Author Topic: DS episodes scheduled for Decades network broadcast  (Read 12500 times)

Offline Mysterious Benefactor

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
Re: DS episodes scheduled for Decades network broadcast
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2015, 05:39:04 PM »

Offline Uncle Roger

• * 200000, 250000 & 300000 Poster!! *
  • DIVINE SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2015, 06:18:22 PM »
I got Julia as well. [female_skull] [skull_winks] [female_skull]
Fade Away and Radiate

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2015, 11:00:37 AM »
I rarely watch these days but got sucked in last night...

the early B&W Barnabas episodes really do have their own special kind of magic that's sort of gets lost when the switch to color is made. they have an enchanting old fashioned quality that's quite mesmerizing.
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2015, 08:14:21 PM »
As often as one might watch DS, it never fails to amaze how easily one can forget something or completely miss some little detail. Case in point, I missed Ep #210 the first two times that Decades ran it, and I haven't watched it in close to ten years, so I made a point to catch it when Decades ran it for a third time this morning. And what did I notice, you might ask? Well, when Willie is in the mausoleum, I'd completely forgotten that Joshua's name plaque is in the place where throughout the majority of the show Sarah's is. I guess that must mean that the Collinses, unknown to the audience, must have decided at some point to switch the placement of Joshua's and Sarah's coffins and plaques in the mausoleum because it certainly can't be that later on everyone involved with the show had completely forgotten that Joshua was there originally. Nope - not at all - the show was always a stickler for complete continuity!  [wink2]  And one other thing that I noticed is that when Willie entered the secret room he had to jump down to the floor because there were no stairs. I don't know if I ever realized that he had to do that because there were no stairs and that he didn't simply just jump over them. But I quess that the lack of stairs must mean that once again someone unknown to the audience, and also someone with complete knowledge of the secret room, had the stairs secretly shipped out so that the mechanism to open the door from the inside could be repaired, and then the stairs were replaced at a later time. Yup - that has to be it!  [nodassent]  Seeming examples of discontinuity completely explained away! There, I feel so much better.  :)

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2015, 04:11:54 PM »
Thanks for the giggle, MB.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 02, 2015, 08:32:10 PM »
 [b003]

Offline DarkLady

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 02, 2015, 09:23:48 PM »
Hilarious, MB! I'm glad you got to see 210 again at last. As michael c says, the black-and-white kinescopes have an eerie, dreamy quality.

Took the quiz--another Barnabas here.

Offline michael c

• DSF God
  • mr.collins i'm fed up with this nonsense!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2015, 01:29:13 AM »
this go round I noticed that during the weeks Barnabas kept Maggie imprisoned at the Old House he did not actually feed on her. shall we assume some unfortunate ladies of questionable repute down by the docks were serving his "nutritional needs"?

I also noticed more so than in the past that during Barnabas' early weeks the show was very much divided in half in a way it hadn't been before and never would be again. some days were Barnabas episodes and some days were Jason/Liz episodes. the two plots were largely kept separate and distinct and the characters within each plot didn't really interact with those in the other except in superficial ways. it's like the show was trying to "find" itself and the paranormal won out in the end.

once Jason was killed the storyline becomes unified and all the characters are essentially on the "same page".
sleep 'til noon and your punishment shall be the dregs of the coffeepot.

Offline Cousin_Barnabas

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2015, 04:05:11 AM »
And one other thing that I noticed is that when Willie entered the secret room he had to jump down to the floor because there were no stairs. I don't know if I ever realized that he had to do that because there were no stairs and that he didn't simply just jump over them.

I noticed this as well! 

Offline Gothick

• FULL ASCENDANT
  • Somebody book me a suite at Wyndcliffe, NOW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2016, 01:32:07 AM »
I saw on FaceBeast today that "Decades" is going to run their relay of DS episodes again to celebrate the DS 50th anniversary.  I presume it will be the same chunk that starts with the release of Barn from his coffin and ends up somewhere later on in the 1967 storyline.

I don't know the dates but presumably someone who is into it will do a thread for this.

G.

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2016, 02:05:06 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, Gothick.  [ghost_smiley]

I just checked their schedule and, unlike the previous two showings, Decades isn't doing a weekend binge. Beginning on June 27th it seems like they'll be running DS eps between their regular programming for that day.

For example, their day starts off with:
7:00AM ET: THROUGH THE DECADES - JUNE 27 (which  features a segment on DS)
8:00AM ET: THE DICK CAVETT SHOW - JACK LEMMON (PART 1) (too bad it's not one of Frid's many appearances - but then it looks like Cavett's PBS show, not his ABC)
8:30AM ET: THE DICK CAVETT SHOW - JACK LEMMON (PART 2)
9:00AM ET: DS EP #211 (skipping over Ep #210, which normally begins things)
9:30AM ET: DS EP #212
10:00AM ET: DS Ep #213
10:30AM ET: DECADES FEATURE - THE CELLULOID CLOSET.

Then things begin all over again, except that:
3:00PM ET: DS Ep #214
3:30PM ET: DS Ep #215
4:00PM ET: DS Ep #216.

Then things begin again, except that:
9:00PM ET: DS Ep #217
9:30PM ET: DS Ep #218
10:00PM ET: DS Ep #219.

However, there's nothing on the schedule for the 28th yet, so who knows if the eps will continue beyond the 27th or not...

Offline Josette

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2016, 06:07:33 AM »
Since they do 6 hours of programming which repeat for 4 times a day, I would assume that at 3 a.m. they would show the next 3.  And, as they have different shows each weekday, I would guess that it's just those 4 times and the rest of the 28th would be the new day's programs.
Josette

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2016, 06:16:12 AM »
That's exactly what they're doing. I just checked the schedule, June 28th is now up, and it's:
3:00AM ET: DS Ep #220
3:30AM ET: DS Ep #221
4:00AM ET: DS Ep #222.

And that's it - 3 eps of The Twilight Zone begin at 9:30AM ET. And while it's certainly nice that they're acknowledging the 50th Anniversary, more than 12 eps might have been nice. But hey, I suppose it's better than nothing - especially when they're showing only the same 3 eps of TTZ all day...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2016, 01:23:32 AM »
If only these synopses on tvguide.com are for the eps that will actually be on Monday/Tuesday on Decades - but I seriously doubt it:

(And yes, these are copied exactly as they appear on tvguide.com - someone there may have been drinking the day they were typed.  ::))

Dark Shadows
9:00 AM on DECAD 4.2, 30 min 1966
David tries to turn Carolyn against Victoria on the subject of Burke Devlin. Figuring into the action is an outraged Elizabeth , a dangerously perturbed Matthew , and an apparently incriminating photograph.

Dark Shadows
9:30 AM on DECAD 4.2, 30 min 1966
When he is stood up by Carolyn, Joe invites Maggie to dance with him.

Dark Shadows
10:00 AM on DECAD 4.2, 30 min 1966
Burke tries to cover up his association with Mrs. Johnson falls for Burke's subterfuge hook, line, and sinker.

Dark Shadows
3:00 PM on DECAD 4.2, 30 min 1966
Roger discovers that the missing fountain pen is in the possession of Victoria wants to hire hotheaded Joe to assume the responsibilities of the late Bill Malloy.

Dark Shadows
3:30 PM on DECAD 4.2, 30 min 1966
Matthew suspects that Mrs. Johnson is up to no good, and he tries to scare her away from Collinwood. Meanwhile, Mrs. Johnson continues filing reports with Burke about the goings-on at the mansion.

Dark Shadows
4:00 PM on DECAD 4.2, 30 min 1966
Burke tries his best to incriminate Roger to look for the elusive fountain pen. Meanwhile, Roger again attempts to send Victoria packing.

Dark Shadows
9:00 PM on DECAD 4.2, 30 min 1966
Roger steals the fountain pen from David's room. Victoria responsible for the disappearance of this vital piece of evidence in the case of Malloy's death. This enables David to lure Victoria into a trap.

Dark Shadows
9:30 PM on DECAD 4.2, 30 min 1966
Luring Victoria into the closed-off wing of Collinwood, David locks her in a hidden room. Meanwhile, Carolyn has a fight with Joe begins to worry about David and Victoria's overlong absence.

Dark Shadows
10:00 PM on DECAD 4.2, 30 min 1966
This pivotal episode of Dark Shadows made its first network appearance on October 21, 1966. Locked in a hidden room, Victoria is given an ominous warning by the ghost of Bill Malloy . At first, she thinks she is dreaming.

Dark Shadows
3:00 AM on DECAD 4.2, 30 min 1966
David pretends to look for the missing Victoria , though both he and the audience know that David is responsible for her disappearance. Meanwhile, Victoria makes a desperate escape attempt.

Dark Shadows
3:30 AM on DECAD 4.2, 30 min 1966
Finding the hidden room, Roger releases Victoria, but not before trying to scare her out of what is left of her wits. She tells him of being visited by the ghost of Bill Malloy.

Dark Shadows
4:00 AM on DECAD 4.2, 30 min 1966
Victoria tells the rest of the family about her close encounter with the ghost of Bill Malloy. They remain skeptical until receiving incarnate proof of Malloy's presence.

I mean, how magnificent would it be to celebrate DS' 50th by having some of the key eps featuring The Pen showcased?! Sure, Bill Malloy's ghost would also be seen - and the synopses for that ep may say it was "pivotal" - but there's no way Bill's ghost can ever compete with the gloriousness that is The Pen!!  [nodno]

Although, while one would expect the synopses on Decades own site to be correct, let's not forget that for the first Binge they were way, Way, WAY OFF - so, who knows what eps may really show up on Monday/Tuesday...

• Systems Manager /
  • Administrator
  • NEW SUPERNAL SCEPTER
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2016, 02:00:03 AM »
Dark Shadows 50th Anniversary on Decades Network; ...

Twelve of the series' most well-known shows will be featured, including the debut episodes of vampire Barnabas Collins.

Which is what Decades has on their Web site. Who knows where/how/why tvguide.com has gotten the impression otherwise? But you know what, maybe I'll just have my own private celebration and watch Eps #77-#88 when tvguide.com lists they'll be on. After all, I've seen Eps #211-#222 so many times already that I've lost count - but I've only seen Eps #77-#88 twice...