Author Topic: Most Valuble Item?  (Read 4275 times)

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
Re:Most Valuble Item?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2004, 01:19:27 AM »
"Oh yeah" she said "He gave his hair to a few people, I was one of them."  I was flabergasted(?)  "Do you want it?"  Being no fool, I said yes.  The rest is history and on my kitchen wall.

Terry,  [wave]

I wonder how he came to be giving his hair to people.  lol
Do you have a picture of this framed masterpiece???  We'd REALLY like to see what JF's hair looks like framed and on someone's wall!

Ya know, if I were to frame anything even remotely related to David Selby and put it on the kitchen wall, I'd be served with papers within the week.

Hey!!!!!!   [ideay]
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline coterie-mc

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
    • My Dark Shadows Collectiables
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2004, 08:34:46 AM »
Currently i have 163 of the Marilyn Ross novels with 2 of the paperback box's,  (i started collecting DS in 1976). when the novels could be found and bought for 25 cents each.  I used to buy and sell on the DS collectiable classifieds (DSCC).  the rarest DS items i have are the Angelique ghost doll from NODS,  30+ of the sunday comic strips from Los Angeles and the Barnabas Collins glow in the dark poster by western publishing.

***This photo was taken about 1999, does not show my MPI tapes or DS posters.

Offline coterie-mc

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2004, 09:28:07 AM »
  my sunday comic strip collection

Offline Cassandra

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2004, 10:32:23 AM »
Mine is Josette's music box & theme that I just purchased at last year's recent festival.

That's quite an impressive collection you got there Coteriemc.  Must have taken you years to collect all of this.  I never even realized that they had Sunday comic strips of DS.   Very nice!

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Offline Bobubas

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • The Gates of Hell.
    • View Profile
    • Bob's Dark Shadow Event Photos
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2004, 03:05:57 PM »
I used to buy and sell on the DS collectiable classifieds (DSCC).   

Me too! Prior to the advent of the internet, Sue Ellen Wilson's DSCC was a great venue to buy & sell DS Collectibles, as well as meet new DS friends. Those were great times  :)
Your Focus Determines Your Reality!
Everything in Life is only for now!

Offline CrazyJenny

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2004, 03:17:20 PM »
I think mine would be the costumes my mom(not a DS fan at all!) made for me.  It was the only way I could get her to even come close to watching the show with me.  And the costumes she made always looked just like the ones on the show.
"PEOPLE CAN FORGET WHAT YOU SAY AND WHAT YOU DO BUT THEY WILL NEVER FORGET HOW YOU MADE THEM FEEL."

Offline coterie-mc

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2004, 03:49:08 PM »
Hello Cassandra, yes it has taken me a long time to aquire my collection, i regret letting some of it go like a couple of original scripts and my josettes music box (which did not have it's lid). i guess there was a big warehouse find on the music box's back in early 1990's, all without lids!!!. Gary over at shadowland in PA made duplicates for 15.00. so if you have the original 1970 box. hold on to it. MPI is re-releasing the box on feb 17, supposedly...they keep pushing back the date.  -robert

Offline coterie-mc

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2004, 03:55:06 PM »
Hello Crazyjenny & Bobubas, now thats a name i remember...sue ellen wilson, do you keep in touch with her?  if so, how is she doing?  i think i still have some of her old "for sale" newsletters around here and i know i have a DS collectors guide up-date that she and craig hamrick put out back in 92. it's like 18 pages long and came  stapled together.  look forward to talking more with you about the "old" times. -robert

Offline dom

• Long Lost Cousin Returned
  • Global Moderator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2004, 06:35:54 PM »
I highly value most of my DS items. The Ross novels are a sentimental fave because of my memories of collecting them during my youth. I don't think I've read more than one or two. The same (sentimental appeal) applies to the few 16 magazines I have featuring the "DS Gang", as they were sometimes noted on the cover. I love my DS books printed by Pom. Press (KLS's publishing co.). I buy books for the pictures (I'm not a reader by any stretch of the imagination) so the DS PP books are priceless to me personally. The original vinyl DS lp is also a prized possession. I (think I) have all the DS music CDs as well, and really treasure them.

The DS collectable that is the biggest part of my daily life is my one DS pink bordered trading card. It is of a shot taken during my fave part of the series and features two of my all-time favorite characters. I had it laminated and carry it in my wallet.

It was given to me by a fellow DS fan at the Vegas Fest. This was the Fest that introduced me (flesh and blood) to my core group of DS pals who have become dear personal friends. Besides that fabulous memory, viewing the card also brings back that "rush" I got as a kid with anything DS. Every time I open my wallet I take a peek at it and smile. Sometimes that comes in very handy, particularly during the course of a long hard crummy day.

Of course I treasure my set of MPI tapes. My faves being the "Collector's Series", which features the pre-Barn episodes. If I could only keep one DS collectable, it would be the collector's Series, hands down. These volumes I will take to the grave. I eagerly await their release to DVD.

I have a few other items but they don't mean that much to me, though I am more than thrilled to own them.

dom

Offline Janet the Wicked

• Senior Poster
  • These pretzels are making me thirsty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2004, 06:56:11 PM »
CyrusC said:
Most valubale to me personally is a 1968 cast photo, the one they are standing on the stairs in, signed by John Karlen, KLS, Nancy Barrett, Lara Parker, Jonathan Frid and Louis. (Bless his soul). I wouldn't part with it for anything, although I'd keep missing Robert Rodan at shows and wish i could get him to sign it as well.

Excellent! I did a drawing of the Blue Whale and had a bunch of the stars autograph it.

Janet
I get a kick out of these guys who think they're so clean, when all the time they're trying to cover up their dirt.

Offline coterie-mc

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2004, 08:03:26 PM »
Dom,  same as you,  when it comes to the paperback books,  hands down they are my favorite.  dosen't matter if the covers are torn, worn or water damaged, i'd never part with them.    by the way, though it's not laminated,  i do carry a picture of Angelique in my wallet.  i heard that was a very cool DS  festival held at the MGM Grand. i stay there often when visiting relatives.

Offline CyrusL

• Senior Poster
  • What is the line between good and evil?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2004, 11:32:53 PM »
 [shockeyes]  <=== Man with View Master

Hey, one of the very coolest  8)  DS collectibles ever were the View Master reels, issued from 3-D pictures taken during the Adam storyline. I got mine in either an Easter basket or Christmas stocking in 1969. They run anywhere from $50 to $100 depending on the dealer. Great depth in the pictures. You will see Barnabas, Maggie, Adam, Eve, Nicholas, Roger, Liz, Peter Bradford, Joe and more. Great shots of Collinwood with that "Wax Museum" atmosphere. The reel still work on the current viewers.
Your Cousin from Virginia

"I have the deed to Carfax Abbey..."

"Scare unto others as you would have them scare unto you.".. Super Ghoul

Offline Stuart

• Full Poster
  • Can you smell chips?
    • View Profile
    • Dark Shadows Journal Online
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2004, 06:20:08 AM »
I guess my favourite item is one of the original studio plans (from an early 1897 episode), which I have framed above my desk.  I bought it in one of the festival charity auctions and it always makes me smile, having a little piece of DS hanging on the wall.

Elsewhere, I have a car license plate from the 1991 series, along with one of Barbara Steele's Julia blouses, which hangs in my wardrobe, probably to the alarm of any prying eyes ;)
http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com | The Dark Shadows News Page
http://www.collinwood.net | Visit the Dark Shadows Journal Online

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2004, 02:22:19 PM »
....along with one of Barbara Steele's Julia blouses, which hangs in my wardrobe, probably to the alarm of any prying eyes ;)

[hello]

Well, all that really matters is, does it FIT you well.   ;D

Can you imagine having one of Grayson's blouses she wore on the show??   :o
Ah....there was a time when I would have been able to fit into one of her blouses.  Those days are long gone.   :P

:'(
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Nancy

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2004, 03:07:43 PM »
That would be my signed and numbered limited edition self-portrait of Diana Millay who apparently believes that she resembles a Barbie doll.

[a1f5]