart to indicate where the nine scenes have jumped to in the pilot from their places in the script. It all may seem a bit confusing - but things really will become much clearer once all the scenes begin to play out and we see how they're connected.

As for setting the scene and starting to dissect the quotes, that will begin in my next post...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 07, 2014, 10:44:47 PM »
The script describes the exterior of the current scene as follows:

EXT. DOCK AREA - COLLINSPORT - NIGHT

As a FOGHORN sounds, the town's fishing fleet is moored in the calm harbor. Most of the boats are dark, but one is dimly lit, orange light visible behind a fogged porthole.

Similar in the pilot with the exception of any foghorn sounds. And BTW, just as with the '91 DS, San Pedro's Ports O'Call stands in for Collinsport and its harbor. And while it's not an official photo connected to the pilot, the background photo used for the graphics for this scene is a actual shot of the location.

And before we get to the interior scene, I need to explain that because there aren't any publicly available photos of Jason Shaw as Joe (though let's not forget the forum's fantasy poster -
WB DS Ad Campaign?
- featuring Shaw), I chose to use a shot of him from a guest appearance on the WB's Charmed because it was shot not all that long before Shaw was cast in the DS pilot. And as a reminder, you will always know when a photo is not an official photo related to the pilot if you see it presented as an oval in a graphic.  [snow_wink]

And with all that out of the way, the script describes the beginning of the interior scene as follows:

INT. CABIN - JOE HASKELL'S BOAT - NIGHT

There's RUSTLING and GIGGLING as CAMERA PANS past an empty champagne bottle, a pair of pants, and finally the BED, where CAROLYN, half-dressed under the sheets, is nuzzling.

JOE HASKELL (handsome, 20s).

Carolyn kisses Joe passionately, almost desperately. Clearly overwhelmed, Joe finally raises his hands, "I give."

And it is at that point that April 4th's quote comes up:

Page 15 - Joe: 'Easy! We haven't fogged up the windows since High School.'

However, in the pilot, after giggling at the realization, Joe simply says "We fogged up the windows."

And it's also worth noting that Coldplay's "In My Place" plays in the background of the scene. Lyrically speaking it's a perfect choice to underscore the real dynamic of the scene, which we have yet to hit upon...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 07, 2014, 11:02:58 PM »
After also having a good laugh, Carolyn delivers the quote for April 5th -

Page 15 - Carolyn: 'That's what you get for planning a two-week fishing trip.'

- and she delivers it exactly as scripted. However, continuing to play the scene as scripted ends there because the next three quotes in the slideshow (those for yesterday, today, and tomorrow) were all dropped from the scene. Also, the mood of the scene will soon change abruptly (as is often the case in the DS universe whenever a Carolyn is involved). But we'll start to get into that with the quote for the 9th...

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 07, 2014, 11:26:04 PM »
Gawd!  sorry to sound like a broken record, but this is one scene I don't recall at all. 

I did enjoy very much revisiting MB's brilliant ad for the series featuring Mr. Shaw in nearly all of his glory...

Can't wait to see how this scene develops!

Thanks so much again MB!

G.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 08, 2014, 01:59:58 AM »
Haha!  Fun ad, MB!

Thanks so much for taking the time to catch us up!  I hope you are feeling better!