Author Topic: Victoria Winters  (Read 7353 times)

Offline VictoriaWintersFan

• Junior Poster
  • "My journey is beginning..."
    • View Profile
Victoria Winters
« on: October 12, 2003, 02:31:22 AM »
Hello Dark Shadow Fans,

As you can tell obviously, my favorite character of Dark Shadows is Victoria Winters.  I have always wondered if Alexandra Moltkle had decided to stay with the show until it's end, if the show would have lasted longer.

Please Answer The Following Questionarre.....

(1)  What Is Your Favorite Victoria Storyline or Time Period?

(2)  What Would You Have Wanted For Victoria If The Character Had  Stayed Until The End, Or What Do You See What The Writers Could Have Done?

(3) Who Would Victoria Ulitmatly End Up With If It Was Your Choice?

(4) Who Were Victoria's TRUE Parents?

(5)  Would The Show Have Lasted Or Been Better In It's Final Years Had Victoria Been Present?

Thanks for answering!

Shane
Victoria Winters

~Governess of Collinwood~

1966-1968,1795

Her journey back from 1795 to present is just beginning....

Offline Midnite

• Exec Moderator /
  • Administrator
  • SENIOR ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
Re:Victoria Winters
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 02:54:53 AM »
VWF, hope you don't mind that I changed the text to royalblue so there'd be more contrast against the dark background.

Offline Maria_Merriweather

• Full A ed Newest Fervor Post
  • Full Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2003, 02:55:31 AM »
1. The Phoenix storyline. She showed a little more backbone and was not as clueless.
2. I would have liked to see her married to Frank Garner, living at Collinwood. I would not want to see her as a supernatural character--just an ordinary mortal trying to solve the mysteries of Collinwood and it's occupants.
3. Frank Garner
4. Elizabeth and ?
5. Yes, IMHO. I liked the character of Vicky and if they had given the character more substance maybe AM would have stayed and maybe the show would have lasted much longer. 8)
MM

Offline Josette

• NEW ASCENDANT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2003, 04:14:38 AM »
Welcome, VictoriaWintersFan!!

I suppose I enjoyed her most in 1795.  Some of the stupid things she did drive me crazy, but in general I enjoy her experience of that time.

Originally, I liked her with Frank Garner.  Since he didn't last long, it's hard to say whom I would have wanted.  I wasn't overly thrilled with the others she went with.

Elizabeth was definitely her mother.  I've never decided about the father.

I don't know if her presence would have made any difference in the final outcome.  The show lasted several years without her, so it would probably have still run its course either way.
Josette

Offline Anna Collins

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2003, 01:38:00 PM »
1.  1795.
2.  She would have found out who her parents were.
3.  Probably Jeff Clark.  But she would have stayed in this century.
4.  Elizabeth Stoddard and Jason McGuire. :o
5.  Yes, it probably would have lasted. :)

EDIT:  Since Barnabas Collins saved the show, have ended up with her, Barnabas and Julia doing the time travelling to save the family, instead of simply Barnabas and Julia.
My name is Anna Collins...

Offline jennifer

• DSF God
  • we'll always love you Don!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2003, 03:27:15 PM »
2.found out she was a Collins
3.Liz and Paul Stoddard
4. Jeff Clark :o
5.no i don't think one role would have saved it!

jennifer
we are the champions!!!!
 2007 Boston Red Sox
PAV

Offline Birdie

• Senior Poster
  • And her little dog too
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2003, 03:31:55 PM »
 1. 1795-- I have always enjoyed stories about people from the future who somehow manage to get transported into the past.

2.  I would have had her find out who her parents were.

3.  Anyone but Jeff Clark... Maybe have Burke come back

$.   Elizabeth and possible some romanctic "wrong" person from her past.  Would have made an interesting story line

5.   I don't think it would have made that much of a difference.

Birdie
Birdie--
God please put your arm around my shoulder and your hand across my mouth

Offline wes

• THIS SPACE FOR RENT
  • Junior Poster
  • My Journey is Beginning
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2003, 03:58:49 AM »
 [sun] Her best storyline was during Laura's 1967 visit.  She had some good episodes after that, tho... some better ones.

[sun] The one when she is trapped at the Old house during the storm.  There, she has learned how to blend with Frid very well.  They learned how to act together well.

[sun] Then, there is a 1795 one with her on trial, breaking down as she is declared guilty.  It was a B&W kinescope one... watch for it.  Alexandra is excellent in it.  I think she was sick, or just getting over a flu... Still, she was very good in that one.

[sun] She was always intended to be Elizabeth Collins' daughter.  Why do people debate this?

[sun] I thought she was best with Roger Davis.  She seemed more natural with him (I'm not sure she would agree with that assessment!).

[sun] The show could have gone on, with or without her.  She was always welcome to return.  The heads lost interest in it and the popular characters wanted to do other things.  They didn't want to do what viewers wanted to watch anymore. 

Offline VictoriaWintersRox

• Full Poster
  • Vickified
    • View Profile
    • The Regal Beagle
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2003, 04:17:07 AM »
I'm a Victoria Winters fan also.  :D

1) I'd have to say the pre-1795 period. She was a great character in the pre-Barnabas episodes, and I liked how she was drawn in by Josette's music box after Barnabas focused on her. She became way too much of a victim after hooking up with Peter/Jeff.

(2) I have to agree with many of the others. The story of who Vicki's parents were should've been resolved.

(3) Burke Devlin. I know I'm in the minority, but I liked her with Burke #2. I wouldn't have minded seeing her with Frank Garner. Honestly, I wouldn't have minded seeing her with Barnabas (although I'd prefer Barnabas with Julia, I suppose), since they shared some common interests (history, for instance).

(4) Elizabeth Collins Stoddard and a man from her past.

(5) I don't know. I don't think that one character could really change a show that much. If Vicki had stayed, I wonder what would've become of Maggie Evans. I mean, her 'sphere' - Joe and Sam - were both gone, and her 'love interest' Nicholas Blair wasn't on earth anymore.

Offline Cassandra

• Senior Poster
  • I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2003, 10:13:03 AM »
Welcome Victoria Winters to the group!

For me it was the 1795 storyline.  I love when they take trips back to the past so seeing Vicky in this one was especially interesting for me, although I do wish she had  little more backbone when she got there.

(2)  What Would You Have Wanted For Victoria If The Character Had  Stayed Until The End, Or What Do You See What The Writers Could Have Done?

I would have liked to have seen her play an alter ego character instead of all the usual good girl roles which Im sure she must have gotten bored of.  It would have been interesting to see her play the villian for a change. I think she would have liked that too.

I always liked her with the first Burke Devlin and thought they had good chemistry together.

Elizabeth of course.  As for her Father I think Bill Malloy could have been a good candidate since he had an interest in Liz.

(5)  Would The Show Have Lasted Or Been Better In It's Final Years Had Victoria Been Present?

I think the show would have lasted at the same rate as it has done but it would have been nice to see how her character fit into the storylines that were played later on.

Cassandra
"Calamity Jane"

Accomplice_To_Cass

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2003, 07:04:50 PM »

I really enjoyed when Victoria first came to Collinwood, the early episodes are some of the best.

I don't know exactly what I'd want to happen to her, but I kind of hope that something good would happen, and that she'd live happily ever after, or something like that.  :)

I know it seems like an odd match, but I think Victoria and Adam would have made an interesting couple.

I don't know..hmm..I'll have to think about that.  ???

I think the show would have lasted a little longer with Victoria, and it probably would be a little better too.

>:D

Offline CD_Tate

• Junior Poster
  • I'm soooo artistic.
    • View Profile
    • Pix:
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2003, 08:00:20 PM »
Early-diner-Maggie is one of my favorite characters of all time, so for me...  the best thing to imagine if Victoria had stayed would be: having them keep up the "Eve Arden" smart-ass personality for Maggie, rather than turning her into the replacement engenue(sp?)/victim...

Offline Philippe Cordier

• (formerly known as Vlad)
  • Senior Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2003, 05:10:56 AM »
I came up with quite a different theory than any proposed here regarding Victoria Winters' parentage.  Taking the lead from a poster named Bob on the old VantageNet Forum, I further developed his ideas regarding Jamison Collins.  I also then added or developed Bob's ideas regarding Betty Hanscombe, discussed the original story bible, and isolated specific aspects of the mystery that I felt could be attributed only to DS writer Francis Swann (including some classic mystery elements that I felt influenced him), whom I believe held the actual solution to the mystery.  Cassandra Blair then modified my proposal and I believe our combined solution was correct ... but I'm not sure I care to enter the fray again!  If Cassandra wants to (and has time to go into it), she's welcome ...  ^-^

Despite the conventional wisdom and closed statements many make on this topic, it is not a given that Elizabeth is Victoria's mother.

"Collinwood is not a healthy place to be." -- Collinsport sheriff, 1995

Offline The Ghost of Sarah Collins

• Senior Poster
  • Do You Know My Brother Barnabas...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2003, 05:25:21 AM »

The Dream curse storyline in which Victoria firmly tells Casdrangelique she would never pass on the dream..

I would have hoped that Victoria would have upon learning she was a Collins, she stayed on and lived in Collinwood just as Carolyn does.

The first Burke Devlin was tall dark and very handsome, and also very rich.. and with Vickie being a Collins he would then be related all the Collins'   Cool!  ;D

I believe her Mother was Elizabeth Collins Stoddard and her Father was Bill Malloy, Elizabeth never told Bill, or Paul she had a child.

I believe so, there was so much Vickie could have done in any of the storylines...

Sarah's [ghost]
                           :-*
The Ghost of Sarah Collins (1784-1795)
Sister to Barnabas...@}{~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"That evil is wicked is well understood,
the wicked are punished so you must be good"
(Sarah to Barnabas)

Offline Matt

• I love DS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2003, 06:20:24 AM »
1.) Overall, I think Vickie was especially spunky in the early episodes when she first arrives at Collinwood. She has to deal with David's insanity, Liz's evasiveness, Roger's accusations of snooping and spying, and through it all she has a myriad of great foundling home stories to relate to everyone with a problem.

2.)Not sure what the writers could have done with the Vickie character in general, most likely what they went on to do with Maggie. I'm with whoever said though that it would have been nice to see Maggie stay as she was in the beginning. I never could buy the whole Maggie the governess thing...

3.) Frank or Burke I guess...

4.) Liz and Hanscombe the butler (which would explain the resemblance to Betty his sister or daughter or whoever)

5.) I don't think it would have made much difference in the long run. It would have been interesting to see Moltke in some different roles...I think a parallel time Vickie would have been great as an abrasive, sarcastic, drinking buddy of Roger sort of character.