Author Topic: hoDS/NoDS DVD Release?  (Read 76612 times)

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: hoDS/NoDS DVD Release?
« Reply #195 on: July 09, 2012, 10:42:44 PM »
Whether they've fixed all of the audio problems in their NODS transfer is unknown.   

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2012, 12:09:03 AM »
This is so sad!  All those years of anticipation that we could get to see the enhanced, restored NODS cut that would more clearly tell the story in the script, and now it's all gone.  We get nothing.  Devastating and insulting. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2012, 12:15:36 AM »
Whether they've fixed all of the audio problems in their NODS transfer is unknown.

Somehow I'm doubting that they have.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 10, 2012, 12:26:27 AM »
A letter campaign to Warner Bros. expressing our dismay with the handling of our show, anyone? 

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2012, 02:14:12 AM »
Yes. And if they release them bare bones, we have to buy them. Buy two copies. Money talks.
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

ClaudeNorth

« Reply #200 on: July 10, 2012, 02:22:00 AM »
A letter campaign to Warner Bros. expressing our dismay with the handling of our show, anyone?

Angry letters scolding Warners and declaring "ownership" of DS?  Not likely to help, and could actually hurt the chances of a future release.  Calm, reasonable letters thanking them for the planned releases and encouraging them to pursue the restoration and release of NODS?  That could be helpful.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 10, 2012, 02:31:49 AM »
Angry letters scolding Warners and declaring "ownership" of DS?  Not likely to help, and could actually hurt the chances of a future release.  Calm, reasonable letters thanking them for the planned releases and encouraging them to pursue the restoration and release of NODS?  That could be helpful.

Well, it is our show, and they should be thanking us for supporting their product as much as we have - when many of us didn't want to.  Many of us gingerly went along with the production of the new film in the hopes that they would pay us back in kind by releasing these restorations, and while I would never write them a letter to that effect, I feel that I can relay my disappointment in such a manner here.

Offline tragic bat

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 10, 2012, 03:40:18 AM »
I'm not going to buy a bare bones release of the theatrical cut.  I have no interest in ever seeing that version of NODS again.  Money does talk, and that's why I'm keeping mine.  But everyone can do what they want, as far as letters or purchasing, for all it matters. 
“You could have devoted your life to a serious study of the occult instead of just being some freak who can tell the future!”--RT 1970 Roxanne.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #203 on: July 10, 2012, 05:03:11 AM »
Do we know or can you say Darren why they choose not to do the restored version?  Damn....So sad. I feel for you most of all because of all your hard work.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline mm#7

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 10, 2012, 06:11:41 AM »
Very sad news. Although I am happy that both films will be released to Blu Ray, I am so sad to hear that the restored version of Night is not the one coming out. Yes I will buy them, I love Dark Shadows, and yes, I will get the Depp film also. Hopefully, maybe in the future they will do the restored version.

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 10, 2012, 06:47:17 AM »
i'll prolly buy them just to have them. but oh this pisses me off. since Darren was unable to find footage for the 1st film ok that makes me sad. but that's not his fault. i know he did try for quite a long time. & he worked quite hard to find all the cut scenes for the 2nd film. i'm to lazy to put the titles.

sorry this just makes me mad. he worked his ass off working on that one. so not only does this i'm sure upset him. but the rest of us as well. as you can tell i am mad about this.  i'm sorry i don't care about the theatrical cut for the 2nd film. that film well that cut makes no sense to me & it was cut in a way that the film makes NO SENSE to me. it's boring as well. i was dying to see the uncut version so that the film would explain more of the story for not only me but the rest of us here. oh there's no doubt that i prolly would have enjoyed that cut MUCH better than the theatrical cut.

since it was the version that "Dan Curtis" wanted to put out but was as we all know was pretty much forced to cut. i'm sure i'm not alone in this either. sorry folks i just had to vent.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 10, 2012, 07:02:28 AM »

Please, and buying the DVDs and Blu-rays couldn't hurt, not buying them won't help.  Buy them, for the cause [ghost]
"If you've lived a good life and said your prayers every night, when you die you'll go to Collinwood."  - Mark Rainey

Offline Darren Gross

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 10, 2012, 07:18:19 AM »
Do we know or can you say Darren why they choose not to do the restored version?

I can't go into great detail, but essentially home video didn't want to spend the money on a restoration.

Offline B.Collins

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 10, 2012, 08:05:59 AM »
oh that's total BS Darren. i don't mean i don't believe what you say isn't true. there's no doubt you are telling the truth. it's just BS that they can spend money on movies that don't need restoration & fill those with extra's. yet they are to damn cheap to give us Loyal fans the actual versions of DS. well the films i mean.

they can afford it. an example would be & granted MGM owns this film. the film "The Wizard of Oz' as much as i love that film cause it's a film that is part of my child hood as it is most of us here i'm sure. they've remastered that damn film at least a dozen times & i wouldn't be surprised if they do it one time & the film breaks on how much it's actually been restored.  yes that's a beloved film but you'd think that they'd just say ok we've done it enough. other films that's got countless releases through the years" uh "Re-Animator"

i dunno how many times that's been remasterd but it's been released at least 20 times onto dvd. at least. 'Army of Darkness' is another one for example & well "The Evil Dead' as well. those from different companies granted but still.  there have been films that they'd put out other than the ones i've mentioned that

have gone the same route. cause they are too damn cheap. yet if it was an oscar winning film it'd be done in a heartbeat. ok if they'd want to put the films out in time for the "Tim Burton' release the video release mind you. ok fine i can live with that. since the whole series did get put out again. but the films really needed remastered regardless. i know i haven't seen the print that you made so i don't know how bad the print was. but i could have lived with saying gee we need more time to work on this. instead of saying screw it let's put out the crappy version. it just bugs me how much these studio's don't listen to us fans. or you who work their asses off to put all this together. i don't know how much money you've spent on putting all of that together. but i have no doubt that it's a LOT of money. sorry for the ramblings

it's just these people in charge wonder why some people don't buy their product it's cause they don't listen to the fans. when a show's creators ask the fans what they want on this or that set. some listen & give us fans what they want. those are people i really respect. & there's no doubt that they'd make a TON of money if they'd put out the uncut version you put together. more so than the cut version they are putting out no doubt. ok rant done sorry about the length.

Offline retzev

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 10, 2012, 08:11:01 AM »
No gnus is good gnus, I hope.

[ghost_huh]

Never say die!