Author Topic: July 2013 DS Cast Reunion at Lyndhurst  (Read 11959 times)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
July 2013 DS Cast Reunion at Lyndhurst
« on: March 14, 2013, 11:19:54 PM »
Dear Friends of Dark Shadows:

We are excited to announce the schedule for the 2013 Dark Shadows Cast Reunion!!!
The 2013 Dark Shadows Cast Reunion will be held at Lyndhurst Estate in Tarrytown, New York (filming location for House of Dark Shadows and Night of Dark Shadows) Event dates are Saturday, July 13th, 2013 and Sunday, July 14, 2013. Please see attached Order Form.

GUEST LIST (MORE TO BE ADDED)

From the original series:

Donna McKechnie (Amanda Harris)
Sharon Smyth (Sarah Collins)
Barbara Woronko (Nurse)
Marie Wallace (Eve/Jenny)
Donna Wandry (Roxanne)
Nick Besink (A/V)
Henry Plimack (Audio)

From the 1991 series:

Roy Thinnes (Roger Collins/Reverand Trask)
Jim Fyfe (Willie Loomis/Ben Loomis)
Ely Pouget (Maggie Evans)
Rebecca Staab (Daphne Collins)
Steven Fletcher (Deputy Jonathan Harker)

AND FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER FROM NIGHT OF DARK SHADOWS:

Monica Rich (Sarah Castle)

The 2013 Dark Shadows Cast Reunion will be held at Lyndhurst Estate in Tarrytown, New York. The dates will be Saturday, July 13th and Sunday, July 14th, 2013. Times are from 10:00 am to 4:00 p.m. each day. There is a limited quantity of tickets available (300)-first come, first served. The event will sell out quickly so please order ASAP.

ACTIVIES INCLUDE:
-Tours of the Lyndhurst Estate House and Grounds
-Screening of House of Dark Shadows, Night of Dark Shadows, the 1991 Dark Shadows Series and the 2012 Johnny Depp Dark Shadows movie
-Charity Raffle with many Dark Shadows prizes including a private tour of the Tower Room at Lyndhurst Estate
-Autographs and Memorabilia to purchase from the stars**
-Q&A Sessions
-Photo opportunities at the house
-plus much more
-There will be food and beverages on site for purchase

The Weekend cost are as follows (per person):

If ordered by May 1st, 2013: $30 for Saturday, July 13th and Sunday, July 14th
If ordered from May 2nd, 2013 to June 15th, 2013: $40 for Sat., July 13 and Sun., July 14th
After June 15th, you must email friendsof91ds@comcast.net for any remaining ticket availability at the price of $50

Single days:

If ordered by May 1st, 2013: $20 for Saturday, July 13th 2013
If ordered by May 1st, 2013: $20 for Sunday, July 13th 2013
If ordered from May 2nd, 2013 to June 15th, 2013: $30 for Saturday, July 13, 2013
If ordered from May 2nd, 2013 to June 15th, 2013: $30 for Sunday, July 14, 2013
After June 15th, you must email friendsof91ds@comcast.net for any remaining ticket availability at the price of $40

HOTEL ACCOMODATIONS:
The Westchester Marriott
670 White Plains Road
Tarrytown, New York 10591
(800) 882-1042 or (914) 631-2200

The reduced rate of $129.00 (per night) is available on Friday, July 12th, 2013 and Saturday, July 13th, 2013 only. Mention the Friends of the 1991 Dark Shadows/Cast Reunion for this reduced rate. This event will sell out quickly, so please make your reservations ASAP.

Unguided tours of the Lyndhurst Estate are included in your ticket and available throughout the weekend. To schedule a guided tour, please visit Lyndhurst.org and reserve a guided tour for the reduced rate of $14

**Celebrities appearances are subject to change or cancellation due to work, family emergencies and illness.

ORDER FORM:

Please fill out the following and send with check/money order to:
Friends of 91 Dark Shadows/Cast Reunion
P.O. Box 469
White Marsh, Maryland 21162
friendsof91ds@comcast.net

RATES ARE PER PERSON: (check quantity wanted):

DATE QUANTITY

Weekend, Sat. July 13 & Sun. July 14 (if ordered by May 1st) $30

Weekend, Sat. July 13 & Sun. July 14 (if order from May 2 to June 10) $40

Weekend, Sat. July 13 & Sun. July 14 (after June 15th), you must email friendsof91ds@comcast .net for any remaining ticket availability at the price of $50

Saturday, July 13 (if ordered by May 1st) $20

Sunday, July 14 (if ordered by May 1st) $20

Saturday, July 13, (if ordered from May 2 to June 15) $30

Sunday, July 14, (if ordered from May 2 to June 15) $30

Saturday, July 13, (after June 15th) you must email friendsof91ds@comcast.net for any remaining ticket availability at the price of $40

Sunday, July 14th (after June 15th) you must email friendsof91ds@comcast.net for any remaining ticket availability at the price of $40

Please make checks or money orders (no cash) payable to Friends of 91 Dark Shadows/Cast Reunions

NAME(S):
Please list all persons attending:

ADDRESS:

CITY:

STATE: ZIP CODE:

EMAIL:

Please include a SASE with payment.

When calling the hotel please ask for "Cast Reunions" to book the reduced rate of $129!

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: July 2013 DS Cast Reunion at Lyndhurst
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 11:26:14 PM »
Friends of the 1991 DS Cast Reunion on Facebook

Please note that this is not a DS Festival event.

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 11:40:28 PM »
Thanks for posting this, Midnite. I'm definitely interested in going--a DS event that is within my budget. Quite interested in meeting the people from the 1991 show, as well as Monica Rich.
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 01:08:02 AM »
I am planning on going! Excited to see the 1991 cast and a few of our beloved original cast!
" Some day we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny"

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 01:18:21 AM »
Wow!  sounds  like a great time !   Everyone who is going  enjoy.!
               Love  Anne [snow_kiss] :):)
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 01:43:00 AM »
a few thoughts about this little "event"...

for starters the company i work for distributes monica rich kosann's fine jewelry and home decor. she has an in store shop and i see her every day. when i read about this event on FB today she's the first person i asked about it as she's supposedly a guest. as it turns out she knows absolutely nothing about it whatsoever. she actually seemed quite stunned and displeased that her name is being used as part of the advertising for an event she knows nothing of. so that is certainly something to ponder...

also this seems like the beginning of some sort of break up of the festival situation. what's going on with all of these conflicting events with different invited guests in different cities at different times? the OS guest list for this little affair is, if you'll forgive me, somewhat "B" list. it looks like marie is attending several of the different happenings but is this some sour grapes i'll-show-you from those not attending the increasingly divisive CRUISE? a certain actress who has been EXTREMELY vocal in her displeasure at not being invited on said cruise is actively promoting this although she has not(yet)been listed as a guest.

the language being used by various participants involved in "this" event versus "that" event is becoming rather competitive and side-picking.

the whole thing is getting weird. [snow_strange]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 02:00:13 AM »
 For those going and staying at the Marriott the rate for Thurs and Friday is only $159.

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 04:36:48 AM »
Intriguing.  It sounds like a potentially fun event, but my mind reels contemplating the potential political snarl behind the scenes.

That is fascinating to learn that Monica Rich has become a successful jewellry and home decor designer...

G.

David

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 11:34:38 AM »
The Monica Rich question notwithstanding, I know who the "certain actress" that Michael refers to is--I was Facebook friends with her until recently.
She's been attacking everyone in sight, the fest organizers, other cast members, even fans.
Some of her rants have been so over the top, they come across like manic bipolar episodes.
I wish her well, but I take everything she says with a grain of salt.

The fests had gotten too repetitive--doing different types of events with different people seems like a much needed shot in the arm.

Offline Charles_Ellis

• Senior Poster
  • Barnabas & Julia Forever!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2013, 02:43:22 PM »
David, I think I know who you are talking about, and it's surprising considering she was only on for a few months, whereas Marie, Kathryn & Lara were on much longer.  Plus, the "mystery actress" has exposed herself as a right-winger.  I'm left of center myself, and to air out those opinions on Facebook is problematic to me personally.  Let's forget politics and concentrate on fun!

Offline Teresa

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 08:07:33 PM »
I am super excited about this event and it's getting really positive buzz on Facebook.  The politics of it or what happens behind the scenes is kind of a bore to me so I tend to not pay much attention to it.  I just go, have fun and look forward to the next one.  How awesome that there are 3 events happening this year regardless of who is running it!

David

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2013, 09:49:51 PM »
Charles, I was shocked when she attacked her DS co-stars. Then she posted all that right wing stuff, I was horrified.
I've never argued with her, but I was relieved when she unfriended me. Maybe she did because of all my pro-Obama, pro-choice, pro-marriage equality posts, who knows.
I'm just tired of this kind of crap. I've tried to have Teresa's attitude, but there's so much of this going on, I rarely attend DS events anymore.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 04:03:26 PM »
Personal attacks on the other DS actors and some of her fans on her public Facebook page are certainly reasons one would question Kathy Cody's recent behavior, but her politics are not a subject for discussion here.

David

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 04:40:29 PM »
Uh, oh, I wasn't going to say her name, but as for politics, I was just speculating/wondering as to why she unfriended me.
I never discussed politics with her, don't associate with the fans she's fighting with, took no sides on anything, so the unfriending seemed odd.
But I do think I'm better off for it.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 04:56:36 PM »
Not discussing an actor's politics includes not discussing your opinion of the actor's politics. [snow_wink]

"Mystery actress," really??

But I do think I'm better off for it.
That's good, David.