Author Topic: Most Valuble Item?  (Read 4279 times)

Offline Ricky101

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
    • Lucille Ball Online
Most Valuble Item?
« on: February 03, 2004, 01:02:09 AM »
What's the most valuble DS collectible or item you own?
Mine are my DVDs.

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
Re:Most Valuble Item?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2004, 01:33:41 AM »
That's easy.....my lock of Barnabas "Jonathan Frid" Collins hair.  I have it framed and it's hanging on my kitchen wall.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline DarkShadowyFigure

• Junior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2004, 02:17:36 AM »
Besides the dvd's and a few assorted videos, I have Jonathan Frid's autograph from the DS Fan Club I joined back in '68 or '69. There was also a 45 rpm record from JF as part of the fan club. I still have that.  I used to have the complete DS bubblegum card set, the one with DS scenes on one side and a slice of a giant Barnabas puzzle on the back. I believe it was from the bubblegum wrappers that I sent off for an imitation Barnabas ring. I saw that ring somewhere in the house not too many years ago, along with a few of those bubblegum cards. I still have a Dancing Lady knife like Aristede had (I think I sent off for that from a  Johnson-Smith catalogue, anyone recall those?). I don't recall if the catalogue actually mentioned DS when it was selling those knives. I either lost, sold, gave away or tossed out a lot of DS items, especially DS related magazines and the Marilyn Ross novels. To think I once thought DS would be forgotten for all time.
What was I thinking?!?!

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2004, 10:20:28 AM »
Hmm....
I don't really own any "collectibles" so to speak - used to have a bunch of stuff (including Frid's autograph), but it's long gone.  Only thing that seems to have survived is the DS record album.  lol
My most treasured items that I guess would qualify as DS-related are my autographed copies of David Selby's two poetry books.  But since they're inscribed to me, they wouldn't be of value to anyone else.

;D

PS  TERRY -- how on earth did you end up with a lock of JF's hair????   :o
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 10:46:18 AM »
Well, of collectibles, I have quite a few of the Marilyn Ross novels, the Dark Shadows game (the fangs are the only missing items), the original soundtrack album, the 45 of Quentin's theme, the adds for both movies clipped out of the local paper, and some of the comic books.  Of course, now I have many of the newer items, like the CD soundtracks and the various Pomegranate books.  Of more contemporary value, I have the autographs I collected from several of the stars (including and especially TLATKLS!) whilst I spend a few hours at the last festival, and the reissue of Josette's Music Box (the container also autographed by TLATKLS!).

Gerard

Offline jennifer

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 02:16:48 PM »
My DS books and tapes i quess~~~~

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Bobubas

• Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 03:45:46 PM »
My most cherished DS related collectable would be the autographed 8X10 photo of Joan Bennett my friend Jay gave to me several years ago. I never had the pleasure of meeting Ms. Bennett, so it is very special to me.
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline Craig_Slocum

• Muted
  • Senior Poster
  • Cute Craig
    • View Profile
    • Cheryl's Dark Shadows
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 05:52:57 PM »

Craig Slocum's DS scripts, one has his name penciled on it. 
Cheryl,

Craig Slocum's #1 Fan

Offline Raineypark

• DSF God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 06:06:05 PM »
The only DS related "things" I ever owned were a handful of the paperbacks, and a "Barnabas" ring....none of which I still have, and none of which I miss in the least.

The one thing I DO treasure.....the memory of a  :-* on the cheek from John Karlen outside a theatre door....and that will always be with me.  ;)
"Do not go gentle into that good night.  Rage, rage against the dying of the light."
Dylan Thomas

Offline MsCriseyde

• Senior Poster
  • Even the name reeks of Ohrbach's!
    • View Profile
    • Criseyde's David Selby Site
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2004, 06:27:21 PM »
That would be my signed and numbered limited edition self-portrait of Diana Millay who apparently believes that she resembles a Barbie doll.

Oops. Sorry. I thought you were asking about my most laughable DS item.  >:D

Dark Shadows Alumni Movies (Includes a DS News page.)

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2004, 06:39:18 PM »
MsC, you are wicked! [lghy]

Offline LdyAnne

• Full Poster
  • DS fan since 1967- run home from school kid
    • View Profile
    • Central Florida Dark Shadows Fan Club
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004, 03:16:35 AM »
I still have my complete set of DS paperbacks, a couple of early 70's horror mags that have DS features, my DS game - the fangs of course  :'(, my DVDs and Lara Parker's book autographed to me! ;D
LdyAnne

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2004, 11:06:33 AM »
My most valuable items are probably the drawings of DS characters I've done and had the stars autograph.

Janet
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline TERRY308

• Senior Poster
  • The real Mrs. Collins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2004, 07:57:02 PM »
Connie, about 15 years ago my cousin and I were going to Maine to see Stephen Kings mansion, and we stopped in NYC to stay with my cousin friend overnight.  While there we were looking at her "stuff" and there was Jonathan Frids hair.  "Oh yeah" she said "He gave his hair to a few people, I was one of them."  I was flabergasted(?)  "Do you want it?"  Being no fool, I said yes.  The rest is history and on my kitchen wall.
Cassandra:  I have a potion.  You know it well.  As soon as she drinks it, within an hour, she will go to sleep and have the dream.
Nicholas:  I am much to talented to spend my time drugging drinks.

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2004, 10:54:56 PM »
 ;D Great topic!
   I'm an avid collector of DS and classic horror film memorabilia. Sometime I'll have to post a pic of my "Forry Ackerman" basement ,[frankie]
 I painted the walls stone grey to resemble the Old House basement.
DS wise, my most "valuable" items would probably be
1.) The cards-I have a complete set of the original pink cards, the green cards, the recent orange cards, and the color photo cards, although I lack the signed Dan Curtis card, I do have the signed Selby, KLS, and Roger Davis cards.
2.) I have about a 1/3 of the Gold Key Dark Shadows comics, including a # 1.
3.) My wife has a complete set of the old paperbacks, including the cookbook and all the novels. [read]
4.) I have the original one sheet (standard theatre size)
posters for HODS and NODS, (style 1 on each). I paid about $75 for HODS about 10 years ago and I've seen it go up a lot since then. I have the complete lobby card set for HODS and most for NODS. I hope to complete that set one day.
5.) Most valubale to me personally is a 1968 cast photo, the one they are standing on the stairs in, signed by John Karlen, KLS, Nancy Barrett, Lara Parker, Jonathan Frid and Louis. (Bless his soul). I wouldn't part with it for anything, although I'd keep missing Robert Rodan at shows and wish i could get him to sign it as well.
  Sincerely, no bragging, I'm just proud of what I've collected.
PS One day, I plan on adding a skeleton in Trask like clothes in a unused closet, and put something that resemebles a partially bricked up wall in front.   ;)
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul