Author Topic: The Dark Shadows Emmy Awards  (Read 5948 times)

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
The Dark Shadows Emmy Awards
« on: December 12, 2004, 04:11:13 PM »
I am announcing my next major project.

which begins January 1st and ends January 31st. Expect more details soon.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re: The Dark Shadows Emmy Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 05:06:35 PM »
Looking forward to it, DStoDA!

Just curious-- did you want it to appear on this day on the calendar, or Jan. 1st?

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 06:33:25 PM »
january 1st. I guess i missed it or something.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 06:48:20 PM »
i'm very intrigued...and love the advertising.is miss victoria winters a "presenter" or a "nominee"?

who's gown will she wear? i see vicki in a classy but conservative look...maybe oscar de la renta.nothing too risque'.and a tasteful scattering of dark-toned jewels would play off her black hair beautifully. [tngb]
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 06:59:04 PM »
i'm very intrigued...and love the advertising.is miss victoria winters a "presenter" or a "nominee"?

who's gown will she wear? i see vicki in a classy but conservative look...maybe oscar de la renta.nothing too risque'.and a tasteful scattering of dark-toned jewels would play off her black hair beautifully. [tngb]

Expect Alexandra Moltke to be a nominee for Best Lead Actress. Nominees will be presented in a way where you guys can vote.

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 10:12:28 PM »
january 1st. I guess i missed it or something.

No problem.  This topic is now linked to Jan. 1.   [santa_smiley]

BTW, to any cousin posting this month to a 2005 event, don't forget to change the year.

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2004, 02:34:51 AM »
I would think the choice with actresses for Lead and/or Supporting is gonna be hard in some instances. . for example. . Joan Bennett was the Top dog but story wise aside from a few brief spots (Jason/Liz). .she was a supporting character (even with Judith--i know) and Grayson might've seemed a supporting character as Dr Hoffman but objectively I think she was really a Lead actress as was Lara Parker--centrally tied to the plot--knower of most, if not all, secrets. . .wonder how the Emmy board decides or does it just go with what the producers themselves submit?? Alexandra is hard again. .certainly for 1795 I think she is Lead but otherwise a supporting actress. .then there is KLS--is she Lead in 1795, PT?  But supporting otherwise?

Perhaps DSA is gonna split this into "eras"?? [8_2_77]
Julia99

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 04:52:02 AM »
every story "highlights" certain characters...i haven't seen the show all the way through but the actresses i can see as "lead" are alexandra,joan,grayson,lara and kathryn(appolagies to nancy).

harder will be "lead" actor...since we all know who was "top dog" here...mitch ryan for the first year and david selby later but otherwise everyone else "supported" jonathan frid. [tngb]

Offline mfmdpt

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 02:26:57 PM »
Just from seeing how meticulously thought out his wonderful DS promos are ([thumb]), something tells me DStoDA already has a perfect plan in mind to decide which actors he'll place in each category. But just by way of an example, back in the late 90s when AOL's now defunct DARK SHADOWS ONLINE held its DS version of The Oscars (The Brandies [wink2]), we used the same type of decision making procedure as the real Oscars. We held a preliminary voting round, and then the top three vote getters in each of our categories went on to the final vote (with the final results announced by our lovely online hostess, Diana Millay).
"I give in to sin because you have to make this life livable." - Depeche Mode (Strangelove)

Offline Annie

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2004, 09:01:12 PM »
I'd love to see David Selby getting an award.....
                   Love Anne ( YUMMY)! [44] [8341]
"Never Give Up On Your Dreams "I Didn't So Don't
You"    By Barry Manilow

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2004, 11:11:51 PM »
I've pretty much decided that the awards cermonies are going to be broken up into seperate eras. The First DS Emmys will involve everything pre Barnabas. I was originally, i was gonna have a seperate award ceremony for Laura's phoenix storyline. But I have realized that I want to make as few of these as possible if I ever want to get to the end. So here is the official order

1st DS Emmys
The arrival of Vicki - end of Laura

2nd DS Emmys
Arrival of Barnabas/ Liz and Jason

3rd DS Emmys

4th DS Emmys
Adam & the Dream Curse

5th DS emmys
Werewolves/ Haunting of Quentin/ 1897

6th DS emmys
Leviathans

7th DS emmys
1970 PT

8th DS emmys
1995/haunting of gerard/1840

9th
1841 PT

So the 1st DS emmys in January will only involve everything pre Barnabas. Originally, I was going to have a nomination commitee with Gothick and a few other people. But, now that someone mentioned pre noms, i think thats how I might do it.

This is not official, but this is how I might do it.
Jan 1st-8th - Prenominations. Every actor included in the storyline, requiring that they played a significant part, will be on the ballot. Most people will fall under the Supporting Categories while a few will fall under lead. People will vote for their favorite 3 performers in each category. (Though Lead categories might not need Prenoms) Other categories such as best couple or duo, best cliffhanger, best storyline etc will also be presented.

Jan 13-27 - nominations revealed and voting begins. there will be 3 nominees for each award. Video presentations will be available to help you vote for the best nominee.

Jan 31 - Emmy night - Winners are revealed.

I will have the official guidelines up on my sight soon. I will probably need help from anyone who can send me some video clips for nominations. I dont have any episodes from this time period except for 2 episodes.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 11:46:20 PM »
it sounds awsome DStoDA.i can't wait.
i am somewhat surprised to see the leviathan story up as a category.i havn't seen it yet but everyone says it's the worst! [lpsldg]

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2004, 02:32:11 AM »
it sounds awsome DStoDA.i can't wait.
i am somewhat surprised to see the leviathan story up as a category.i havn't seen it yet but everyone says it's the worst! [lpsldg]

It isnt a category. Its gonna have its own award show some months from now. Before I watched the Leviathans, I was hearing all these horrible things about it and how it was the worst thing ever. etc etc. But when I watched it, I thought that it really wasnt that bad. It was better than I had expected. Personally, I think the Adam storyline was worst major storyline. But the worst storyline out of all was that whole cyrus & Sabrina stuff. Thats was the first time that I had ever ff episodes of DS. I dont think I even watched all those episodes because they were so terrible.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2004, 05:28:05 AM »
i'll second that the adam story is dreadful...i wasn't going to bring it up since i've bitched about it so much before.i sort of stopped actively watching for awhile because it irritated me so much but i just ordered new tapes and am determined to get through it.cassandra is the only character during this story that consistently put in good work.everyone else either over or under acts.i'll be curious to see how the nominations for this story go. [tngb]

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2004, 03:34:24 AM »
these are the categories

Outstanding Lead Actor
Ouststanding Lead Actress
Ouststanding Supporting Actor
Outstanding Supporting Actress
Outstanding Romantic Couple
Outstanding Duo (non-romantic)
Oustanding Cliffhanger
Outstanding Story (within the main storyline)

Any other suggestions for categories?