Author Topic: July 2013 DS Cast Reunion at Lyndhurst  (Read 11927 times)

Offline The Doctor and K9

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: July 2013 DS Cast Reunion at Lyndhurst
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2013, 03:33:01 AM »
The first festival was in beautiful downtown Newark at the Gateway Hilton (referred to as the Gateway Hilton to hell by some). It was a very small gathering. I think it was just 100 fans in attendance. There were several guests announced, including Donna Wandrey and Lara Parker, but the only one who actually attended was Ron Sproat.
I was there and audiotaped Sproat's talk.The week before was Manhattan Shadows with Jonathan Frid, Joel Crothers, and Addison Powell. Supposedly Audrey Larkin popped in very briefly, but I've never heard if this was absolutely confirmed. I also audiotaped the Manhattan Shadows Panels.

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2013, 03:40:05 AM »
That's awesome. Never made it to Manhattan Shadows. I hardly ever went into NYC back then but I've made up for it since.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline libshad84

• View Profile
Re: July 2013 DS Cast Reunion at Lyndhurst / Added Guests
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2013, 04:44:53 AM »
We are please to bring you the following guests from the original series
- Michael Hadge (Buzz) JUST ADDED
- Donna McKechnie (Amanda Harris)
- Sharon Smyth (Sarah Collins)
- Barbara Woronko (Nurse)
- Marie Wallace (Eve/Jenny)
- Donna Wandrey (Roxanne Drew)
- Nick Besink (A/V)
- Henry Plimack (Audio)

From the 1991 Series:
- Roy Thinnes (Roger Collins/Reverand Trask)
- Jim Fyfe (Willie Loomis/Ben Loomis)
- Ely Pouget (Maggie Evans)
- Rebecca Staab (Daphne Collins)
- Steve Fletcher (Deputy Jonathan Harker)
- Apollo Dukakis (Reverend Amos) JUST ADDED

From House of Dark Shadows:
Chip Coffey (Collinwood Guest) JUST ADDED
Chip also is a Psychic Medium from the Television Shows "Paranormal State" and "Psychic Kids". He will be doing readings at the event!!!

And from Night of Dark Shadows:
**Monica Rich (Sarah Castle)

Also JUST ADDED Author Stephen Mark Rainey -

Sounds like an interesting and wide range of people from across the DS universe. As much as I love Lara, Kathryn, and the other "main" ones, it's refreshing to see new and different stars involved, especially Donna McKechnie. It gives fans a chance to ask different questions than the same-old, same-old "What was it like to play Angelique" or "What was it like to work with Grayson Hall?"...you get the point....

Offline joe integlia

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • joes gallery of DS photos
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2013, 06:18:56 AM »
i was at both the 1st d.s. festival and the 1st manhattan shadows. i dont recall seeing audrey larkin. i filmed some of the manhattan shadows including short interviews with joel crothers and addison powell some of this is on my youtube page
 www.youtube.com/jayteevideo

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2013, 02:02:20 PM »
i was at both the 1st d.s. festival and the 1st manhattan shadows. i dont recall seeing audrey larkin.
I didn't either. I heard she popped in, looked around, chatted with Jonathan and left. Apparently she was just in the area, saw the flyer and stayed a few minutes. Several people told me this, but I don't know any of them, so I'm not sure if this was just a rumor.

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2013, 02:49:09 PM »
This history of the various festivals/get-togethers in this thread is absolutely fascinating!  Has anyone thought of writing a detailed, complete (as much as it can be complete) history of them all?  I think it would go great in a book format.

Gerard

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2013, 03:41:37 PM »
Wow, I'd love to hear that tape of Joel talking about his time on the show.  I wonder whether he discussed the episodes he wrote (but never got credited for).  I'd never heard discussion of Joel's attendance at a Manhattan Shadows event.  I was living in Taiwan at the time.  I agree that a book about the history of the various fannish convocations would be fascinating reading.

G.

Online Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2013, 04:16:12 PM »
A book about the various fan gatherings is a great idea! I'm surprised that no one has already put one out.

My first convention was the 1983 Shadowcon. One of the real, genuine surprises came when Donna McKechnie made a very brief appearance. She wasn't a scheduled guest. She happened to be in the hotel judging the tryouts for the LA Rams cheerleaders. Every so often the DS fans and the cheerleader wannabes would wander into the wrong event.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 25, 2013, 06:02:55 PM »
According to IMDB, Audrey Larkins played Crystal Cabot.  I barely remember the character, much less the name, and the only thing I remember about the character involves a big spoiler for her episode so I won't write it here.

Audrey died, I think the entry said, in 1994, while she was still in her early 60s. 

Some of you guys just make me feel as if I barely know the show at all.   I'm sure I would never have recognized Miss Larkins if she had appeared at an event I attended.

G.

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 25, 2013, 07:00:07 PM »
I'm sure I would never have recognized Miss Larkins if she had appeared at an event I attended.

If she did attend the Manhattan Shadows I wouldn't have known her either. At the time, all I knew were the 260 episodes in syndication. The person who told me she'd shown up mentioned that Barnabas bit her in 1795.

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 26, 2013, 01:33:36 AM »
I sent my check in this weekend!  Very excited to see this event coming together and since I know how hard the organizers have worked on this I know the event will be well run, fun and a nice opportunity for fans and friends to gather.  I appreciate that the organizers have taken the time to put this together.  I remember last summer hearing about it and thought it was a wonderful idea! See you in July!
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 26, 2013, 04:55:00 PM »
Wow, Michael Hadge.  I remember many years ago he was going to attend a Festival, but couldn't make it due to scheduling conflicts.

I do hope somebody plays the clip where he utters his immortal line, "if ya feel it... SIT IT!"  Grand stuff.

I'd love to see him. Might be worth the trip.
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline drwhotrades

• I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: July 2013 DS Cast Reunion at Lyndhurst / Added Guests
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2013, 06:20:17 PM »
We are please to bring you the following guests from the original series

All I have to say about this event is that any DS event that has BUZZ as a guest is tops in my book! MY friend and I have been talking about Buzz at a DS event for years. In fact, my friend, who was never interested in going to a DS Fest, told me that he'd only go if Buzz ever showed up - now I will have to call his bluff!

On a related note, I also like the wider variety of guests at this event - it's cool to see!

David

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2013, 07:27:48 PM »
wasn't Crystal Cabot Angelique in disguise when Barnabas returned to 1795?

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2013, 08:48:58 PM »
David, from what I recall--[spoiler]Crystal Cabot was a Collinsport doxie, killed by Barnabas.  Angelique caused Crystal's corpse to appear in Rev. Trask's bed in his room at the Inn.  Later at Collinwood, Crystal shows up again alive and well and then turns into a cackling Angelique.  I may have some of this wrong, but that is what I recall--from ONE viewing of that episode over ten years ago.[/spoiler]

I agree that Buzz would be a great reason to go to that event.  I just wish I could drive.  Not being able to drive makes the logistics of T'town hellish, IMO...

cheers, Gothique