Author Topic: Favorite non-DS performance by cast?  (Read 6166 times)

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
Re: Favorite non-DS performance by cast?
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2002, 06:29:54 PM »
Oh yes, Mitch Ryan lol. I remember watching "Dharma & Greg" during season one, never got into that show. That show got cancelled this season, it's also going into reruns in a few weeks on local stations.

Kate Jackson is who drew me to the show originally. I remember reading something on a TV News Site saying 'Dark Shadows fans - The Barnabas episodes start soon!' around October of 2001. In Febuary of this year, I was looking at Conrad Bain's IMDb entrie and saw Dark Shadows listed as one of his credits. I skipped over it though. Then I went to look at Kate Jackson's IMDb entrie and saw it listed on her's too. So I saw that it aired and decided to watch it and now I'm hooked. I thought Kate was great in "Charlie's Angels", she was my favorite on there. I've only watched one episode of "The Rookies", and it featured her as the main character of the story - which was very rare, since Kate was usually not in a large portion of the hour. She was being stalked by this crazi person who kept reciting the line 'Mary had a little lamb' over the phone. I've never liked her last succesful drama, "The Scarecrow and Mrs. King".

I'm surprised Anthony George's drama, "Check mate" (1960-1962) didn't last that long. I've never seen it, but last I read was that TV Land had acquired the rights through a deal that got them 30 dramas. The deal probably has expired by now, but it also included a Mitch Ryan drama in it, lol. Anyway, I'm surprised it didn't last that long. During it's first season, it made it into the top 20. I wonder what caused it's ratings to go, er, kaput.

I haven't seen that much with DS actors in different roles. I do have the episode of "Charlie's Angels" where Thayer David appears, but his character I believe has no lines in it and hel ooks nothing like Thayer - I wonder if it's even the right person, lol. I've seen John Karlen on "Shazam!" but that's pretty much it.

Offline scout75

• Full Poster
  • "Sociopathic spinster!" "Histrionic fop!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2002, 06:34:26 PM »
My favorite Mitch Ryan performance is as an obnoxious Arizona detective in the long-forgotten 1973 film Electra Glide In Blue, starring the ever-charming Robert Blake...
BARNABAS: Here at Collinwood, old hates don't die. They lie in wait for the innocent and unsuspecting...

QUENTIN: We're guaranteed to make you believe (spells) exist. Our entire family can be explained in no other way...

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2002, 03:40:16 AM »
I have been taping the episodes of Father Knows Best, and Gunsmoke, trying to catch the ones Craig Slocum was in. Has anyone here ever seen those episodes? I'm sure I have, but just don't remember, it's been so many years.
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan