Author Topic: The Dark Shadows Emmy Awards  (Read 5938 times)

Offline onyx_treasure

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The Dark Shadows Emmy Awards
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2005, 06:23:24 PM »
     B and J were a romantic duo in the same way as many soap couples.  Who could forget Dr. Hardy and faithful Nurse Jesse?  They were never an official couple either but you could never think of one without the other.  Cue organ music. (Does anybody remember the organ music cues of General Hospital and could you just imagine what DS would have sounded like with such hokey music cues).

P.S. Heather, I love the dancing banana you used in your post.  [santa_grin]
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life--music and cats.  Albert Schweitzer

Offline DStoDA

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • The DarkShadowsAddict
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2005, 01:25:24 PM »
I think that B& J were more romantic or in love than most of those couples in the Romantic category or even on the show. Their love for one another was so raw and real compared to the other forced pairings. Its truly sad that they never got to share their feelings for one another.

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2005, 11:33:54 PM »
     Who could forget Dr. Hardy and faithful Nurse Jesse?  They were never an official couple either but you could never think of one without the other.  Cue organ music. (Does anybody remember the organ music cues of General Hospital and could you just imagine what DS would have sounded like with such hokey music cues).
I actually saw a January 1966 black & white episode of "General Hospital" on video, and you are so right about the music cues - heavy banging on the piano whenever something shocking occurred (in this episode, Audrey is having a fling with Jessie's ex-husband Phil, and Steve Hardy and Jessie are both suspicious). Loved those two. Jessie was kind of Julia-esque in her longing looks at Dr. Hardy.