Author Topic: Movie Cast Ideas  (Read 15942 times)

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
Re: Movie Cast Ideas
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2008, 03:40:11 AM »
There's only one actor to play Quentin: HUGH JACKMAN!!!!!!!

PERFECTION!!!! :) He would rock.  I ain't feeling Helen Carter for Julia.  I just ain't feelin it. I am gonna have to think on everyone else!!

I also love the idea of Anthony Stewart Head playing Roger.  He could pull of the arrogance!! :)  Angelique Victoria and Julia are gonna have to be DEAD ON!!  And Quentin.  I only think he would be in a movie though if we get a trilogy out of it.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2008, 11:26:35 PM »
For what its worth: The webmaster ( I believe) of her website wrote a letter to Anne Hathaway and indicated in part that she hopes Anne is in the Dark Shadows movie-second paragraph.

http://nogoodforme.filmstills.org/blog/archives/2008/07/09/were_obsessed_13.html

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2008, 11:55:40 PM »
I feel Anne Hathaway is absolutely perfect for Vicki.

I also like the idea someone posted before of Ashton Kutcher as Quentin. If Demi Moore played Elizabeth, that could be an interesting dynamic. [ghost_cheesy]

I don't know the actor's name but the actor who plays Langley on The X-Files and The Lone Gunmen looks a lot like Louis Edmonds. Considering we know X-Files creator Chris Carter was a Night Stalker fan, it's not that farfetched to guess that he might have watched DS as well. Or maybe it's just a weird coincidence that a man who looks remarkably like Louis Edmonds played a character named Langley, who knows?
A growing collection of humorous DS videos. Last updated 11-3-08

Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Note: I will not respond to private messages.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2008, 12:17:08 AM »
I agree with you GooberCollins about the 26 year old Hathaway being perfect for the Vicky role. The Wikipedia website on her name indicated "Other possible films include the lead role of Victoria Winters in the Tim Burton reimagining of the 1960s cult Soap Opera Dark Shadows, starring Johnny Depp, which is going into production in late 2008 for a 2010 release".  I think she can pull it off. I really haven't given much thought to the other possible actors for the remaining DS roles.

I am also pretty sure Carter is a fan of DS.

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2008, 12:28:50 AM »
As much as I would love to believe that, I'm very skeptical of Wikipedia in instances like this.

Offline jimbo

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2008, 12:35:02 AM »
True. I have learned that its not official news until it is confirmed by TPTB although we can always hope.

Offline EmeraldRose

• Senior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2008, 08:40:57 AM »
I'm not sure about the other parts. The ones I mentioned are the ones I feel most strongly about.
Oops! I forgot about Barnabas! Of course, Johnny Depp should play Barnabas! I guess I considered that role a no-brainer, so I forgot to mention it. [ghost_wink]

----- Sally -----

[coolg] [hippy2]
----- Sally -----
[snow_bigglass] [hippy2]

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2008, 04:34:48 AM »
Some casting ideas, some new and some old:

Julia: Juliet Landau
Vicki: Anne Hathaway
Angelique: Sarah Michelle Gellar or Halle Berry
Roger: James Marsters
Elizabeth: Gillian Anderson
Maggie: Emmy Rossum
Quentin: Josh Holloway

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2008, 05:40:14 AM »
I like Juliet L as Julia. I am not feeling Anne Hathaway for Victoria.  I can't see SMG pulling off Angelique.   She is a great actress but I just don't see it.  Halle Berry--HOT!!  It would also fit more with the servant theme.  Roger: James Marsters is too young (to me) for Roger and yes I know he is in his late forties.  I just don't see it.  I would really love to see an original cast member in the role of  the matriarch ECS.  I LIKE the idea of Josh Holloway as Quentin! 
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2008, 02:45:57 PM »
If you don't think SMG can pull off the evil bitch role, you should watch Cruel Intentions. She can play heartless monster as well as she can a character like Buffy.

James Marsters has changed since the last season of Angel, believe me. He now looks his age quite thoroughly.

I'm not too keen on the idea of an original cast member playing Elizabeth, as Elizabeth was supposed to be around 50 when the series started, and all of the main female cast members are a bit too old to pull that off.

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2008, 02:59:13 PM »
I apologize for the double post, but I didn't have time to modify. Other examples of evil or bitchy Sarah Michelle Gellar include Kendall Hart on All My Children and The First in Buffy Season 7.

Offline Barnabas'sBride

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2008, 07:50:08 PM »
I definitely think SMG could pull off Angelique....the question is more along the lines - for myself, anyway - if I can stop picturing Buffy long enough.

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2008, 08:13:08 PM »
I had that concern when I first watched Cruel Intentions. It was gone by three minutes in. It was like a completely different person; I didn't associate her with Buffy at all.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2008, 10:14:05 PM »
Oh I know Sarah has RANGE.  BUFFYBOT/BUFFY  LOL  I have seen CRUEL INTENTIONS and she was amazing.  I just cannot see her as Angelique that is all.    Just my humble opinion.   As much flak as Lysette Anthony may get.   I loved her oversexd, crazy, cruel, and devious bitchy Angelique.  And Lara Parker's too.    The girl also needs those Angelique eyes too.

And I HAVE seen James Marsters.  I saw him at the BUFFY reunion a couple months ago. I know he is old enough to play Roger, but I don't know if I can see him playing him.  Or if it would work.   Who knows??

Evil First Buffy didn't inspire fear in me at all. Like Lara Parker or Lysette did. I KNEW they were evil.  Again guys just my opinions.  I could be totally wrong.

And why do we have to have big actors in the roles anyway?  What do you all think about newcomers?  Joanna Going--she was just a soap star and she was amazing!!

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2008, 01:36:25 AM »
The problem with newcomers is that they're newcomers. Many probably don't know who they are, and therefore if I said, "Herbert Gumblebuttons should be Roger," no matter how right he was for the part, most people would be scratching their heads. That's why we're choosing A-list actors.