Author Topic: Most Valuble Item?  (Read 4270 times)

Offline Julia99

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
Re:Most Valuble Item?
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2004, 04:06:19 AM »
Well. . .i have things that i cherish. .my Julia t-shirts (- the best one, er. the Carlotta t-shirt, i'm sure my Mom stole it), my Grayson Hall mousepad with a scan of her autographed photo on the couch with her dog, Thing -- but the most personal item, i guess is the post card which i showed elsewhere here the other day, the Peter Turgeon oil painting.  He painted the silly picture and then sent this postcard to his cousin, Mimi.. .my friend who gave it to me when she discovered via IMDB just a few months ago that Peter (Bunny) worked with Grayson on DS. . .so i have this memorabilia of the least favorite-and destined to die Dr. Woodard:
Julia99

Offline Gerard

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2004, 08:27:37 PM »
I love that postcard, Julia99.  It is an illustration of the Great Eastern, a mammoth ocean liner constructed by Isambard Brunel in 1859.  (I'm a real maritime fanatic, both as historian and collector.)  Almost 700 feet long, powered by sails, enormous paddle-wheels and a propellor, she was originally designed to carry 5,000 First and Second Class passengers in very opulent accommodations (sofas in the staterooms were convertible to bathtubs!) from England to India, her size allowing for so much coal to be carried in her bunkers that she needed to stop only once along the way.  She never made one trip to India, instead being used to ferry passengers across the Atlantic.  Despite her size and luxury, incredible for the 1860's, she was a failure; very few would sail in her, ironically intimidated by her grandeur.  One passenger who appreciated her was Jules Verne, who wrote several stories concerning a massive ship based on the Great Eastern.  After several seasons of money-losing passenger crossings, she was withdrawn from service, her magnificent interiors removed and replaced by holds filled with the first transatlantic cable to connect the two continents telegraphically.  She was then eventually scrapped and forgotten, a ship a half-century ahead of her time.

Gerard

Offline Sandor

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2004, 03:48:59 AM »
MOST VALUABLE ITEM - in my dreams:
1. The butt of a cigarette smoked by Grayson Hall (w/ lipstick traces).
2. Nancy Barrett's boa when she portrayed the possessed Charity Trask/Pansy Faye.
3. The hand of Count Petofi.
4. Don Briscoe's underwear, and speedo.
MOST VALUABLE ITEMS - in reality:
1. My JULIA HOFFMAN coffee mug & T-shirts
2. My DON BRISCOE mouse pad
3. My Milton Bradley DARK SHADOWS GAME from '69 (everything's there but the original fangs, darn it)
4. Photos and memorabilia from my 1st DARK SHADOWS CONVENTION - great time, great people

Offline Connie

• Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2004, 06:19:08 AM »
Don Briscoe's UNDERWEAR????[lghy]

[hdscrt]
Blank space
                                Your Ad Here   ---->>

Offline tripwire

• Full Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2004, 06:42:33 AM »
I prefer Ben Stokes drawers myself, with skidmarks and all, but to each his own.  [nerv]
its a sudden death that i know, my father wrote me to say that, my cousin, uncle jeremiah was, was very disturbed.

Offline Julia99

• Senior Poster
  • My Fans are Legion
    • View Profile
    • Barnabas & Company
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2004, 06:35:13 AM »
I prefer Ben Stokes drawers myself, with skidmarks and all, but to each his own.  [nerv]

oh nasty!!! [chkyb]
Julia99