Author Topic: And Even Yet Another New Slideshow  (Read 98325 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: And Even Yet Another New Slideshow
« Reply #690 on: July 16, 2020, 12:40:20 AM »
It's really too bad that today's entry in this slideshow didn't happen yesterday - or maybe it's that yesterday's entry in the "MUST" slideshow didn't happen today. It would have been great if they'd completely coincided. But even coming up a day apart, today's entry proves how truly Classic DS some moments of the '04 DS pilot are. Yesterday's entry in the "MUST" slideshow brought up an excerpt from Robservations that included Liz delivering her tried and true "Please, Roger" an occasional variation of "Roger, please." Both are delivered whenever Liz believes Roger has stepped over a line. Yesterday's example was prompted by the original Roger making snide comments about Jason staying at Collinwood. Today's example was prompted by the '04 Roger making a snide comment about Barnabas' existence on the family tree. Classic DS either way!

And to better appreciate today's example, rather than use the graphic that I made before there was any access to a copy of the pilot, here's a screen cap of the actual moment:

Liz - 'Roger, please.'

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 27, 2020, 11:34:05 AM »
I know I've said this before, but I can never point out too often that yesterday/today's exchange between Vicki and Barnabas is one of my absolute favorite moments in the pilot:

"Have we met?"
514X360

"I would have remembered."
514X360

The change of Vicki and not Barnabas being the first to acknowledge their connection can't help but make one wonder what other types of changes there might have been had the pilot gone to series...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 14, 2021, 05:46:05 PM »
Today's entry in the slideshow is a rather rude remark about the people of Collinsport:

Page 13 - Kelly: 'It's Collinsport, Willie. People
impress easily.'

Though it's also something that's probably quite true.  [easter_wink]  And chances are that, unlike a lot of such lines in the script, it's why it actually makes it into both the Fest version and the online version of the pilot...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 13, 2021, 06:24:07 PM »
And speaking of lines in the script that don't make it into the pilot, a perfect example of that is today's "must" quote in the slideshow:

Page 29 - Hoffman: 'Ben Griffin found her inside his
garage. From the look of things, she must have fallen
through the skylight.'

And as anyone who's seen any version of the pilot knows, the reason the lines don't appear in the pilot is because parts of Carolyn's attack were staged very differently from they way they appear in the script. All of that is explained in this topic in this post:
Reply #317

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 07, 2021, 03:06:23 PM »
And today we have another "must" quote in the slideshow for the pilot:

Page 32 - Barnabas: 'A tragic lack of imagination on the
part of my parents. (kissing her hand) You must be my
cousin Elizabeth.'