Author Topic: DS episodes scheduled for Decades network broadcast  (Read 12522 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: DS episodes scheduled for Decades network broadcast
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2016, 08:42:28 PM »
How cool that Buzz got some screentime again!

If ya feel it, SIT IT!

We get to see all the Buzz eps!!  [cheers]  Of couse, we also get to see Sarah singing London Bridge seemingly endlessly. But you win some, you lose some...

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2016, 06:32:33 AM »
Every weekday Decades has a show called "Through the Decades" before their other programming, repeating for 4 showings a day.  During the DS binge they announced that on Monday (10/31) one of the topics will be the debut of DS and why it became a cult classic.  It starts a 7 am, so the other showings are 1 pm, 7 pm and 1 am the next day. 
Josette

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Dark Shadows Marathon on Decades TV Right Now
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2016, 09:06:15 PM »
I discovered this by accident late last night and am sorry I haven't had the chance to post until now (mid-afternoon Sunday). A channel that must have been added in a recent cable upgrade, called "Decades," has had a DS marathon all day yesterday and through today, Sunday (October 30). I happened to catch this at the point where the Jason Maguire storyline was wrapping up, and then just before going to bed saw that a memorable aspect of the series had been reached with Barnabas hosting the costume party at the Old House, with the Collins family attending in the original clothes worn by their ancestors. Today the color episodes have been reached.

Thank you, "Decades" TV - it's exciting to see DS airing on TV.

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline Philippe Cordier

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 30, 2016, 11:08:52 PM »
Also, at the end of the credits after each episode is a new credit and logo I have never seen associated with "Dark Shadows" before: "CBS Television Distribution."

When the series aired on the SciFi Channel, the owner of the series seemed to be "Worldvision Enterprises."

Offline Philippe Cordier

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 30, 2016, 11:15:00 PM »
I completely missed this thread about Decades television when I posted the previous posts today. I did look through the Announcements page and didn't see anything there. Looks like I've been out of the loop for a couple of years regarding Decades.  [hall2_sad]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2016, 12:17:29 AM »
Always better late than never, Philippe.  [hall2_wink]

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2016, 12:36:14 AM »
Every weekday Decades has a show called "Through the Decades" before their other programming, repeating for 4 showings a day.  During the DS binge they announced that on Monday (10/31) one of the topics will be the debut of DS and why it became a cult classic.  It starts a 7 am, so the other showings are 1 pm, 7 pm and 1 am the next day.

The Decades promo makes it sound like it might be the same segment that we saw back on June 27th. Though I suppose only time will tell... But if it is, that might be why ShadowGram didn't mention it when it mentioned this latest Binge...

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 31, 2016, 04:15:19 PM »
When the binge began airing on Saturday afternoon, it was annoying that they initially skipped past certain episodes in the Barnabas-confines-Maggie storyline, but fortunately they stopped skipping after Dr. Hoffman entered the picture.  Enjoyed Barnabas frequently strangling Julia, with Julia grimacing and massaging her neck afterwards like a silent movie star.  An especially amusing instance of this occurred in the secret room in the mausoleum, while Burke and Dr. Woodard on the other side of the wall, wondering what that noise was.  How fun!

Ben

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 31, 2016, 06:27:42 PM »
The Decades promo makes it sound like it might be the same segment that we saw back on June 27th.

Yup, it was the same segment. Though it's certainly a segment that should be shown more than once because it actually gets it. At one point they say that DS fans tune in for the actors, the drama, and the theater - the exact same reasons that I've and others have said we watch. There isn't one mention or even the slightest hint of the C word.

Unfortunately though, for fans of a certain Fest director, his clip that was originally shown in between the June 27th segments wasn't shown this time around because DS was originally the eighth segment and this time it was the first. How sad...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 31, 2016, 06:32:47 PM »
When the binge began airing on Saturday afternoon, it was annoying that they initially skipped past certain episodes in the Barnabas-confines-Maggie storyline

Did they skip eps? I only watched for a short while on Saturday because I had late-afternoon/evening plans. But the schedule on Decades didn't look like they were going to skip anything. What was missing?

Offline Ben

• Full Poster
  • That night must go ... nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2016, 11:40:12 PM »
It's hard to say exactly which eps they skipped.  What my bf Tom and I noticed on Saturday was that a number of eps ended with one scene but began with a new scene, instead of the customary reprising of the previous ep's last scene.  We kept asking ourselves, "So what happened with such-and-such in the last episode?"  We concluded that they had to be skipping episodes but didn't think to compare what we were watching with the episode guide (we were actually taking a break from watching the boxed set, where we are now on 1970-PT). 

Not sure exactly when, but possibly by Saturday night, we noticed more continuity between eps, and when we woke up on Sunday morning, the storyline seemed to have progressed fairly slowly. 

Sorry this isn't too helpful.

Ben   [hall2_embarrassed]