Author Topic: Favorite non-DS performance by cast?  (Read 6167 times)

Offline Dr. Eric Lang

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • Julia . . . Julia . . . when you do the experiment
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite non-DS performance by cast?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2002, 11:47:40 PM »
So many good ones mentioned here. I'd love to see some old Joan Bennett films. I'll always remember Thayer David in Journey to the Center of the Earth. I remember seeing that movie on TV when I was little and it made an indelible impression on me.

I really enjoyed Kate Jackson in "Scarecrow and Mrs. King." It wasn't the most important, nor the most impressive show ever made; but it was cute and fun and I really liked it.

Offline Afan

• Full Poster
  • Another body from Collinwood for me to autopsy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2002, 11:55:40 PM »
:D[hello][shadow=red,left,300]
Amen to David Selby in Falcon Crest and Night of Dark Shadows.
Also liked Louis Edmonds for years  as Langley Wallenford on All My Children.[/shadow] I used to tape the show when I was teaching, and I watched it when I got home.
I just received a Blooper tape, and it raised my admiration for Louis.  He made some bloopers, but covered them up so well, it was a pleasure to watch him
Afan
Where are they getting these bodies, Mulder,  are they making them?

Afan

Offline kuanyin

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2002, 11:56:31 PM »
I guess I will have to go with Daughters of Darkness, as I don't think I have seen anything else with DS alumni in it. I think I will get Satan in High Heels for my birthday present to me along with DS Vol. 2.

Does anyone think I could get Night of the Iguana in DVD anytime soon? I could buy the video, but hate to if it will come out on DVD.
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly, rather than not at all." G.K. Chesterton

Offline CD_Tate

• Junior Poster
  • I'm soooo artistic.
    • View Profile
    • Pix:
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2002, 12:21:09 AM »
Does anyone think I could get Night of the Iguana in DVD anytime soon? I could buy the video, but hate to if it will come out on DVD.
It's not on anyone's release schedule, nor are than any specific rumors about it.  Like many great films of mostly "literary" interest, I suspect the VHS is still the best bet for the foreseeable future.

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2002, 02:28:07 AM »
Thayer David in the original Nero Wolfe pilot film of the Seventies is another treat.  Thayer David is always fabulous to watch, but this gave him some wonderful lines and situations to play, plus he was at the center of the action, where I always felt he belonged. It's a shame that this movie has never been released on video.

Haven't seen very much of Lara Parker's other work, but of what I have seen, her guest role on Kolchak: the Night Stalker is a lot of fun.  Apparently it was less than fun for her to do because of some tension between herself and the show's star, Darren McGavin.  Lara played a young, powerful witch moonlighting as a fashion model.

Both Lara Parker and Thayer David gave good performances in the film SAVE THE TIGER .
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2002, 03:50:27 AM »
Hmmm m.. I did like David on Falcon Crest. . .he had many good scenes and in Rich and Famous with Candice Bergen and Jacquelin Bissett. . .Lara Parker.  .i remember her mostly from two other works --that vacationing with Loretta Swit thing where they saw Devil worship in the woods. . that was a riot and of course. .. as David Banner's first wife on the Incredible Hulk. .every time he got sad . .he remembered her playing with that kitten and trying to lift the car to save her ..

And to Grayson. . well. . .Iguana is great and I feel a great deal of sympathy for Judith. . look, if i'd saved all year for a vacation, got stuck with a bunch of whiney geriatric gals with dysentary, a horney tourguide and a frisky 16 year old. . .I wouldn't have been in a good mood either. ..I think the scene where Maxine is about to lay it all out for poor "in the closet" Judith. . is stunning. . Judith goes from the nemesis of the work to an innocent who needs protection. . .a seemless transition. . And of course the look on her face when Maxine offers her some pot ..well .. that's worth the price alone! ;D
Julia99

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2002, 04:00:48 AM »

I have an episode of Night Gallery called, "Certain Shadows On The Wall", with Grayson Hall. Her performance was excellent, spooky story!
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Bob_the_Bartender

• Senior Poster
  • "Serenity is my favorite emotion."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2002, 04:18:09 AM »
Wow, there are so many to choose from:

Thayer David - "Rocky 1," "Hawaii 5-0"

Dennis Patrick - "Joe," "All In the Family"

Jerry Lacy - "Play It Again, Sam," "The Rocky Blier Story"

Nancy Barrett - "Bellizare The Cajun"

Anita Bolster - "The Portrait Of Dorian Gray," "Sabotuer"

Isabella Hoopes - "The Taking Of Pelham, One, Two Three"

Kenneth McMillan - "The Pope Of Greenwich Village," "Ragtime," "Blood Brothers," "Moonchildren" (off-Broadway), "Salem's Lot"

Bob O'Connell - "Bananas," "Love Story"

Addison Powell - "Three Days Of The Condor"

Roger Davis - "Nashville Girl,"  "The New Hardy
Boys," "The Gallant Men"

KLS - "The Last Days Of Patton," "Legacy," "Come Die With Me," "The Great Gatsby," "Hawii 5-0," "Magnum, PI"

Offline VAM

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Adding to my canvas of life...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2002, 04:51:50 AM »
KLS was quite good in the adaptation of the Barbara Taylor Bradford novel "Voice of the Heart," which was a TV mini-series starring Lindsey Wagner and James Brolin.
It is a good day because I am still ticking!

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2002, 07:30:43 AM »
John Karlen, as Harvey Lacey,  of course.  He more than held his own with that Richter Scale-measuring persona otherwise known as Tyne Daly.

I forgot that role HE was the show!!Har...vey

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Selby_D._Pearson

« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2002, 09:04:44 AM »
Lara Parker.  .i remember her mostly from two other works --that vacationing with Loretta Swit thing where they saw Devil worship in the woods. . that was a riot and of course. ..

That is a fave of mine too. Its title is "Race With the Devil". I found it humorously ironic that Lara was the victim of "witchcraft" in this film. I think she said once at a Festival that she and Loretta Swit didn't get along very well.

Kenneth McMillan was creepy in "Dune".

SDP

Offline Carol

• * Fiction Filly *
    Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • New York Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2002, 09:58:01 AM »
I've been slowly taping John Karlen's guest star roles from Murder, She Wrote, Perry Mason, The Walton's and my latest was an ebay auction of the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries from 1977 where he played a boxer named "Rocky".  He acts just like "Willie"--if he had finally escaped Barnabas and had his own life. He's so damn cute in it.  :-*

I also have his Daughters of Darkness, MacShayne: Winner Takes All, The Dark Wind, BabyCakes, Daddy, and several others.
carolinamooon

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream" - Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2002, 10:49:45 AM »
I liked Thayer David in the movie "Journey To The Center Of The Earth."  Just saw that one not too long ago.

Also I used to watch the soap " One Life To Live" years ago and remembered Grayson Hall playing a part in that story. Thought she did a good job. Anthony George, the second Burke Devlin also was on the show during that time. He played Dr.Will Vernon.  Nancy Barrett also had a small part at the same time. It was almost like a DS reunion! ;)
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2002, 07:53:41 PM »
Carol, I should've realized you were taping JK's various appearances.  Duh!  (Right about now I could use a smiley that slaps itself upside the head.)...

His Hill Street Blues episode aired yesterday, but it should again in the near future and with Kosmo's help I can let alert you to it a few days in advance.  Johnny is only in one scene but he's great, as always.

My absolute favorite Thayer David appearances are in The Wild Wild West series.  After one character was involved in the theft of a samurai sword, TD was brought back a year later to play a thief that preyed on Mexican villagers (in the guise of Cortez!).  His villains were awesome; it's almost hard to believe this is the same guy that played Ben.

I enjoyed the replies so far and hope they keep coming.  Great question, CD Tate!

Offline CandleLighter

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2002, 07:59:51 PM »
 Duh!  (Right about now I could use a smiley that slaps itself upside the head.)...

Here ya go...