Author Topic: Movie Cast Ideas  (Read 15949 times)

Offline markyboo

• Junior Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
Re: Movie Cast Ideas
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2008, 09:11:23 PM »
Someone was asking who would make a good Rev. Trask. I think Michael Emerson - Ben on LOST - would be fantastic in the role!

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2008, 09:24:21 PM »
Oh, believe me when I say that Bonham Carter is hardly my ideal choice for any of the roles. But seeing as how it's 99.9% likely that the film will be directed by Tim Burton, I have to accept that she'll likely be in it. Julia would be my ideal Bonham Carter, but Bonham Carter isn't my ideal Julia. Did that make sense?
A growing collection of humorous DS videos. Last updated 11-3-08

Did a large procession wave their torches as my head fell in the basket,
And was everybody dancing on the casket?

Note: I will not respond to private messages.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• The Guardian of Grayson's Shadows
  • DSF God
  • "Is he for real?" Julia Hoffman
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2008, 10:12:32 PM »
That makes perfect sense GOOBER:)  Sorry if I got a bit hostile in the other post. I am just over her in all her hubby's movies. It's getting old.
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/106113906083853/

Offline Miss_Winthrop

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 01, 2008, 12:31:07 PM »
I honestly believe that the Dr Hoffman role will be the hardest to fill.  She is the most complex character other than Barnabas IMO.  My thoughts are turning to someone of the stature of an Emma Thompson.  However, if the focus of the movie is not on the importance of the relationship between Barnabas and Dr Hoffman the choice will be a lot easier.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
~Virginia Woolf

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2008, 03:06:39 AM »
Coming back to this thread with a revised list, my ideal cast would be:

Barnabas - Adrian Brody
Julia - Juliet Landau
Angelique - Sarah Michelle Gellar
Elizabeth - Linda Hamilton
Roger - David Hyde Pierce
Victoria - Amber Benson
Maggie - Caroline Dhavernas
Carolyn - Alexa Vega
Willie - Giovanni Ribisi
Burke - Josh Brolin

I'm sure I can think of more later.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2008, 03:29:15 AM »
May you die before you want too.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2008, 04:48:27 AM »
See I think Julianne Moore would be a better Julia Hoffman she is 47 and has the red hair. [ghost_wink]  And Charlize Theron as Angelique.  Look at that pic of Angelique looking out the window in the DS Companion with her bosom overflowing.  I swear it's almost creepy how much she looks like Charlize.  Plus if you have seen MONSTER and all her other movies Charlize an AMAZING presence, something which is needed for Angelique.  I do like your idea though with Cate as Julia as well.  Decisions, decisions!! [scratch]
If you like DS and want to have a fun  on a Facebook page that is open to all forms of DS and doesn't allow childish behavior like some groups; come on over to DIAESD! You do have to ask to be invited and I will approve you.

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2008, 04:57:28 AM »
That's cool I can go either way with those two. Most of the cast I change my mind about from day to day. I really hope KLS plays Liz Stoddard, and maybe Kelsey Grammer as Roger.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2008, 05:09:14 AM »
I meant to add that I wasn't trying to you take away from you post.  I hope it wasn't taken that way.  There are so many endless possibilities, isn't it fun and fascinating to speculate??  [ghost_wink]

I think Julia, Victoria, and Angelique will HAVE to be right on the money.  I think those are the most crucial and we already know who is playing Barney so we don't have to give any thought on that.  I am fine with that bit of casting because IMHO Johnny Depp is the best male actor we have today and the most versatile!

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #114 on: August 20, 2008, 05:17:42 AM »
It's cool.

I do think that who ever plays Julia should LOOK like she's close to Barnabas' age.

I think most of the actors name are good enough to play that parts as long as they write them right. The only thing in this that I feel unsure of is the writer. I've seen some of his other work and I'm not impressed with it at all.

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 20, 2008, 05:21:23 AM »
Honestly, I think that the actress playing Julia should look a bit older than Barnabas. That's one of the (few) things I liked about the Revival's casting; not to knock Frid and Hall by any means, however!

Offline borgosi

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Space
« Reply #116 on: August 20, 2008, 05:27:17 AM »
I'm ok with a little older.

I don't think she be much closer to his age. I always thought he looked to old for Maggie, Vickie, and the others. I think Julia should be close enough to his age so they can look like they could couple.

Offline Taeylor Collins

• DSF God
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page!
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2008, 05:37:54 AM »
Well Johnny is 45 but looks like a perfectly preserved 35 year old and Julianne Moore is 47 and looks like a perfectly preserved 35 year old as well.  I think Julianne looks really natural too and she just came out as a DS fan. She doesn't look like she has messed with her face like most of the women in Hollywood.  I never really understood how old Barnabas was supposed to be?.  Of course we know that Johnathan was  43 when he started the show and Ben coincidentally was 43 as well.  Madame Steele (who I thought was a worthy Grayson successor and you all know I WORSHIP GH with fervent passion) was 53 when she was doing the revival!

Goober, I kind of think it would be neat spin on things to have a Julia the same age .  That is why I was looking forward to Kelly Hu as Julia.   Anyhow it's fun to throw out all these ideas.  Hopefully we are being watched!  [ghost_smiley]  I actually liked the Charlies Angels movies that August wrote and I was a fan of the original Charlies Angels.  At least we know Johnny will not accept a horrid script.  I think we can take some comfort in that. I also like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and I am a fan of the original Willy Wonka.  Go Figure.  I like reimagings I guess.

Offline GooberCollins

• Full Poster
  • HOWDY
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2008, 05:46:58 AM »
Barnabas I'd put in his mid-twenties, though he definitely didn't look it. The primary reason I'd like a Julia older than Barnabas is that I quite enjoyed Julia's obvious irritation at Barnabas chasing after the SYTs when he was so obviously aware of her affection for him. If Julia was younger, that could possibly break that dynamic when Barnabas gives up on finding Josette, as then, if Barnabas had a younger woman so clearly lusting after him, he'd probably jump at the chance to bite her. Of course, should that be ignored, a younger Julia could still think, "Why? I'm not much older than them. Why them and not me?"

Offline Zahir

• Full Poster
  • I Love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2008, 06:22:56 AM »
There are so many ways to rework the dynamics of DS...and that of course would impact the casting.

For example, why doesn't Barnabas go after Julia?  There are all sorts of reasons one can use, from the age factor to making her less attractive--or simply less "dainty"--that Josette or Maggie or Victoria.  An interesting take on it might be that Barnabas is attracted to Julia, and in "that way" but genuinely respects her too much--or is being loyal to his image of Josette.  Then again, maybe she reminds him of Angelique!

Likewise, one is faced with the perennial question of whether or not Josette has been reincarnated.  I for one prefer the story sans reincarnation.  That way we're seeing a more human drama of a man trying to recreate the past or of trying to reject it and move forward.