Author Topic: And Even Yet Another New Slideshow  (Read 97910 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: And Even Yet Another New Slideshow
« Reply #165 on: March 08, 2014, 06:54:14 AM »
Gothick and Cousin Barnabas, if you stroll through the psychology section in Barnes & Noble, I bet you'll spot a number of books with "shrink" in the title, some by psychologists or psychiatrists.  The term doesn't have the negative connotation that it used to, and I know I've used it at work.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 09, 2014, 10:34:10 PM »
With today's quote we come very close to reaching the conclusion of the current scene. The script sums it up with:

Carolyn smiles and nods, pulling away. OFF Victoria, left uneasy by the conversation...

And at that point, Vicki sighs in the pilot, and the scene concludes. And as we can see from this next chart -

- the script then moves on to scenes that take place outside of and inside Willie's apartment. Though, as I'd mentioned previously, in the actual pilot those two scenes were moved ahead of the scene between Vicki and Carolyn in Vicki's room (and the location of Willie's apartment was changed from the garage in the script to the gatehouse in the pilot). And the discussion of just what goes on between Willie and his girlfriend Kelly will begin after tomorrow's quote comes up in the slideshow...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2014, 05:22:03 AM »
The first scene in the script after Vicki and Carolyn's talk in Vicki's room plays out in the actual pilot as the first scene after Willie leaves Collinwood after having brought Vicki there. It has no dialogue. (And chances are the location was changed from the garage at Greystone to the gatehouse because the rooms in the living quarters above the garage are very small - really too small to accommodate a film crew, much less leave enough room to shoot actors in them.) The script describes the exterior scene as follows (just substitute gatehouse for garage):

Willie crosses the grounds to the estate's garage, nestled away from the main house, and climbs a rickety wooden stairway to a second level apartment.

(Though there's also no "rickety wooden stairway" anywhere at Greystone. Picture more like a stone stairway. Also, while there is a stairway up to the entrance at the gatehouse, I don't believe it leads to a second floor in the sense that the rooms over the garage really are on a second floor. And honestly, I'm only presuming that the pilot used the real gatehouse at Greystone as the exterior for Willie's apartment because it's been so long since I've seen the pilot that I don't really remember. There are actually other outbuildings on the estate that could have been used. So, if anyone really does know otherwise, please feel more than free to speak up to set the record straight.  [snow_smiley]  But for now we'll picture the gatehouse as it appears in the graphics for the following scene.)

Now, before we get to the interior scene, I need to explain that while there are photos in public circulation of Alexis Thorpe as Kelly, none of them are exactly appropriate for this part of the pilot. (Why will become clear before long.) So with that in mind, I tracked down a photo of Ms. Thorpe from very much the same time that the pilot was shot, and that's the photo that I'm using for the graphic. And for future use, you will always know when a photo is not an official photo related to the pilot if you see it presented as an oval in a graphic.  [snow_wink]

So, with all that out of the way, the script describes the beginning of the interior scene as follows:

Willie enters and tosses his keys on the counter. The one room apartment is small, cluttered with old pizza boxes and dirty dishes. As Willie starts toward the fridge...

And it is at that point that today's quote comes up:

Page 12 - Kelly (O.S.): 'You're late.'

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 10, 2014, 08:12:23 PM »
And is Kelly Willie's wife? mistress? goldfish? I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2014, 01:02:17 AM »
Kelly is Willie's girlfriend. I'm sure MB will let us know if the relationship is defined beyond that.

This continues to be very cool.   Thanks to all involved.

G.

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 11, 2014, 03:35:22 PM »
Thanks, Gothick! And thanks, MB, for all your hard work! I'm really enjoying this!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 11, 2014, 05:16:29 PM »
 [pointing-up]  I guess you accidentally missed:

Reply #61:
ACTORS:CAST OF CHARACTERS (as they're listed and described in the script):
ALEXIS THORPEKELLY GREER - early 20s, Willie's girlfriend and (well, maybe
we'll leave all that as a surprise for those who don't know).

And reply #166
And the discussion of just what goes on between Willie and his girlfriend Kelly will begin after tomorrow's quote comes up in the slideshow...

It happens.  [snow_smiley]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 11, 2014, 05:30:22 PM »
Before we get to today's quote, we need to deal with how the script sets up things:

Willie turns, finding KELLY GREER lying on his tousled bed. Kelly's early 20s, sexy in a "Miskatonic U." belly shirt, glasses perched in her hair as she studies/fondles a cheap-looking athletic trophy.

It is at the point when Willie sees what Kelly is doing that today's quote -

Page 12 - Willie: 'Don't mess with that.'

- comes up in the script. However, what Willie actually says in the pilot is "I told you a thousand times-- don’t mess with that." (As you may recall, Willie's character is described in part as a "former Collinsport high school football star".)

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 11, 2014, 08:04:04 PM »
I forgot to mention and it's worth reminding that at this point in the pilot Willie is wearing his glasses. And as I mentioned before, there aren't any publicly available stills of Willie wearing glasses - but just to get that image of Matt Czuchry into our minds, I did a Google search to see if I could locate any photos of him wearing glasses (because he does in real life) and lo and behold there are dozens - including an entire thread on a fan site that's devoted to seemingly everything Matt uses to accessorize. And here's one of its images:

Apparently the image on the top left is Matt out and about at some point in 2012, and the image on the bottom right is from his '09 movie I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell*

(*Which I own but have yet to watch. And for those of you who might be interested (and you'll soon know who you are) not only does Matt go glassesless in the movie, but he supposedly goes pantsless as well. (Yes, I knew that would get your attention.  [wink2]  [lghy]))

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2014, 12:09:56 AM »
Matt is one luscious lad... with or without glasses... in or out of clothes.  and I write that never having seen him in anything other than the screening of the above episode.

If they'd wanted to have intimations of "Willarnabas" on this show, given how hot both Alec Newman AND Matt are, the possibilities could have been distinctly delicious.

Excuse off topic musings.  I have to go now...

lol, GothEEEEEEK!

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2014, 05:20:08 PM »
The only difference between today's quote -

Page 12 - Kelly: 'I was just admiring your many accomplishments. (sly, reading inscription) Third place, State Finals, 1999.'

- and how it's delivered in the pilot is that in the pilot Kelly adds an "Oh" with a touch of possibly feigned hurt to her voice before she delivers the scripted lines exactly as written as the excuse to why she's studying/fondling Willie's precious trophy.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2014, 05:20:11 PM »
Not much difference between today's quote -

Page 12 - Willie: 'People were pretty impressed with me that year.'

- and the way it's delivered in the pilot because in the pilot Willie simply says "Yeah" with a sigh before he delivers the quote exactly as scripted.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 14, 2014, 05:14:26 PM »
And again, not much difference between today's quote -

Page 13 - Kelly: 'It's Collinsport, Willie. People impress easily.'

- and the way it's delivered in the pilot. The only difference is that Kelly ads a "Yes" - as in "Yes. It's Collinsport, Willie. People impress easily."

Look for definite differences, though, when it comes to the upcoming quotes for the weekend...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2014, 09:28:20 PM »
From this point this scene deviates from the way it was scripted. For starters, today's quote -

Page 13 - Willie: 'Especially college girls like you. (approaching, seductive) And since when was 10:30 ever late for us?'

- was completely dropped - and rather than Willie simply approaching Kelly seductively, they begin a full-on makeout session on Willie's bed.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 16, 2014, 07:44:04 PM »
Given the explanation for yesterday's quote, it should come as no surprise that today's quote -

Page 13 - Kelly: 'Come here. I want to show you something.'

- was also dropped. In its place the makeout session continues with passionate kissing and giggles.

It's actually worth mentioning that there isn't any makeout session in the script. In fact, Willie and Kelly never even connect on his bed because before today's quote comes up in the script Kelly has already "abruptly" rolled off of Willie's bed. So, any interpretation of Kelly's quote from today in any sort of sexual context would be completely off base.  [snow_wink]  And what she wanted to show Willie will have to wait until tomorrow because it does still play out in the scene. In fact, it's not only pretty much the main point of the scene, it's the kickoff of almost everything to come...